Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Hammy's Coliseum Guide
1 2 3 4 5
Edit: Dragons must be named and adults in order to fight Edit: I'll update this soon This is how I built my dragons and how I've learned. I figured I'd share what I learned ^^ First and foremost: Stat points are so important! Unfortunately, I learned the hard way about that. I didn't know how each dragon was built and just scattered points evenly across them... yeah.. don't do that. [u]The perfect team (in my opinion): [/u] [i]1 Tank 1 Healer/Fighter 1 Fighter [/i] [b]The Tank: [/b] Unless you specifically build a dragon for this, the only good starting tank will be a Snapper. Snappers are born with a higher defense and have good health as well. Their strength is good too, which can turn them into fighters, but I personally see them best as Tanks. Their natural born stats are: [LIST] [*] Strength: 7 [*] Agility: 5 [*] Vitality: 9 [*] Quickness: 5 [*] Intelligence: 5 [*] Defense: 9 [*] Mind: 5 [/LIST] Their quickness is low along with their mind defense, but those can be worked on. [b](Note: Before following the stat distribution for the Tank that follows this, get Mind up to near equal with Defense)[/b]. When you are giving stat points to your tank, you will want to focus on the Defense and Mind. Quickness will need some, but it should be occasional. I'm going to say that for every two you put towards Defense and Mind, one should go towards quickness. (2-2-1) This will often leave it very uneven, for that uneven set I will give towards vitality. [br] Here are the stones I recommend having for the Tank: [center][item=anticipate][/center] [center][item=clobber][item=guard][item=concentration][item=haste][/center] [center]These stones aren't working properly! -Augment stones-[/center] [center][item=field manual][item=ambush][/center] [u][b][i]Caution: Apparently, ambush isn't working like it's supposed to... so this may or may not be pointless. Note: Clobber works damage by the casters strength, but the stunning is based on defense, even if it doesn't take out damage, it could possibly stun them! However, you probably won't use this much.[/i][/b][/u] [b]The Healer/Fighter:[/b] There's a few dragons that make very excellent choices for this type of build! They are: [LIST] [*]Fae [*]Skydancer [*]Pearlcatcher [/LIST] -Tundra as well, but they are a neutral fighter. They can be turned into anything you wish- Once you've picked your desired Mage, you can begin to put stats onto them! The advantage with a Mage is that it's strength comes from it's intelligence. This is why they are great Healers/Fighters! Any physical attacks put onto them will not do any good, do not waste attacks such as shred/eliminate on them! Use your dragons elemental attack that does it's damage based on intelligence! [i](This means bolts and the 'final' attack for an elemental dragon! ex: Fossilize/Shock/Drown/Disorient etc...)[/i] [br] Building your stats should focus on giving intelligence and quickness! Little to no defense should be put on the mage! (This is where that Tank of yours comes in handy!) Distribute stats as follows: Intelligence 3 - Quickness 2 - Vitality 1 [br] If you have any extra points, you can either save them or scatter them to defense. (I personally can't stand it when a dragon has stat points to be used, but not anything to use it on where is needed, so I tend to scatter my points; however: [b]Nothing at all should go towards strength[/b]!) The stones I suggest your dragon has are as follows: [center][item=meditate][/center] [center][item=aid][item=rally][Elemental stone][Elemental stone/Reflect][/center] [center][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar] [/center] [center][item=discipline][item=discipline] [/center] Learn your mage's elemental strengths, use this to your advantage when fighting monsters weak against your mage! Also, by chance that your fighter does die, you can use your mage to attack. Which is where that concentration will come in handy from your tank. Not only will it allow your mage to heal more points, but it will also allow for your mage to do more damage. [b]The Fighter:[/b] [LIST] [*]Mirror [*]Spiral [*]Imperial [*]Ridgeback [*]Wildclaw [/LIST] The Fighter will be the core part of your team. You will need to put Strength/Quickness/Defense on your fighter in a 3-2-1 fashion. Any extra stat points go towards your vitality/mind. These are the stones I recommend for a Fighter: [center][item=scratch][/center] [center][item=shred][item=eliminate][Element stone][/center] [center][item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker][/center] [center][Anything in the last row][/center] At lower levels, you will feel there is no end to the scratching and using your elemental stone to kill off a monster. Once you hit level 7 and can put eliminate on your dragon, things will go from bleak to amazing. You will be able to gather breath for eliminate and then scratch and kill with eliminate. This will get you through a number of fights. [i][b][u]Remember[/u][/b]:[/i] Without all three of these dragon types in your party, it will be harder. Without the Tank the Mage will fall which will lead the Fighter to fall. Without the Mage the other two will not be easily healed. This formation focuses on the utilization of all three team members in equally important roles. Eliminate is best because of it's non-elemental type. Good luck! I hope this proved helpful!
Edit: Dragons must be named and adults in order to fight
Edit: I'll update this soon
This is how I built my dragons and how I've learned. I figured I'd share what I learned ^^
First and foremost: Stat points are so important!
Unfortunately, I learned the hard way about that. I didn't know how each dragon was built and just scattered points evenly across them... yeah.. don't do that.
The perfect team (in my opinion):
1 Tank
1 Healer/Fighter
1 Fighter

The Tank:
Unless you specifically build a dragon for this, the only good starting tank will be a Snapper. Snappers are born with a higher defense and have good health as well. Their strength is good too, which can turn them into fighters, but I personally see them best as Tanks. Their natural born stats are:
  • Strength: 7
  • Agility: 5
  • Vitality: 9
  • Quickness: 5
  • Intelligence: 5
  • Defense: 9
  • Mind: 5
Their quickness is low along with their mind defense, but those can be worked on. (Note: Before following the stat distribution for the Tank that follows this, get Mind up to near equal with Defense). When you are giving stat points to your tank, you will want to focus on the Defense and Mind. Quickness will need some, but it should be occasional. I'm going to say that for every two you put towards Defense and Mind, one should go towards quickness. (2-2-1) This will often leave it very uneven, for that uneven set I will give towards vitality.
Here are the stones I recommend having for the Tank:
Anticipate
Clobber Guard Concentration Haste
These stones aren't working properly! -Augment stones-
Field Manual Ambush
Caution: Apparently, ambush isn't working like it's supposed to... so this may or may not be pointless.
Note: Clobber works damage by the casters strength, but the stunning is based on defense, even if it doesn't take out damage, it could possibly stun them! However, you probably won't use this much.

The Healer/Fighter:
There's a few dragons that make very excellent choices for this type of build! They are:
  • Fae
  • Skydancer
  • Pearlcatcher
-Tundra as well, but they are a neutral fighter. They can be turned into anything you wish-
Once you've picked your desired Mage, you can begin to put stats onto them! The advantage with a Mage is that it's strength comes from it's intelligence. This is why they are great Healers/Fighters! Any physical attacks put onto them will not do any good, do not waste attacks such as shred/eliminate on them! Use your dragons elemental attack that does it's damage based on intelligence! (This means bolts and the 'final' attack for an elemental dragon! ex: Fossilize/Shock/Drown/Disorient etc...)

Building your stats should focus on giving intelligence and quickness! Little to no defense should be put on the mage! (This is where that Tank of yours comes in handy!) Distribute stats as follows: Intelligence 3 - Quickness 2 - Vitality 1

If you have any extra points, you can either save them or scatter them to defense. (I personally can't stand it when a dragon has stat points to be used, but not anything to use it on where is needed, so I tend to scatter my points; however: Nothing at all should go towards strength!)
The stones I suggest your dragon has are as follows:
Meditate
Aid Rally [Elemental stone][Elemental stone/Reflect]
Scholar Scholar Scholar
Discipline Discipline
Learn your mage's elemental strengths, use this to your advantage when fighting monsters weak against your mage! Also, by chance that your fighter does die, you can use your mage to attack. Which is where that concentration will come in handy from your tank. Not only will it allow your mage to heal more points, but it will also allow for your mage to do more damage.

The Fighter:
  • Mirror
  • Spiral
  • Imperial
  • Ridgeback
  • Wildclaw
The Fighter will be the core part of your team. You will need to put Strength/Quickness/Defense on your fighter in a 3-2-1 fashion. Any extra stat points go towards your vitality/mind.
These are the stones I recommend for a Fighter:
Scratch
Shred Eliminate [Element stone]
Berserker Berserker Berserker
[Anything in the last row]
At lower levels, you will feel there is no end to the scratching and using your elemental stone to kill off a monster. Once you hit level 7 and can put eliminate on your dragon, things will go from bleak to amazing. You will be able to gather breath for eliminate and then scratch and kill with eliminate. This will get you through a number of fights.
Remember: Without all three of these dragon types in your party, it will be harder. Without the Tank the Mage will fall which will lead the Fighter to fall. Without the Mage the other two will not be easily healed. This formation focuses on the utilization of all three team members in equally important roles. Eliminate is best because of it's non-elemental type.
Good luck! I hope this proved helpful!
tumblr_ntz8d7CUWK1ueyht5o1_100.png
@Hihamburger

Great guide! This is super helpful, I had never thought of adding a tank dragons before.

Do you know at what age dragons can start fighting? I thought it was when they grew up to adults but my fae's that grew up today aren't available for selection.
@Hihamburger

Great guide! This is super helpful, I had never thought of adding a tank dragons before.

Do you know at what age dragons can start fighting? I thought it was when they grew up to adults but my fae's that grew up today aren't available for selection.
@Lyydia that's odd... Dragons that are adults should all be able to fight o.o could it be a bug?? I didn't know that there was actually an age o.o I've never run into that before... Sorry :\
@Lyydia that's odd... Dragons that are adults should all be able to fight o.o could it be a bug?? I didn't know that there was actually an age o.o I've never run into that before... Sorry :\
@Lyydia
if they're unnamed, they'll be unavailable for selection. you have to give them names and they have to be adults, then you'll be able to pick them.

if they've already got names and it's still not working, idk what to tell you. better go post on the bugs forum. orz
@Lyydia
if they're unnamed, they'll be unavailable for selection. you have to give them names and they have to be adults, then you'll be able to pick them.

if they've already got names and it's still not working, idk what to tell you. better go post on the bugs forum. orz
@HiHamBurger
If you have more than one ambush on your team then it'll work for all but the first one. So if you have 3 ambush-ed up dragons then you ought to get 2 ambush turns. If you have two ambush stones on all 3 dragons (6 total) then you'll get 5 ambush turns.
@HiHamBurger
If you have more than one ambush on your team then it'll work for all but the first one. So if you have 3 ambush-ed up dragons then you ought to get 2 ambush turns. If you have two ambush stones on all 3 dragons (6 total) then you'll get 5 ambush turns.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@lizziecat1279
Ah, thank you ^^
I've figured that out since now o: and I've changed the way I do my team now that they're level 25. So this guide is a bit out-dated with my own view o.o I should fix that soon >.>
@lizziecat1279
Ah, thank you ^^
I've figured that out since now o: and I've changed the way I do my team now that they're level 25. So this guide is a bit out-dated with my own view o.o I should fix that soon >.>
@Hihamburger
lol ok X3
@Hihamburger
lol ok X3
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@Hihamburger - Would coatls fall under Healer/Fighter?
@Hihamburger - Would coatls fall under Healer/Fighter?
@Tweedledoom
Hm... their stats are about even... though, they have meditate, so I'd assume naturally as a healer, but, it wouldn't be hard to change it.
@Tweedledoom
Hm... their stats are about even... though, they have meditate, so I'd assume naturally as a healer, but, it wouldn't be hard to change it.
@Hihamburger - That makes sense. Also, on your Healer/Fighter build, do you think Aid works more effectively than Regenerate, or do you think the two could be interchangeable?
@Hihamburger - That makes sense. Also, on your Healer/Fighter build, do you think Aid works more effectively than Regenerate, or do you think the two could be interchangeable?
1 2 3 4 5