Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@fishspeakers

xD I never said my sole income was from breeding but ;w; a big chunk does. It's not breeding should make money, it's breeding should make more money than it's making.
@fishspeakers

xD I never said my sole income was from breeding but ;w; a big chunk does. It's not breeding should make money, it's breeding should make more money than it's making.
@Cherri

It just doesn't seem like you understand economics or supply/demand in general.

The quantity of supply has increased dramatically over the last couple of weeks and the demand has not.

Unless the FR team can find some way of increasing the demand curve, then there is no reason to see any change in prices as the numbers continue to increase.

And in a while, we will see the demand curve shift leftward actually, as players with the most spending power become more satisfied with the number of dragons they have or they top off their nests. After getting 90 or so dragons, there is no reason for anyone to buy new dragons, unless they really want a dragon with a new gene or species.
@Cherri

It just doesn't seem like you understand economics or supply/demand in general.

The quantity of supply has increased dramatically over the last couple of weeks and the demand has not.

Unless the FR team can find some way of increasing the demand curve, then there is no reason to see any change in prices as the numbers continue to increase.

And in a while, we will see the demand curve shift leftward actually, as players with the most spending power become more satisfied with the number of dragons they have or they top off their nests. After getting 90 or so dragons, there is no reason for anyone to buy new dragons, unless they really want a dragon with a new gene or species.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
Well, a lot of the current price drops right now have to do with the fact that registration is currently closed. We keep on bringing in more dragons, and there's no newbies to gawk at them and work on buying them. Thus the supply grows bigger but the demand is either stagnant or decreases. Eventually the prices will rise, and then stabilize more.

Taking from my experience from other sites I've been on, and watching their economies...

Another factor is the fact that since the economy is newer, and the fact that treasure dragons are more desirable than the Gem ones, makes the Gem undervalued from what I see. Gems will eventually grow in price as well. The genes and species bought with them will rise with them unless the demand just isn't there.

Also, when was the last dragon species released? I suspect that the introduction of the skydancer will ultimately help raise prices, even if there will probably be another drop initially. As long as species and skins and genes are released, it'll give more things to buy. That's not including any features that may be added later on.

Also, eventually popularity will decrease and people will stop logging in so much. That may take a long time, and it's also probable that it will continue to grow bigger and bigger instead. But, whether we keep growing at the rate we were before the registration was turned off, or less people log in, prices will even out. Less people logging in means less buyers, but also means less competition. Given the number of eggs in most clutches...less sellers will drive up prices too.

All in all, I think it's too early to worry about prices. :)
Well, a lot of the current price drops right now have to do with the fact that registration is currently closed. We keep on bringing in more dragons, and there's no newbies to gawk at them and work on buying them. Thus the supply grows bigger but the demand is either stagnant or decreases. Eventually the prices will rise, and then stabilize more.

Taking from my experience from other sites I've been on, and watching their economies...

Another factor is the fact that since the economy is newer, and the fact that treasure dragons are more desirable than the Gem ones, makes the Gem undervalued from what I see. Gems will eventually grow in price as well. The genes and species bought with them will rise with them unless the demand just isn't there.

Also, when was the last dragon species released? I suspect that the introduction of the skydancer will ultimately help raise prices, even if there will probably be another drop initially. As long as species and skins and genes are released, it'll give more things to buy. That's not including any features that may be added later on.

Also, eventually popularity will decrease and people will stop logging in so much. That may take a long time, and it's also probable that it will continue to grow bigger and bigger instead. But, whether we keep growing at the rate we were before the registration was turned off, or less people log in, prices will even out. Less people logging in means less buyers, but also means less competition. Given the number of eggs in most clutches...less sellers will drive up prices too.

All in all, I think it's too early to worry about prices. :)
Play Pokemon X/Y? Wanna swap FCs? PM me with yours so I can add back!
FC: 0963-0508-5009

Fire Safari with:
Charmeleon Magmar Braixen
@fishspeakers
Unfortunately the current game system is making people believe that breeding should make money. It is said a 'breeding' game afterall. o:
While the only true source of money is only coliseum grinding and faire games atm, but some people had less of this valuable resource to spare, namely time.

Not all players are capable on staying in front of the computer hours long just to grind and play faire games. I'm one of the lucky players that could spare my own personal free time to earn at least 50k-75k per day.

This is why breeding is considered the easiest way to earn money with less effort and time, just a few clicks and a good eye for color combination and genes, but not the fastest, that is why we can see many complaints from players, saying that waiting for 15 days just to see their hatchlings does not sell. I can see where they are coming from. :(

@darkwater
Sacrificing?! XD
I'm feeling streams of pitchforks and torches! And they're coming to after you! XDD
JK, maybe that could be implemented too, though I'm not sure how it will work... Maybe the dragon becomes the apprentice of that item crafter and they're staying there forever? XDD
Maybe that could work...
@fishspeakers
Unfortunately the current game system is making people believe that breeding should make money. It is said a 'breeding' game afterall. o:
While the only true source of money is only coliseum grinding and faire games atm, but some people had less of this valuable resource to spare, namely time.

Not all players are capable on staying in front of the computer hours long just to grind and play faire games. I'm one of the lucky players that could spare my own personal free time to earn at least 50k-75k per day.

This is why breeding is considered the easiest way to earn money with less effort and time, just a few clicks and a good eye for color combination and genes, but not the fastest, that is why we can see many complaints from players, saying that waiting for 15 days just to see their hatchlings does not sell. I can see where they are coming from. :(

@darkwater
Sacrificing?! XD
I'm feeling streams of pitchforks and torches! And they're coming to after you! XDD
JK, maybe that could be implemented too, though I'm not sure how it will work... Maybe the dragon becomes the apprentice of that item crafter and they're staying there forever? XDD
Maybe that could work...
@fishspeakers

xD I took economics I do understand (altho rusty it's been a few years) supply and demand, ah yes! that's why great European sailors embarked across the dangerous waters of south Africa to get to India's spices! The Muslim middlemen were making too much passing on profit, and when it got to the Europeans it was too expensive!

Also when the German mark got to a point after WWI where inflation was so high it could cost 1,000,000 marks just to get an egg! There was no one in the world at that time who would accept german marks as payment.

now where in the world am I going with this? while dragons are not as bad as the German mark, it has happened even during the great depression when stock values fell to nothing. While there is nothing to be done about the demand, there can be something done about the undercutting

I was just voicing my opinion about that.
@fishspeakers

xD I took economics I do understand (altho rusty it's been a few years) supply and demand, ah yes! that's why great European sailors embarked across the dangerous waters of south Africa to get to India's spices! The Muslim middlemen were making too much passing on profit, and when it got to the Europeans it was too expensive!

Also when the German mark got to a point after WWI where inflation was so high it could cost 1,000,000 marks just to get an egg! There was no one in the world at that time who would accept german marks as payment.

now where in the world am I going with this? while dragons are not as bad as the German mark, it has happened even during the great depression when stock values fell to nothing. While there is nothing to be done about the demand, there can be something done about the undercutting

I was just voicing my opinion about that.
@Raftina

I see new species/genes as only a temporary measure to help the economy. I really hope that there are new species, just for my interest, but it is not a permanent solution for anything. And as more species/genes are added, it will become exponentially harder for new ones to be included in the game.

@Ruinia

I never noticed that FR is a breeding game. I completely forgot what attracted me to the game.

But the issue is, there is very little to incentivize buying once you have a certain amount of dragons. Dragons never exit the game, they only come in, and there is a cap on the number of dragons a player can have. So there is absolutely no circulation at all.

I think that there needs to be a change in treasure output, but people are not thinking logically about this. When I'm selling my dragons, if I'm not the one grinding at the Colliseum to earn my money, then someone else has. Money doesn't come out of nowhere.
@Raftina

I see new species/genes as only a temporary measure to help the economy. I really hope that there are new species, just for my interest, but it is not a permanent solution for anything. And as more species/genes are added, it will become exponentially harder for new ones to be included in the game.

@Ruinia

I never noticed that FR is a breeding game. I completely forgot what attracted me to the game.

But the issue is, there is very little to incentivize buying once you have a certain amount of dragons. Dragons never exit the game, they only come in, and there is a cap on the number of dragons a player can have. So there is absolutely no circulation at all.

I think that there needs to be a change in treasure output, but people are not thinking logically about this. When I'm selling my dragons, if I'm not the one grinding at the Colliseum to earn my money, then someone else has. Money doesn't come out of nowhere.
@Raftina
Man I forgot about registration being close ^^; their going to have quite an easy time getting dragons in the beginning xD but I do understand that there is not much of a deman it is just a little disheartening to see the prices drop so much ^^;

@fishspeakers
I am sure she understands supply and demand I mean it's kind of obvious the more the supply the less the emand the less of a supply the more of a demand. The thing is though that no matter what 4 or 5 k is pretty much not worth anything when you have to wait 15 days to breed :(

Yea the dragon cap limiter could have a lot to do with that and who knows maybe that will get tweaked in time or something o.O just never fully know ^^
@Raftina
Man I forgot about registration being close ^^; their going to have quite an easy time getting dragons in the beginning xD but I do understand that there is not much of a deman it is just a little disheartening to see the prices drop so much ^^;

@fishspeakers
I am sure she understands supply and demand I mean it's kind of obvious the more the supply the less the emand the less of a supply the more of a demand. The thing is though that no matter what 4 or 5 k is pretty much not worth anything when you have to wait 15 days to breed :(

Yea the dragon cap limiter could have a lot to do with that and who knows maybe that will get tweaked in time or something o.O just never fully know ^^
WINDSINGER_sig.png
@darkwater

If you really understood supply and demand, then you would understand that your dragons are really worth 5k, nothing less and nothing more.
@darkwater

If you really understood supply and demand, then you would understand that your dragons are really worth 5k, nothing less and nothing more.
@fishspeakers
Well in the nicest way I can put this I will say this; I am 20 years old I completed my Econ/government class, and am in college. I very well do know what supply and demand means, and I also have a very business oriented mind. I have played pet sims for many years so I do understand value, so I do understand that no these dragons are worth more then a measly 5k.

I do not mean to be rude, but it does upset me a bit that you point the finger at people and say that they do not understand supply and demand when they very well do and yes I did get a bit offended there.

I will say some of your points are good just so that there are no hard feelings. I am it trying to argue either, but I do understand what I am talking about :)
@fishspeakers
Well in the nicest way I can put this I will say this; I am 20 years old I completed my Econ/government class, and am in college. I very well do know what supply and demand means, and I also have a very business oriented mind. I have played pet sims for many years so I do understand value, so I do understand that no these dragons are worth more then a measly 5k.

I do not mean to be rude, but it does upset me a bit that you point the finger at people and say that they do not understand supply and demand when they very well do and yes I did get a bit offended there.

I will say some of your points are good just so that there are no hard feelings. I am it trying to argue either, but I do understand what I am talking about :)
WINDSINGER_sig.png
[quote name="fishspeakers" date="2013-07-30 16:51:33" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=3&id=829987#832924"] I see new species/genes as only a temporary measure to help the economy. I really hope that there are new species, just for my interest, but it is not a permanent solution for anything. And as more species/genes are added, it will become exponentially harder for new ones to be included in the game. [/quote] @fishspeakers Actually, it would be more permanent, considering the demand for those new things will always be there. It divides the attention of sellers as well, to divide competition. More ways to earn money and get more treasure into the system will also cause inflation and people will be willing to spend more on their dragons. As I said with the gems raising in price, everything else will go up in price because people will generally see that they can raise prices and get more "bang for the buck." Yes, people will always undercut, that's a given. But, more demand for re-opened registration will resolve much of the current problem.

@fishspeakers

Actually, it would be more permanent, considering the demand for those new things will always be there. It divides the attention of sellers as well, to divide competition. More ways to earn money and get more treasure into the system will also cause inflation and people will be willing to spend more on their dragons. As I said with the gems raising in price, everything else will go up in price because people will generally see that they can raise prices and get more "bang for the buck." Yes, people will always undercut, that's a given. But, more demand for re-opened registration will resolve much of the current problem.
Play Pokemon X/Y? Wanna swap FCs? PM me with yours so I can add back!
FC: 0963-0508-5009

Fire Safari with:
Charmeleon Magmar Braixen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15