Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Dear FR community,
as you all know lately dragons prices have dropped dramatically. I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but selling your dragons at a cheaper price to get a quick sell hurts other people who are being patient to sell their dragons. At one point any hatchling on this site would be going at the very least 30k now the hatchlings of basic breeds are sitting at under 5k. If you do the math you dragons breed every 15days that is earning less then 1k. It is due to the people who give away dragons which decrease the demand for basic breeds. Gened dragons should be going more then 60k and double gened dragons should most certainly be going for more then 100k. If you believe the fact that you pricing your dragon at a cheap price does not effect the prices influx it does. It is called competing to sell your hatchling first which has dragged prices down, but not as much as people who were selling there dragons at 10k when dragons going for at least 30k.

Wild claws pricing as all of you know is ridiculously cheap. I myself was disappointed to tell a fellow wind flight member that their gorgeous dragon with shimmer was only worth 180k what kind of math is that? These guys use to be 400k or so when I joined and I saw straight trades of imp for wildclaw. The fact that wild claws are cheaper then spirals is probably quite frustrating for a lot of people, but no one has yet to really complain.

What you can do to help is if your a newbie helper do not simply give away dragons you can hold them or send them to a seller who does reserves so that others can make a profit and that new player gets the satisfaction of actually earning their dragon. I do not know about most of you, but when I joined this site I was not given anything and I had to scratch and climb to where I stand. It makes the things you get more valuable and precious because that person put forth the effort. Just giving away gened hatchlings will crash the worth of gened basic breed dragons and they to will be going around 20k. If you crush the demand the economy will collapse; sure it is a kind gesture, but it is a kind gesture that will hurt others. If you really want to help a new player send them a bit of food and give them a link to guides/answer there questions. Their is a huge difference between guiding and giving after all.
Dear FR community,
as you all know lately dragons prices have dropped dramatically. I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but selling your dragons at a cheaper price to get a quick sell hurts other people who are being patient to sell their dragons. At one point any hatchling on this site would be going at the very least 30k now the hatchlings of basic breeds are sitting at under 5k. If you do the math you dragons breed every 15days that is earning less then 1k. It is due to the people who give away dragons which decrease the demand for basic breeds. Gened dragons should be going more then 60k and double gened dragons should most certainly be going for more then 100k. If you believe the fact that you pricing your dragon at a cheap price does not effect the prices influx it does. It is called competing to sell your hatchling first which has dragged prices down, but not as much as people who were selling there dragons at 10k when dragons going for at least 30k.

Wild claws pricing as all of you know is ridiculously cheap. I myself was disappointed to tell a fellow wind flight member that their gorgeous dragon with shimmer was only worth 180k what kind of math is that? These guys use to be 400k or so when I joined and I saw straight trades of imp for wildclaw. The fact that wild claws are cheaper then spirals is probably quite frustrating for a lot of people, but no one has yet to really complain.

What you can do to help is if your a newbie helper do not simply give away dragons you can hold them or send them to a seller who does reserves so that others can make a profit and that new player gets the satisfaction of actually earning their dragon. I do not know about most of you, but when I joined this site I was not given anything and I had to scratch and climb to where I stand. It makes the things you get more valuable and precious because that person put forth the effort. Just giving away gened hatchlings will crash the worth of gened basic breed dragons and they to will be going around 20k. If you crush the demand the economy will collapse; sure it is a kind gesture, but it is a kind gesture that will hurt others. If you really want to help a new player send them a bit of food and give them a link to guides/answer there questions. Their is a huge difference between guiding and giving after all.
WINDSINGER_sig.png
Undercutting on pricing is certainly a factor, but I think right now the price drop is much more due to supply and demand. The game has been around for longer, and so the members have more money, and can buy more genes and rarer dragons and breed them. Therefore they're not nearly so rare as before, when the cooldown time bottlenecked the amount of dragons available overall, let alone those with genes.
Undercutting on pricing is certainly a factor, but I think right now the price drop is much more due to supply and demand. The game has been around for longer, and so the members have more money, and can buy more genes and rarer dragons and breed them. Therefore they're not nearly so rare as before, when the cooldown time bottlenecked the amount of dragons available overall, let alone those with genes.
:'D This is great and true when I first started one month ago, I had like what 5k? and my progens and through game playing and the coli I now have a spiral and RB and I know that giving genes / rare breeds to new people might seem like it's helping them start out but it hurts the economy alot.

Common breed dragons are almost to a point where if you train them a little bit and exalt them you can get the price you'd get from selling them. Good dragons like ice / black / white primary with colourful wings go for like 10k in the AH an that saddens me. Now gray scale dragons unless black / obsidian or midnight go for even less.

I've also seen threads that ask for dragons and rare breeds from people who clam they don't have the money or time. Time is not really an issue on FR because the dragons are not going anywhere, you have all the time you need! But you have to put effort into something you want before you will get rewarded for your efforts. Do do nothing and just ask for things is not the way to do it. Like Albert Einstein said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Double gened dragons should not go for 50k and even 100k is too low for nice dragons, even dragons that are oddly coloured should not be sold for under 50k I suggest that people should start selling starter breeds for at least 10k and I've seen some nice dragons in the AH that are going for tiny amounts of treasure.
:'D This is great and true when I first started one month ago, I had like what 5k? and my progens and through game playing and the coli I now have a spiral and RB and I know that giving genes / rare breeds to new people might seem like it's helping them start out but it hurts the economy alot.

Common breed dragons are almost to a point where if you train them a little bit and exalt them you can get the price you'd get from selling them. Good dragons like ice / black / white primary with colourful wings go for like 10k in the AH an that saddens me. Now gray scale dragons unless black / obsidian or midnight go for even less.

I've also seen threads that ask for dragons and rare breeds from people who clam they don't have the money or time. Time is not really an issue on FR because the dragons are not going anywhere, you have all the time you need! But you have to put effort into something you want before you will get rewarded for your efforts. Do do nothing and just ask for things is not the way to do it. Like Albert Einstein said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Double gened dragons should not go for 50k and even 100k is too low for nice dragons, even dragons that are oddly coloured should not be sold for under 50k I suggest that people should start selling starter breeds for at least 10k and I've seen some nice dragons in the AH that are going for tiny amounts of treasure.
Prices are dropping, but there's no way anything is going to change it without a mechanics change. It's simply the nature of the game, and people are bitterly opposed to any actual changes that would raise dragon prices besides having buyers pay more or exalting pay more.

I think in a year, even Imperials are not going to be that expensive.
Prices are dropping, but there's no way anything is going to change it without a mechanics change. It's simply the nature of the game, and people are bitterly opposed to any actual changes that would raise dragon prices besides having buyers pay more or exalting pay more.

I think in a year, even Imperials are not going to be that expensive.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
@Amiasha
Though I do understand where your coming from the basic breeds should not have dropped under ten thousand; heck I am still advising people who come to me on the wind thread to not sell their dragons under ten thousand and more often then not I price the decent looking ones from 10 to 15k I even still tell people with really nice basic breeds to sell those at 45k because they really are worth it.

@Cherri
I agree with you full heartedly ^^ some of the prices I see are just so ridiculous and it really does make me sick to my stomach to price some of these hatchlings so that they can be sold. As someone who is helping others to price their hatchlings though I hope to get popular enough to where you will not see 1 wind dragon for a price less then 10k
@Amiasha
Though I do understand where your coming from the basic breeds should not have dropped under ten thousand; heck I am still advising people who come to me on the wind thread to not sell their dragons under ten thousand and more often then not I price the decent looking ones from 10 to 15k I even still tell people with really nice basic breeds to sell those at 45k because they really are worth it.

@Cherri
I agree with you full heartedly ^^ some of the prices I see are just so ridiculous and it really does make me sick to my stomach to price some of these hatchlings so that they can be sold. As someone who is helping others to price their hatchlings though I hope to get popular enough to where you will not see 1 wind dragon for a price less then 10k
WINDSINGER_sig.png
@Amiasha

hmm I dunno, I think the dragon breeding time is pretty varied? I mean they all have cool downs sure, but I believe that the prices have be dropping and dropping ever since I join, even just 2 - 3 weeks ago 25k for plat / gray dragons was a great deal. Now? they won't even sell 10k and I've even seen them around for like 6 and it's saddening

@fishspeakers

Hmm I'm not sure if mechanics change would help (like longer breeding cool down?) because they are already pretty long; (a month for wild claws is pretty hefty). And I think more people will be for change when they realize it will eventually effect them.

and yes that's the sad fact, eventually imperials will be not as rare as they are.

and it might be the nature of a breeding game, but if you think about it, good colours are still hard to get, and people only want good colours. Since everyone (generally) has a pretty diverse colour preference there will always be a demand. As the site growns (providing that people won't just give rare dragons to new comers) the new comers will want these rarer dragons and save up to them producing more demand. I think that's how the site economy is run.

@Amiasha

hmm I dunno, I think the dragon breeding time is pretty varied? I mean they all have cool downs sure, but I believe that the prices have be dropping and dropping ever since I join, even just 2 - 3 weeks ago 25k for plat / gray dragons was a great deal. Now? they won't even sell 10k and I've even seen them around for like 6 and it's saddening

@fishspeakers

Hmm I'm not sure if mechanics change would help (like longer breeding cool down?) because they are already pretty long; (a month for wild claws is pretty hefty). And I think more people will be for change when they realize it will eventually effect them.

and yes that's the sad fact, eventually imperials will be not as rare as they are.

and it might be the nature of a breeding game, but if you think about it, good colours are still hard to get, and people only want good colours. Since everyone (generally) has a pretty diverse colour preference there will always be a demand. As the site growns (providing that people won't just give rare dragons to new comers) the new comers will want these rarer dragons and save up to them producing more demand. I think that's how the site economy is run.

Looks like the price drop is coming sooner than I anticipated... I hope there will come a drastic change in the gameplay that majority can accept.

Something to increase the value of dragons, not price.
Looks like the price drop is coming sooner than I anticipated... I hope there will come a drastic change in the gameplay that majority can accept.

Something to increase the value of dragons, not price.
I agree with @Amiasha that an influx in the supply of starters has been mostly to blame. I also must be alone in thinking that raising the daily treasure cap has contributed a lot, as well.

When I realized that I could buy a spiral scroll with 2-3 days of grinding to the treasure cap, I jumped on it. I stopped buying gened starters to breed and sell and went straight for the scrolled breeds. This has been a large part of the problem. Because the potential to make treasure from the coliseum/fairgrounds is more reliable and sometimes quicker than selling bred dragons, their prices have plummeted.

I am one of the minority on this site who believes that the vast bulk of our earnings should come from dragon sales. At the end of the day, this is a pet breeding site. I think that's just common sense.

I don't feel like we've reached critical mass, however. I can usually still sell basic hatchlings for around 12k and gened babies around 50k so it's not a big deal to me. Exalting definitely eases the burden of sales, as well. That being said, I absolutely agree with your statement that we should not be giving away gened starters. I have never done that on a pet site, nor have I ever taken free pets as a newbie because I treat games like this as small business simulators, and it's more fun to claw my way up. I consider it "winning" the game. (Which is kind of dumb, but whatevs. XD)

The WC prices are disappointing, but they're the only ones. And since getting a hold of the scrolls is actually easier--they're fairly cheap for USD-- than grinding in fairgrounds for 3 days, I think this was bound to happen anyway.
I agree with @Amiasha that an influx in the supply of starters has been mostly to blame. I also must be alone in thinking that raising the daily treasure cap has contributed a lot, as well.

When I realized that I could buy a spiral scroll with 2-3 days of grinding to the treasure cap, I jumped on it. I stopped buying gened starters to breed and sell and went straight for the scrolled breeds. This has been a large part of the problem. Because the potential to make treasure from the coliseum/fairgrounds is more reliable and sometimes quicker than selling bred dragons, their prices have plummeted.

I am one of the minority on this site who believes that the vast bulk of our earnings should come from dragon sales. At the end of the day, this is a pet breeding site. I think that's just common sense.

I don't feel like we've reached critical mass, however. I can usually still sell basic hatchlings for around 12k and gened babies around 50k so it's not a big deal to me. Exalting definitely eases the burden of sales, as well. That being said, I absolutely agree with your statement that we should not be giving away gened starters. I have never done that on a pet site, nor have I ever taken free pets as a newbie because I treat games like this as small business simulators, and it's more fun to claw my way up. I consider it "winning" the game. (Which is kind of dumb, but whatevs. XD)

The WC prices are disappointing, but they're the only ones. And since getting a hold of the scrolls is actually easier--they're fairly cheap for USD-- than grinding in fairgrounds for 3 days, I think this was bound to happen anyway.
daniellesshopthingdone.png
@Ruinia

I agree with you there, but how are you going to increase a dragon's value without increasing the price?

@Clarinae

I'm sure that's true (and the bit you said about winning xD I agree with you there :'D) and yes coli and fair grounds has helped me get quick cash, but a majority still comes from my hatchlings sales, and hmm I don't know maybe the luck cap has something to do with it but personally I've never hit it xD even in the 25k stage, so I feel like you'd have to play a TON to get to 75k and I do like the exalting changes, I think the recent changes def helped with the market, but I do not think it has done enough.
@Ruinia

I agree with you there, but how are you going to increase a dragon's value without increasing the price?

@Clarinae

I'm sure that's true (and the bit you said about winning xD I agree with you there :'D) and yes coli and fair grounds has helped me get quick cash, but a majority still comes from my hatchlings sales, and hmm I don't know maybe the luck cap has something to do with it but personally I've never hit it xD even in the 25k stage, so I feel like you'd have to play a TON to get to 75k and I do like the exalting changes, I think the recent changes def helped with the market, but I do not think it has done enough.
I would also like to point out that this is a microcosm of a macro-economy, wherein their are infinite resources with a currently finite demand (seeing as we're kind of back in open beta).

There aren't really any places in the real world that say "hey, we'll give you not just the tools to start your business. but the ones with all the bells and whistles!" If you're not taking your time to save up and buy the more expensive things, you're whisking them off the market before they can even start to reach their full value. It's something for nothing, and that just doesn't work in economics.

I saw someone say on a tumblr that they wanted to start giving away imperials to balance out the people who "own the economy" and the new players. That's ludicrously stupid. Their prices will decay, naturally, over time and then everyone can own them. Sure, something new and more expensive will come along by then, but that's the nature of the beast. There are always going to be those who know how to work the game better/have better luck/are willing to put in more time.

((There, I'm done. This is how I've been feeling for 2 weeks. Sorry to vent it all here. ^^))
I would also like to point out that this is a microcosm of a macro-economy, wherein their are infinite resources with a currently finite demand (seeing as we're kind of back in open beta).

There aren't really any places in the real world that say "hey, we'll give you not just the tools to start your business. but the ones with all the bells and whistles!" If you're not taking your time to save up and buy the more expensive things, you're whisking them off the market before they can even start to reach their full value. It's something for nothing, and that just doesn't work in economics.

I saw someone say on a tumblr that they wanted to start giving away imperials to balance out the people who "own the economy" and the new players. That's ludicrously stupid. Their prices will decay, naturally, over time and then everyone can own them. Sure, something new and more expensive will come along by then, but that's the nature of the beast. There are always going to be those who know how to work the game better/have better luck/are willing to put in more time.

((There, I'm done. This is how I've been feeling for 2 weeks. Sorry to vent it all here. ^^))
daniellesshopthingdone.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15