Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 390 391 392 393 394 ... 471 472
@DragonGirl1031

I know not using Vit feels counter-intuitive, but trust me, you need those points for Str and Qck. If your stats and stones are right you can kill most mobs before any of the monsters even have a turn.

If you are having trouble with Culex stats something is wrong. Stones, stats, or your overall strategy. First of all, do all your dragons have Eliminates and Ambushes?

If they don't have Elims it's best to switch to Sedona build and train a couple of venues lower than their level. It's a lot slower but Culex build more or less requires the Eliminates to work. (Even one Elim per team does miracles.)

Missing Ambushes isn't as big of a problem, but combined to missing Qck points it can mean that instead of going first like you should, you go last and take a lot of hits you can't afford.

If your dragons have all the needed stones and they are still getting killed, the most likely culprit is the missing stat points. I'm assuming you are at Delta at the moment? Most of the monsters there have 20 Qck or over, meaning they go before your dragons. The recommended 25 Qck is enough to let you always go first.

I'd heavily recommend adding the Elemental Might Fragments because you can't reach the needed stats without them. They don't cost much and drop relatively often, so replacing them later with Berserkers is not a problem.

@DragonGirl1031

I know not using Vit feels counter-intuitive, but trust me, you need those points for Str and Qck. If your stats and stones are right you can kill most mobs before any of the monsters even have a turn.

If you are having trouble with Culex stats something is wrong. Stones, stats, or your overall strategy. First of all, do all your dragons have Eliminates and Ambushes?

If they don't have Elims it's best to switch to Sedona build and train a couple of venues lower than their level. It's a lot slower but Culex build more or less requires the Eliminates to work. (Even one Elim per team does miracles.)

Missing Ambushes isn't as big of a problem, but combined to missing Qck points it can mean that instead of going first like you should, you go last and take a lot of hits you can't afford.

If your dragons have all the needed stones and they are still getting killed, the most likely culprit is the missing stat points. I'm assuming you are at Delta at the moment? Most of the monsters there have 20 Qck or over, meaning they go before your dragons. The recommended 25 Qck is enough to let you always go first.

I'd heavily recommend adding the Elemental Might Fragments because you can't reach the needed stats without them. They don't cost much and drop relatively often, so replacing them later with Berserkers is not a problem.

hWsjkHE.png
@DragonGirl1031 You will need those points later. (You can use a Tincture to get them back any time, so it's no great loss - you just have to be careful when you're allocating points because the numbers given assume you have more available than you do.)

Might stones for Light are cheap; Charged Might for electric costs more right now. A lot of the prices vary based on who's doing a dom push, and Arcane and Plague are always high because those have a lot of advantages at high levels. If you really don't want to deal with Might stones, you can use hybrid fragments when they reach level 10: Shale, for light, gives +2 Agi and +2 Vit; Glass for Lightning gives +2 Int and +2 Quickness.

Hybrid fragments are always cheap in the AH; you can stack them on the dragons and not feel guilty when you write over them with Berserk later.

It really does get easier as they reach higher levels. If you've got the full, recommended set of stones, you can grind a team from start to level 25 in a weekend.
@DragonGirl1031 You will need those points later. (You can use a Tincture to get them back any time, so it's no great loss - you just have to be careful when you're allocating points because the numbers given assume you have more available than you do.)

Might stones for Light are cheap; Charged Might for electric costs more right now. A lot of the prices vary based on who's doing a dom push, and Arcane and Plague are always high because those have a lot of advantages at high levels. If you really don't want to deal with Might stones, you can use hybrid fragments when they reach level 10: Shale, for light, gives +2 Agi and +2 Vit; Glass for Lightning gives +2 Int and +2 Quickness.

Hybrid fragments are always cheap in the AH; you can stack them on the dragons and not feel guilty when you write over them with Berserk later.

It really does get easier as they reach higher levels. If you've got the full, recommended set of stones, you can grind a team from start to level 25 in a weekend.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@Elaendorlien - All my dragons have Eliminate and 1 Ambush.

I am in the Delta. I guess I will re-tincture them and redo the stat points. I'll add the might fragments when I get them. Thanks for all your help.

I do have one confusing thing on the guide. What do the little symbols next to the enemy's name mean? I've been having a hard time figuring that out. Like Serthis Potionmaster has a mediate, scratch, scratch, str 49. What is this really suppose to be telling me? XD

@ErisLordFreedom - Thanks!
@Elaendorlien - All my dragons have Eliminate and 1 Ambush.

I am in the Delta. I guess I will re-tincture them and redo the stat points. I'll add the might fragments when I get them. Thanks for all your help.

I do have one confusing thing on the guide. What do the little symbols next to the enemy's name mean? I've been having a hard time figuring that out. Like Serthis Potionmaster has a mediate, scratch, scratch, str 49. What is this really suppose to be telling me? XD

@ErisLordFreedom - Thanks!
@DragonGirl1031

Good luck!

The symbol explanations are at the beginning of the guide post - in short:
  • Meditate/Contuse - mage, low priority, kill last, (tho be be wary of the contuse ones because if you leave them for too long they can lower your attack power)
  • Two scratches and Str - if your Str is lower than that, scratch twice before eliminating (usually they need only one scratch)
  • Eliminate and Str - if you got that Str you can one-shot eliminate

@DragonGirl1031

Good luck!

The symbol explanations are at the beginning of the guide post - in short:
  • Meditate/Contuse - mage, low priority, kill last, (tho be be wary of the contuse ones because if you leave them for too long they can lower your attack power)
  • Two scratches and Str - if your Str is lower than that, scratch twice before eliminating (usually they need only one scratch)
  • Eliminate and Str - if you got that Str you can one-shot eliminate

hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien - Thank you for clarifying! I'd read it but didn't totally understand it.
@Elaendorlien - Thank you for clarifying! I'd read it but didn't totally understand it.
Could you, please, clarify for me the following: once I've locked a Battle Stone, there is no way to change it?
I had equipped one of my warriors with a Scratch and didn't think that I would need Eliminate later... quite stupid, and, I guess, I'll have to take another warrior in my party now...
Could you, please, clarify for me the following: once I've locked a Battle Stone, there is no way to change it?
I had equipped one of my warriors with a Scratch and didn't think that I would need Eliminate later... quite stupid, and, I guess, I'll have to take another warrior in my party now...
@KitsuneF0xy

You can't remove stones, but you can overwrite and reorganise them.

Do you mean Shred? Scratch is an energy stone, not ability stone like Eliminate so you can't put Elim in that socket.

Either way, those are very cheap stones so don't worry, you can freely overwrite them - generally the only ones that you never should overwrite are Elims.
@KitsuneF0xy

You can't remove stones, but you can overwrite and reorganise them.

Do you mean Shred? Scratch is an energy stone, not ability stone like Eliminate so you can't put Elim in that socket.

Either way, those are very cheap stones so don't worry, you can freely overwrite them - generally the only ones that you never should overwrite are Elims.
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien, yeah, that's exactly what I've meant, and thank you for explanation!
@Elaendorlien, yeah, that's exactly what I've meant, and thank you for explanation!
Even with me just starting out, I've stayed faithful to this guide and my dragons are bringing in more treasure than I know what to do with! Thanks for such an amazing guide.
Even with me just starting out, I've stayed faithful to this guide and my dragons are bringing in more treasure than I know what to do with! Thanks for such an amazing guide.
l1yRMX4.png
My avatar screes in hunger, an unsatisfiable hunger more powerful than the gods themselves.

What does it hunger for, you ask?

ankles

Pd4Z4Ct.png
Starting this!
Starting this!
1 2 ... 390 391 392 393 394 ... 471 472