Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 407 408 409 410 411 ... 471 472
Holy {REDACTED}, this threads 5 years old and still is useful!
Holy {REDACTED}, this threads 5 years old and still is useful!
0PusAYp.pngbYt72YT.png
Ok, figured it out.
Would it be easier to train 3 dragons at once to level 25, and then getting those guys to be used to farm loot or make a trainer to exalt farm with?
Would having a trainer and looting dragons work for farming for loot?
Ok, figured it out.
Would it be easier to train 3 dragons at once to level 25, and then getting those guys to be used to farm loot or make a trainer to exalt farm with?
Would having a trainer and looting dragons work for farming for loot?
@DragonOfTheDark

Something else - the levelling stats are different from farming/training ones, plus the lv25 builds here are outdated (especially the trainer one). Maki’s Guide has the current ones

You'll need a lv25 of the right element - Arcane for Mire, Water or Nature for Ruins. The element is important because 2-fodder trainer builds, even the newer ones with more vit, can't take many hits so an element with too many weaknesses can die very fast

@DragonOfTheDark

Something else - the levelling stats are different from farming/training ones, plus the lv25 builds here are outdated (especially the trainer one). Maki’s Guide has the current ones

You'll need a lv25 of the right element - Arcane for Mire, Water or Nature for Ruins. The element is important because 2-fodder trainer builds, even the newer ones with more vit, can't take many hits so an element with too many weaknesses can die very fast

hWsjkHE.png
@DragonOfTheDark

(cont. since you edited your post when I was writing)

Yes, it's best to train a full team first. I'd then make one of them into a trainer and the two others into farmers, and later train third farmer with the trainer to have a full team

Farming with a trainer and two farmers is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it for farming anything past Arena (or Vents for a Mire Flyer). After that it slows you down because the trainer doesn't have enough str to one-shot everything
@DragonOfTheDark

(cont. since you edited your post when I was writing)

Yes, it's best to train a full team first. I'd then make one of them into a trainer and the two others into farmers, and later train third farmer with the trainer to have a full team

Farming with a trainer and two farmers is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it for farming anything past Arena (or Vents for a Mire Flyer). After that it slows you down because the trainer doesn't have enough str to one-shot everything
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien
Thank you!
Do I have to change my flight for this, though?
@Elaendorlien
Thank you!
Do I have to change my flight for this, though?
@DragonOfTheDark

No. Your dragons' elemental weaknesses and strengths are based on their element, not your clan's
@DragonOfTheDark

No. Your dragons' elemental weaknesses and strengths are based on their element, not your clan's
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien
Oh. Does this mean I need to change my dragons then?
They're all wind, and I've spent a lot of time on the three of them.
@Elaendorlien
Oh. Does this mean I need to change my dragons then?
They're all wind, and I've spent a lot of time on the three of them.
@DragonOfTheDark

Preferably at least one, yeah. Wind is unfortunately bad for both of the two training venues

It's not wasted time at all though! They can work well as a farming team, and you seem to have one lv20 Water dragon? So you can train the current three to lv20, then change one for Aletar, and later train the 3rd to lv25 as well

(For the couple of highest levels it's best to have mixed element farming team, but others a one-element team works as well because generally the only things that can attack you with anything elemental are the bosses)

@DragonOfTheDark

Preferably at least one, yeah. Wind is unfortunately bad for both of the two training venues

It's not wasted time at all though! They can work well as a farming team, and you seem to have one lv20 Water dragon? So you can train the current three to lv20, then change one for Aletar, and later train the 3rd to lv25 as well

(For the couple of highest levels it's best to have mixed element farming team, but others a one-element team works as well because generally the only things that can attack you with anything elemental are the bosses)

hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien
Oh, just one get's switched out?
The wind ones + water become the training team, but then what do I do with extra one?
@Elaendorlien
Oh, just one get's switched out?
The wind ones + water become the training team, but then what do I do with extra one?
@DragonOfTheDark

Only the Water becomes a trainer - the best trainers are actually solo dragons ^ ^

(Best fodder levels are generally lv5-6 and 2-fodder trainers excel at training to those. A training team of two for Kelp Beds exists, but it's generally only useful if you are training a lot of lv25s)

So you'll have two "extras" from the first three lv25s that can be farmers, plus that one lv20. With a trainer it's then easy to train that lv20 to lv25 (plus a lot of random fodder at the same time for profit)
@DragonOfTheDark

Only the Water becomes a trainer - the best trainers are actually solo dragons ^ ^

(Best fodder levels are generally lv5-6 and 2-fodder trainers excel at training to those. A training team of two for Kelp Beds exists, but it's generally only useful if you are training a lot of lv25s)

So you'll have two "extras" from the first three lv25s that can be farmers, plus that one lv20. With a trainer it's then easy to train that lv20 to lv25 (plus a lot of random fodder at the same time for profit)
hWsjkHE.png
1 2 ... 407 408 409 410 411 ... 471 472