Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 550 551 552 553 554 ... 592 593
I just ran into the same issue as KamikazePilot above. Was about to transmute materials and as soon as I clicked to select my material, I got redirected to an obviously fake "update Flash" site. Super concerning because in the past the only issue with ads that I've ever seen is them very occasionally encroaching past the banner areas; I've never had to worry about my site clicks redirecting me before :/
I just ran into the same issue as KamikazePilot above. Was about to transmute materials and as soon as I clicked to select my material, I got redirected to an obviously fake "update Flash" site. Super concerning because in the past the only issue with ads that I've ever seen is them very occasionally encroaching past the banner areas; I've never had to worry about my site clicks redirecting me before :/
I was redirected here by a lovely clanmaster. I’ve been having virus ads pop up in a new tab on Windows 10, google chrome. “Congratulations, you’re Flight Rising’s 100,000,000th visitor! Claim your prize below” has been the common theme. Anyone else?

-K.C.
I was redirected here by a lovely clanmaster. I’ve been having virus ads pop up in a new tab on Windows 10, google chrome. “Congratulations, you’re Flight Rising’s 100,000,000th visitor! Claim your prize below” has been the common theme. Anyone else?

-K.C.
adform keeps constantly displaying obnoxious and extremely script heavy gambling ads for me. literally over half of the ads displayed for me on flight rising is adform's gambling ads. no other site i use has this problem. i have tried my everything to block only adform's ads while leaving everything else unblocked, but i legit cannot figure out how. im getting really sick and tired of this. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442830819590144001/610788720441819136/unknown.png[/img] each of their ad contains literally pages of code [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442830819590144001/610789578223386650/unknown.png[/img] this site constantly flooding me with adfrom's scammy trash ads is the only reason why i regularly have to switch the adblock on here. i have already reported this before but nothing has been done about it. EDIT: i started using new browser and started from completely clean slate, so there should have been no weird marks in my cookies or anything that might have caused the ads to appear, but nope, they still keep showing. not as commonly as they used to, but they still keep showing, and they still keep forcing me to block ads on flight rising.
adform keeps constantly displaying obnoxious and extremely script heavy gambling ads for me. literally over half of the ads displayed for me on flight rising is adform's gambling ads. no other site i use has this problem. i have tried my everything to block only adform's ads while leaving everything else unblocked, but i legit cannot figure out how. im getting really sick and tired of this.

unknown.png

each of their ad contains literally pages of code
unknown.png

this site constantly flooding me with adfrom's scammy trash ads is the only reason why i regularly have to switch the adblock on here. i have already reported this before but nothing has been done about it.

EDIT:
i started using new browser and started from completely clean slate, so there should have been no weird marks in my cookies or anything that might have caused the ads to appear, but nope, they still keep showing. not as commonly as they used to, but they still keep showing, and they still keep forcing me to block ads on flight rising.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
I had several websites appearing to be connected to Amazon place a game download on my computer after I had clicked on the Alerts icon. I doubt it really was from Amazon so I deleted it and returned to using my AdBlock on this site.
I had several websites appearing to be connected to Amazon place a game download on my computer after I had clicked on the Alerts icon. I doubt it really was from Amazon so I deleted it and returned to using my AdBlock on this site.
1rMtjlm.png
I'm not sure if this is report-worthy but FR always has had high standards for ads and 13 year olds are on here. So I'm going to report just in case.

One of the ads has cursing in it something like "joey bada**" and it has a drawing of the Statue of Liberty haven fallen over and sunken... pretty much under water. You could just see like her face. Then two guys on a beach with pretty wide and long sticks not sure if insinuating violence/ riots or whatnot. But with the context it's possible. It's an ad for a tour connected to Live Nation. I just don't want to see stuff like that on here.

The ad reset on me and I lost it so my memory might not be 100% but I tried
I'm not sure if this is report-worthy but FR always has had high standards for ads and 13 year olds are on here. So I'm going to report just in case.

One of the ads has cursing in it something like "joey bada**" and it has a drawing of the Statue of Liberty haven fallen over and sunken... pretty much under water. You could just see like her face. Then two guys on a beach with pretty wide and long sticks not sure if insinuating violence/ riots or whatnot. But with the context it's possible. It's an ad for a tour connected to Live Nation. I just don't want to see stuff like that on here.

The ad reset on me and I lost it so my memory might not be 100% but I tried
Copy & pasting from a thread I posted in the bugs forum:

Earlier today I opened FR and immediately got a series of pop-ups. Some were in the Windows 10 notifications, telling me that my Norton had expired (I don't have Norton) and that there were issues on my computer - these came from a website called gamestoday dot info. The other pop-ups were Chrome tabs focused on a known scam "antivirus" called Total AV. I ran Malwarebytes, it found nothing, and nothing weird is in Task Manager. I think there was a malicious ad on the front page, and it got through just before my adblock stopped it. It also came back after I restarted and reloaded the front page of FR.
Copy & pasting from a thread I posted in the bugs forum:

Earlier today I opened FR and immediately got a series of pop-ups. Some were in the Windows 10 notifications, telling me that my Norton had expired (I don't have Norton) and that there were issues on my computer - these came from a website called gamestoday dot info. The other pop-ups were Chrome tabs focused on a known scam "antivirus" called Total AV. I ran Malwarebytes, it found nothing, and nothing weird is in Task Manager. I think there was a malicious ad on the front page, and it got through just before my adblock stopped it. It also came back after I restarted and reloaded the front page of FR.
they/them, fr +8 (uk)
LLrUqlo.pngMUSskfQ.png
I'm getting the same "update Flash" redirect that's already been mentioned. Both times it happened, I was trying to click the Alerts icon to get to Baldwin. I find it very strange considering I've never had problems with ads on FR before… [emoji=fae confused size=1]
I'm getting the same "update Flash" redirect that's already been mentioned. Both times it happened, I was trying to click the Alerts icon to get to Baldwin. I find it very strange considering I've never had problems with ads on FR before…
I got the following about 10 minutes ago: [img]https://i.imgur.com/WU2Zzp6.png[/img] I may be old enough for the ad, but no teenager should see it. EDIT (08/24/2019): It showed up again. It says it's from Steelhound Media.
I got the following about 10 minutes ago:

WU2Zzp6.png

I may be old enough for the ad, but no teenager should see it.

EDIT (08/24/2019): It showed up again. It says it's from Steelhound Media.

There's this ad that keeps coming up on the sidebar that keeps trying to play a video/sound, but the most annoying part is that it's driving my refresh button HAYWIRE on my browser, because it keeps trying to reload itself. I think it's been slowing down my experience on FR, and actually my computer while the site is open, quite a bit. I'm going to have to block ads for a few days until it leaves, it's that bad. The link that pops at the bottom of the browser that displays what's trying to load blinks away far too quickly for me to see, but I believe it ends in .tv (screenshot of start of the add linked below. A video bar often pops up under the image when it begins to play) [img]https://oi286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/Gathouria/Video%20ad.png[/img]
There's this ad that keeps coming up on the sidebar that keeps trying to play a video/sound, but the most annoying part is that it's driving my refresh button HAYWIRE on my browser, because it keeps trying to reload itself.

I think it's been slowing down my experience on FR, and actually my computer while the site is open, quite a bit. I'm going to have to block ads for a few days until it leaves, it's that bad.

The link that pops at the bottom of the browser that displays what's trying to load blinks away far too quickly for me to see, but I believe it ends in .tv (screenshot of start of the add linked below. A video bar often pops up under the image when it begins to play)

Video%20ad.png
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
[quote name="timemaverick" date="2019-08-11 04:02:07" ] I just ran into the same issue as KamikazePilot above. Was about to transmute materials and as soon as I clicked to select my material, I got redirected to an obviously fake "update Flash" site. Super concerning because in the past the only issue with ads that I've ever seen is them very occasionally encroaching past the banner areas; I've never had to worry about my site clicks redirecting me before :/ [/quote] It redirects to topfinishgreatappclicks, so it's definitely a scam site! Hope it's fixed soon, since it only pops up usually when I check my alerts.
timemaverick wrote on 2019-08-11 04:02:07:

It redirects to topfinishgreatappclicks, so it's definitely a scam site! Hope it's fixed soon, since it only pops up usually when I check my alerts.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
1 2 ... 550 551 552 553 554 ... 592 593