Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Skydancer <3
1 2 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
@Dragondrop

Scorpius is the user that made skydancers, but they aren't in charge of making the lore.
@Dragondrop

Scorpius is the user that made skydancers, but they aren't in charge of making the lore.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
@Drakel Yes, I know, but if they imagined Skydancers to begin with, then they'd have an idea of what kind of personalities/etc they have, right? Since we don't have any 'official' lore for them and there's no word if/when we ever will.
@Drakel Yes, I know, but if they imagined Skydancers to begin with, then they'd have an idea of what kind of personalities/etc they have, right? Since we don't have any 'official' lore for them and there's no word if/when we ever will.
CQy7TyL.png
*pokes a probably sleeping @Scorpius *

they're talkin bout uuuuuuu
*pokes a probably sleeping @Scorpius *

they're talkin bout uuuuuuu
c54e359c-32d6-11e7-9e0e-bd52535d0e35.gif
People have pinged them and asked a question about skydancers before and they usually answered. I don't remember where any of the threads are where they did a lot of explaining or anything, but I know they're pretty open to trying to answer questions.
People have pinged them and asked a question about skydancers before and they usually answered. I don't remember where any of the threads are where they did a lot of explaining or anything, but I know they're pretty open to trying to answer questions.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
I thought this thread was dead @ActualWildclaw Still awake. I sleep pretty late @Drakel No problem. I keep record of these now incase someone has questions like this again. Though some thread I couldn't find anymore, but at least I got most of it. @Dragondrop Here's some SD info that I accumulated together. Some info are already given to the admins while some were very recent so I don't know if I still have time to send them in or not. If the SD lore comes out and have some missing info or other info that I don't have here, then you know why. Consider it like a unofficial official lore for them. [quote]Personality: Gentle nature and sometimes playful. Likes to play and dance in the wind. Loves anything that’s colorful and/or shiny, but has the tendency to take them and collect them. Diet: Plants & Insects[/quote] Link: http://scorpius02.deviantart.com/art/Skydancer-sketch-364605281 [quote]Where do they like to nest? - This really depends on where they live really. What are their lairs like? - They like pretty, sparkly, shiny, and colorful stuff, so they would technically decorate their nest with their lovely goods. Trying to outdo each other of who has the best looking nest is a common competition among them. Highly decorated and artistic bunch. Are they good singers? - Not stereotypically, but I won't be surprise if they try to sing while dancing. Them being good at it? Well, that depends on their individual singing skills, but I do have a few SDs in my own lair that are star singers of our clan. I would say a good number of them have good voices. (But we have this one spiral who has a terrible voice and we jump him if he tries to sing. For the safety of our ears!) Do they actually love to dance? In the sky, very much yes. On the ground? Nothing is stoping them.[/quote] Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1267037&page=1 [quote]Yeah, SDs like pretty things. Anything that's colorful, shiny, glittery, and beautiful in their eyes, they love to collect. They see, they like, they take, they collect. RB sounds more like the type to sneakily take stuff and when anyone calls them out on it, they call it 'borrowing'. SDs are more like, "Nobody claims it? Mine! Finder's keepers ya'll!"... Well, the only thing that makes a Mariposa dragon similar to the Skydancers would be what they were based off of: Butterfly and Bird. Mariposa has the appearance of a bird, but with butterfly features as well. Skydancer is more the evolve form of them and made to appear more like a dragon while Mariposa looks just like a bird but big enough to ride. To be more elaborate on the Skydancer, I added more description to help Undel draw it out better since she misinterpreted some stuff with her first rough. Besides having a gem on their forehead, antennas, feathered wings, they have the size of horses (because I wanted to imagine myself riding it), body slim and sleek like a leopard, and neck long and elegant like a swan.[/quote] Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1266377 [quote]For the antennas, I didn't think much about it since I originally wanted to combine a butterfly and a bird together. I guess I can think of it as a magic sensor and absorber during battles and the gem on its forehead is where it keeps its magic stored. I see skydancers to be good with agility and magic. For social use, I guess it can be used to sense other dragons' feelings. Not like it can read your mind exactly, but feel like how most animals can (just on a more sensitive level).[/quote] [quote]So when the antennas detect something, they start to vibrate or twitch in some way. Kinda like how most insects do.[/quote] [quote]Their personality are gentle natured and playful. They like to play and dance in the wind. Quite the aerobatics if I say so myself. They love anything that’s colorful, glittery, and/or shiny, but has the tendency to take them and collect them. I swear I didn't try to copy the Ridgeback when I came up with this. I already had these information way before the game even started. Diets are plants & insects Their size are slightly bigger than a horse. Their bodies are slender and agile to fly even in the craziest of winds. They can fly from graceful to dynamic moves. They're called Skydancers for a reason.[/quote] [quote]Hmm… when it comes to mate, they don't always have a specific taste for their breeds. Kind of like other dragons. If they love that dragon, they love them. Most of the time, they usually love until death do them apart, but there can be cases where something happens that causes them to break off of love. It really depends on the situation and relationship. Skydancers are stereotypically friendly and social so they like having friends so they tend to get a long with other dragons pretty well… but there can always be exceptions.[/quote] Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1357116&page=3&anchor=9307575#9307575 [quote]So let me get this straight, you're asking about 1) if they have teeth and 2) if their body consist of fur or feather, correct? So for your first questions: Yes, they do have teeth. Like most plant eaters, they have grinding teeth to chew their plants inside their mouth. Also, they also have these tiny sharp teeth like a lizard at the front to catch bugs. Second question: Their body is covered in short fur like those of horses and deers. The long fur parts are more noticeable like on the back of the neck, down the body, and down the tail. There's also longer fur on the chest, but not as long as the ones on the back and the tail. There's also noticeable long fur on sticking out of the leg. The only feather areas are on the head, the one sticking out of the back of the head, and on their wings. The last two are very noticeable. The face and upper part of the neck, close to the head, would have tiny feathers. Then it gets thinner down the neck and turns to fur.[/quote] Link: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1357116/3#post_10132859
I thought this thread was dead

@ActualWildclaw
Still awake. I sleep pretty late

@Drakel
No problem. I keep record of these now incase someone has questions like this again. Though some thread I couldn't find anymore, but at least I got most of it.

@Dragondrop
Here's some SD info that I accumulated together. Some info are already given to the admins while some were very recent so I don't know if I still have time to send them in or not. If the SD lore comes out and have some missing info or other info that I don't have here, then you know why. Consider it like a unofficial official lore for them.
Quote:
Personality: Gentle nature and sometimes playful. Likes to play and dance in the wind. Loves anything that’s colorful and/or shiny, but has the tendency to take them and collect them.

Diet: Plants & Insects
Link: http://scorpius02.deviantart.com/art/Skydancer-sketch-364605281
Quote:
Where do they like to nest?
- This really depends on where they live really.

What are their lairs like?
- They like pretty, sparkly, shiny, and colorful stuff, so they would technically decorate their nest with their lovely goods. Trying to outdo each other of who has the best looking nest is a common competition among them. Highly decorated and artistic bunch.

Are they good singers?
- Not stereotypically, but I won't be surprise if they try to sing while dancing. Them being good at it? Well, that depends on their individual singing skills, but I do have a few SDs in my own lair that are star singers of our clan. I would say a good number of them have good voices. (But we have this one spiral who has a terrible voice and we jump him if he tries to sing. For the safety of our ears!)

Do they actually love to dance?
In the sky, very much yes. On the ground? Nothing is stoping them.
Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1267037&page=1
Quote:
Yeah, SDs like pretty things. Anything that's colorful, shiny, glittery, and beautiful in their eyes, they love to collect. They see, they like, they take, they collect.

RB sounds more like the type to sneakily take stuff and when anyone calls them out on it, they call it 'borrowing'. SDs are more like, "Nobody claims it? Mine! Finder's keepers ya'll!"...

Well, the only thing that makes a Mariposa dragon similar to the Skydancers would be what they were based off of: Butterfly and Bird. Mariposa has the appearance of a bird, but with butterfly features as well. Skydancer is more the evolve form of them and made to appear more like a dragon while Mariposa looks just like a bird but big enough to ride.

To be more elaborate on the Skydancer, I added more description to help Undel draw it out better since she misinterpreted some stuff with her first rough. Besides having a gem on their forehead, antennas, feathered wings, they have the size of horses (because I wanted to imagine myself riding it), body slim and sleek like a leopard, and neck long and elegant like a swan.
Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1266377
Quote:
For the antennas, I didn't think much about it since I originally wanted to combine a butterfly and a bird together. I guess I can think of it as a magic sensor and absorber during battles and the gem on its forehead is where it keeps its magic stored. I see skydancers to be good with agility and magic.

For social use, I guess it can be used to sense other dragons' feelings. Not like it can read your mind exactly, but feel like how most animals can (just on a more sensitive level).
Quote:
So when the antennas detect something, they start to vibrate or twitch in some way. Kinda like how most insects do.
Quote:
Their personality are gentle natured and playful. They like to play and dance in the wind. Quite the aerobatics if I say so myself. They love anything that’s colorful, glittery, and/or shiny, but has the tendency to take them and collect them. I swear I didn't try to copy the Ridgeback when I came up with this. I already had these information way before the game even started.

Diets are plants & insects

Their size are slightly bigger than a horse. Their bodies are slender and agile to fly even in the craziest of winds. They can fly from graceful to dynamic moves. They're called Skydancers for a reason.
Quote:
Hmm… when it comes to mate, they don't always have a specific taste for their breeds. Kind of like other dragons. If they love that dragon, they love them. Most of the time, they usually love until death do them apart, but there can be cases where something happens that causes them to break off of love. It really depends on the situation and relationship. Skydancers are stereotypically friendly and social so they like having friends so they tend to get a long with other dragons pretty well… but there can always be exceptions.
Link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1357116&page=3&anchor=9307575#9307575
Quote:
So let me get this straight, you're asking about 1) if they have teeth and 2) if their body consist of fur or feather, correct?

So for your first questions:
Yes, they do have teeth. Like most plant eaters, they have grinding teeth to chew their plants inside their mouth. Also, they also have these tiny sharp teeth like a lizard at the front to catch bugs.

Second question:
Their body is covered in short fur like those of horses and deers. The long fur parts are more noticeable like on the back of the neck, down the body, and down the tail. There's also longer fur on the chest, but not as long as the ones on the back and the tail. There's also noticeable long fur on sticking out of the leg. The only feather areas are on the head, the one sticking out of the back of the head, and on their wings. The last two are very noticeable. The face and upper part of the neck, close to the head, would have tiny feathers. Then it gets thinner down the neck and turns to fur.
Link: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1357116/3#post_10132859
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
@Scorpius

All hail the giant scorpion. True deity.
@Scorpius

All hail the giant scorpion. True deity.
@ActualWildclaw
*Puff up proudly scorpion-style* (if that's even possible)
@ActualWildclaw
*Puff up proudly scorpion-style* (if that's even possible)
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
@Scorpius

It's possible when you're Scorpius, true deity.
@Scorpius

It's possible when you're Scorpius, true deity.
@Scorpius Thanks so much for the info! \o/
@Scorpius Thanks so much for the info! \o/
CQy7TyL.png
@Scorpius

Thank you very much. You told me all that I wished to know, and I have saved it. I really admire and am inspired by the theme in your ideas as well your designed race.

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but I had no clue where to look and when I googled it, this thread came up first. I feel as if many people were wondering, anyways. :3
@Scorpius

Thank you very much. You told me all that I wished to know, and I have saved it. I really admire and am inspired by the theme in your ideas as well your designed race.

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but I had no clue where to look and when I googled it, this thread came up first. I feel as if many people were wondering, anyways. :3
aqLwpCP.png
1 2 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287