Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I sorta feel like this is intended? It's very easy to obtain hatchlings from starter breeds, they reproduce quickly - why shouldn't they be cheap?
I sorta feel like this is intended? It's very easy to obtain hatchlings from starter breeds, they reproduce quickly - why shouldn't they be cheap?
furry_fiddle.png
I would just like to put in that I am very much enjoying reading this.
Also to put in that when I first started (which was approx. a month ago) the price for starters was sitting at around the 45oooT, (don't quote me on that, I'm not too sure about that price), mark and that was daunting to me, and then prices started dropping, and I went 'woo hoo!' and now I see that the dragons are pretty much worthless and not selling I'm feeling a little stunted. I have to admit that I came into this game expecting to breed and sell, but at this point I'm just breeding for myself and am going to maybe sell if the economy improves a bit, but until then, I have the exalt button, which is a part of this game. I suppose this is great for encouraging people to exalt?
I would just like to put in that I am very much enjoying reading this.
Also to put in that when I first started (which was approx. a month ago) the price for starters was sitting at around the 45oooT, (don't quote me on that, I'm not too sure about that price), mark and that was daunting to me, and then prices started dropping, and I went 'woo hoo!' and now I see that the dragons are pretty much worthless and not selling I'm feeling a little stunted. I have to admit that I came into this game expecting to breed and sell, but at this point I'm just breeding for myself and am going to maybe sell if the economy improves a bit, but until then, I have the exalt button, which is a part of this game. I suppose this is great for encouraging people to exalt?
tumblr_nh1ys2XGoZ1sendkso1_100.png
Welcome to Whimsy
@fishspeakers
Exactly. That is why I'm saying there are over abundance of dragons, they have nearly become cheap renewable resource and soon enough will have no more value. Now who in the right mind would buy the oxygen we're breathing? Unless you need breathing help.

That illustrates this, if I can make my own obsi/obsi imperial, why would I buy it for 1 million treasures? While I can get that cheap obsi/obsi guardian for 5k and breed it with my current white/soil imperial and hope for the best.

On the other note.

There is a lot of factor that causes people to complain about prices. Most of us keeps on forgetting the part that humans have this thing called 'irrationality' that were mentioned a few times on economic studies, I might go a bit off topic to explain this, but here's a few example.

- Impulse buying, you don't need a chewing gum, why did you buy it?
- Why do you prefer this brand of food over another?
- Why do you buy jewelries?
- Why did you chose this clothes it's the same as the other?

The current problem that arises from players thinking their dragons should sell for over 15k might also been an implication of this, people will think their dragon is worth a lot, that is why you will occasionally see 60k on an... eye bleeding magenta/splash dragon.
@fishspeakers
Exactly. That is why I'm saying there are over abundance of dragons, they have nearly become cheap renewable resource and soon enough will have no more value. Now who in the right mind would buy the oxygen we're breathing? Unless you need breathing help.

That illustrates this, if I can make my own obsi/obsi imperial, why would I buy it for 1 million treasures? While I can get that cheap obsi/obsi guardian for 5k and breed it with my current white/soil imperial and hope for the best.

On the other note.

There is a lot of factor that causes people to complain about prices. Most of us keeps on forgetting the part that humans have this thing called 'irrationality' that were mentioned a few times on economic studies, I might go a bit off topic to explain this, but here's a few example.

- Impulse buying, you don't need a chewing gum, why did you buy it?
- Why do you prefer this brand of food over another?
- Why do you buy jewelries?
- Why did you chose this clothes it's the same as the other?

The current problem that arises from players thinking their dragons should sell for over 15k might also been an implication of this, people will think their dragon is worth a lot, that is why you will occasionally see 60k on an... eye bleeding magenta/splash dragon.
Exalting really doesn't bring many benefits that are glamorous enough for people to do it often enough either. I think that was intended to bring down the population for selling, but... at least in Light I don't see too many people rushing to coordinate exalts and win too often.

And I think a lot of it is because they simply don't care. Really, I don't even care about the rewards of it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be treasure rewards but something else needs to be added in. Maybe it could be after 100-1000+ Exalts you get an achievement and some special reward? A different species dragon scroll you get one time only? Or a desirable gene (or gene set)? Or...well, who knows with future features. Something that benefits the user directly would cause them to throw the cheaper dragons in the fold and lower the supply. :)
Exalting really doesn't bring many benefits that are glamorous enough for people to do it often enough either. I think that was intended to bring down the population for selling, but... at least in Light I don't see too many people rushing to coordinate exalts and win too often.

And I think a lot of it is because they simply don't care. Really, I don't even care about the rewards of it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be treasure rewards but something else needs to be added in. Maybe it could be after 100-1000+ Exalts you get an achievement and some special reward? A different species dragon scroll you get one time only? Or a desirable gene (or gene set)? Or...well, who knows with future features. Something that benefits the user directly would cause them to throw the cheaper dragons in the fold and lower the supply. :)
Play Pokemon X/Y? Wanna swap FCs? PM me with yours so I can add back!
FC: 0963-0508-5009

Fire Safari with:
Charmeleon Magmar Braixen
I am making money off the cheap dragons. And so could anyone else if they put some effort and thought into it. I buy them dirt cheap, level them up in the coliseum (all the while earning items to sell for treasure) and then exalt them later for more than I paid for them which also benefits my clans dominance.

The person who sold them made some quick cash which maybe they needed RIGHT THEN to snag something for sale in the auction house and I and my clan are happily profiting on what looks like a bad economy. If more people did what I did, it would certainly take care of the supply/demand issue.

But people want things the easy the way. They want to breed blah basic dragons and then sell them for big payouts. It's not realistic. Most of the people who are complaining about dragon prices are the ones who were here when the game came out of beta. Of course they were selling for exorbitant prices. There weren't that many to choose from.

But that was then and this was now. Now there are lots of them and that isn't going to change, in fact it's only going to get worse. That is why they have the flight dominance system in place. If you want big payouts, then breed more expensive species with desirable colors, gene them, and make that your primary source of income.
With the new releases of species, genes, etc there will be money to be made.

But the market on the basic dragons is what it is and that's not going to change. So you can work with it or find a different source of income.

I am making money off the cheap dragons. And so could anyone else if they put some effort and thought into it. I buy them dirt cheap, level them up in the coliseum (all the while earning items to sell for treasure) and then exalt them later for more than I paid for them which also benefits my clans dominance.

The person who sold them made some quick cash which maybe they needed RIGHT THEN to snag something for sale in the auction house and I and my clan are happily profiting on what looks like a bad economy. If more people did what I did, it would certainly take care of the supply/demand issue.

But people want things the easy the way. They want to breed blah basic dragons and then sell them for big payouts. It's not realistic. Most of the people who are complaining about dragon prices are the ones who were here when the game came out of beta. Of course they were selling for exorbitant prices. There weren't that many to choose from.

But that was then and this was now. Now there are lots of them and that isn't going to change, in fact it's only going to get worse. That is why they have the flight dominance system in place. If you want big payouts, then breed more expensive species with desirable colors, gene them, and make that your primary source of income.
With the new releases of species, genes, etc there will be money to be made.

But the market on the basic dragons is what it is and that's not going to change. So you can work with it or find a different source of income.

yZrviTw.png

tumblr_n2att5BKke1t7dt7oo1_500.png

10wr6dy.jpg

Seeking a Gen 1 Brown/Magenta Arcane Dragon
mourninglilyyesyes.png
Seeking a Gen 1 Soil/Beige Earth Female/Male

NatureEggFinal_zps10d10128.png
@Raftina
That is true and people will be seeing all those pretty tempting dragons ^^

@Ruinia
Oh man I loved learning about impulse buys xD that's why grocery stores have candy by the register and various other things.. They also like to play slow music so that you kind of cruise your way through the isles buying your time.

@MagpII
I cracked up at your comment glad your getting entertained xD

@MourningLily
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it won't change since Raftina even said that registration is down so right now it could be the fact that the demand is at a stand still.. When new players join that will change

@Raftina
That is true and people will be seeing all those pretty tempting dragons ^^

@Ruinia
Oh man I loved learning about impulse buys xD that's why grocery stores have candy by the register and various other things.. They also like to play slow music so that you kind of cruise your way through the isles buying your time.

@MagpII
I cracked up at your comment glad your getting entertained xD

@MourningLily
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it won't change since Raftina even said that registration is down so right now it could be the fact that the demand is at a stand still.. When new players join that will change

WINDSINGER_sig.png
[quote]But people want things the easy the way. They want to breed blah basic dragons and then sell them for big payouts. It's not realistic. Most of the people who are complaining about dragon prices are the ones who were here when the game came out of beta. Of course they were selling for exorbitant prices. There weren't that many to choose from.[/quote] [size=2]And that's really all that needs to be said on the matter.[/size]
Quote:

And that's really all that needs to be said on the matter.
001F_Custom.png
@MourningLily,

That's something I've considering doing myself and probably one thing I will do once I get more dragons to toss out. :) Right now I'm just walking myself through the Coliseum to learn what to do and not do. It's a typical money making strategy "buy low, sell high" that is win-win with the exalt.
@MourningLily,

That's something I've considering doing myself and probably one thing I will do once I get more dragons to toss out. :) Right now I'm just walking myself through the Coliseum to learn what to do and not do. It's a typical money making strategy "buy low, sell high" that is win-win with the exalt.

Fire Safari with:
@Darkwater yes but when they open up registration again there will be a whole new generation of new players who will be mass breeding and selling at low prices. It's a cycle that perpetuates itself.
@Darkwater yes but when they open up registration again there will be a whole new generation of new players who will be mass breeding and selling at low prices. It's a cycle that perpetuates itself.
yZrviTw.png

tumblr_n2att5BKke1t7dt7oo1_500.png

10wr6dy.jpg

Seeking a Gen 1 Brown/Magenta Arcane Dragon
mourninglilyyesyes.png
Seeking a Gen 1 Soil/Beige Earth Female/Male

NatureEggFinal_zps10d10128.png
Registration is a major part of getting prices to even out, but the exalting is another part to help boost the evening out. :) And like I said with getting more different species and other shiny things people will want to buy and sell.

People have only so much space for dragons right now too. I don't know if it's a treasure problem or a problem with lacking exalts or the space is too much or the breeding clutches are too big/too soon, or some combination. But I've seen people mention that they're desperate to make room for new clutches also, so they'll be happy to undercut.
Registration is a major part of getting prices to even out, but the exalting is another part to help boost the evening out. :) And like I said with getting more different species and other shiny things people will want to buy and sell.

People have only so much space for dragons right now too. I don't know if it's a treasure problem or a problem with lacking exalts or the space is too much or the breeding clutches are too big/too soon, or some combination. But I've seen people mention that they're desperate to make room for new clutches also, so they'll be happy to undercut.

Fire Safari with:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15