Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 421 422 423 424 425 ... 592 593
@Undel
hey!
just have to ask-- are dating sites allowed?
i saw something along the lines of 'HOT ASIAN SINGLES' on the ad, and while i forgot to get a screenshot, i got a link.

(i asked someone abut this and they said it might've been a browser virus-- but i just want to make sure.)
@Undel
hey!
just have to ask-- are dating sites allowed?
i saw something along the lines of 'HOT ASIAN SINGLES' on the ad, and while i forgot to get a screenshot, i got a link.

(i asked someone abut this and they said it might've been a browser virus-- but i just want to make sure.)
(f)art shoppe
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This may not be a very useful report, but... lately (past 3-ish days) I've had several occasions where the browser tab crashed in Chrome, and I think it's ads that are doing it. The reason I think so is that I see everything but the ad loaded on the page, and start trying to interact with it, and then suddenly I'm seeing the Chrome "oh snap, something went wrong while loading this page" message instead.

I'm using Chrome 65.0.3325.181 on Windows 7 desktop with wired internet. Most ads load fine, just a little behind the rest of the page (perhaps they're the only part that isn't cached).
This may not be a very useful report, but... lately (past 3-ish days) I've had several occasions where the browser tab crashed in Chrome, and I think it's ads that are doing it. The reason I think so is that I see everything but the ad loaded on the page, and start trying to interact with it, and then suddenly I'm seeing the Chrome "oh snap, something went wrong while loading this page" message instead.

I'm using Chrome 65.0.3325.181 on Windows 7 desktop with wired internet. Most ads load fine, just a little behind the rest of the page (perhaps they're the only part that isn't cached).
CnXcaeB.png * bAQACKn.png
Following my report from earlier, I now know the add that randomly starts playing music. It's a trailer for World of Tanks, that showed up in the footer-ad of the site, when I was visiting my lair. I have no problem with a trailer being shown, IF it's quiet... I don't know, if it will help, but here's a screenshot of the ad [img]https://image.ibb.co/jZB6CS/Ad.png[/img]
Following my report from earlier, I now know the add that randomly starts playing music. It's a trailer for World of Tanks, that showed up in the footer-ad of the site, when I was visiting my lair. I have no problem with a trailer being shown, IF it's quiet...

I don't know, if it will help, but here's a screenshot of the ad

Ad.png
egg.gif
Occasionally I'll get one - either on the sidebar, the footer, or both - that says the following: "Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Referer /n" Not sure what this means but maybe y'all can figure that one out Here's a couple of screenshots I got when it was on both the sidebar and the footer: [img]https://i.imgur.com/q1hNCKQ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vobgaHA.png[/img]
Occasionally I'll get one - either on the sidebar, the footer, or both - that says the following:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Referer

/n"

Not sure what this means but maybe y'all can figure that one out

Here's a couple of screenshots I got when it was on both the sidebar and the footer:

q1hNCKQ.png
vobgaHA.png
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
I got a UPS video ad several times (a while back now), and it force-scrolled me to the bottom of the page, making me watch the video. It would do this several times a minute, making it impossible to do anything. It would only ever appear on the footer.

It's the reason I blocked ads, and I would've reported it to this thread sooner if I'd noticed it was here. ( s i l l y m e)
I got a UPS video ad several times (a while back now), and it force-scrolled me to the bottom of the page, making me watch the video. It would do this several times a minute, making it impossible to do anything. It would only ever appear on the footer.

It's the reason I blocked ads, and I would've reported it to this thread sooner if I'd noticed it was here. ( s i l l y m e)
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg

Hello all,

I had originally posted this topic in the Bug Reports forum, but a fellow player helpfully informed me about this thread, which seems like a much more appropriate place for it.

I'm writing in regards to an issue that does not appear to arise from the website itself--so it's not a true bug, per se--but it does have to do with something that disrupts my use of the site and might relate to FR's advertising sponsors.

I play FR on my laptop from time to time, but usually I'm on mobile.

This past month, I've been experiencing an issue with a strange pop-up ad that keeps interrupting my activities on this site. It's been happening almost every day this week, including tonight.

I'll be going about my usual FR routine, when all of a sudden, without warning, my screen suddenly switches over to a full-size ad with a black background and white/blue text. The ad appears to say something like "Ids.com," if I recall correctly, and it lists a set of links relating to making money online. I'm not sure how to put a screenshot from my phone onto an FR forum post, but if I find out how, I'll try to include a picture of the ad I'm talking about.

Whenever that ad pops up, I immediately use my back arrow to return to FR, but once it happens it's usually not long before it happens again a few seconds later, and again, until I have to close out of my browser and start it all up again. If I was in the middle of something important like locating a good dragon to buy in the AH, playing a Fairgrounds game, or writing a post in a forum thread, this ad "attack" forces me to lose my progress, which is frustrating.

The ad doesn't "attack" repeatedly within the same day. It happens no more than twice a day, I'd say...usually just once. And there are days I play FR and don't see it happen at all.

The ad does not appear to have any visible triggers that I'm aware of. It doesn't come from me clicking on FR's official ad banners, and there's no particular activity on the site that seems to cause it to appear more frequently. It can happen at any time.

I use my phone to visit other sites, too--mostly Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, and Pharmacy Times. I have not had this issue occur anywhere else other than FR.

I have not seen the ad "attack" while playing FR on my laptop, but this could just be because I don't play the game on there very often.

This situation is quite frustrating, and it detracts from my enjoyment of FR, so I would really like to know what I can do to prevent this ad from, essentially, ambushing me.

In any case, I deeply apologize if this problem is somehow entirely due to my phone, and not FR, but I wanted to inform the moderators and my fellow players about it in case it is something other people are experiencing.

Thank you for your advice and assistance.

Hello all,

I had originally posted this topic in the Bug Reports forum, but a fellow player helpfully informed me about this thread, which seems like a much more appropriate place for it.

I'm writing in regards to an issue that does not appear to arise from the website itself--so it's not a true bug, per se--but it does have to do with something that disrupts my use of the site and might relate to FR's advertising sponsors.

I play FR on my laptop from time to time, but usually I'm on mobile.

This past month, I've been experiencing an issue with a strange pop-up ad that keeps interrupting my activities on this site. It's been happening almost every day this week, including tonight.

I'll be going about my usual FR routine, when all of a sudden, without warning, my screen suddenly switches over to a full-size ad with a black background and white/blue text. The ad appears to say something like "Ids.com," if I recall correctly, and it lists a set of links relating to making money online. I'm not sure how to put a screenshot from my phone onto an FR forum post, but if I find out how, I'll try to include a picture of the ad I'm talking about.

Whenever that ad pops up, I immediately use my back arrow to return to FR, but once it happens it's usually not long before it happens again a few seconds later, and again, until I have to close out of my browser and start it all up again. If I was in the middle of something important like locating a good dragon to buy in the AH, playing a Fairgrounds game, or writing a post in a forum thread, this ad "attack" forces me to lose my progress, which is frustrating.

The ad doesn't "attack" repeatedly within the same day. It happens no more than twice a day, I'd say...usually just once. And there are days I play FR and don't see it happen at all.

The ad does not appear to have any visible triggers that I'm aware of. It doesn't come from me clicking on FR's official ad banners, and there's no particular activity on the site that seems to cause it to appear more frequently. It can happen at any time.

I use my phone to visit other sites, too--mostly Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, and Pharmacy Times. I have not had this issue occur anywhere else other than FR.

I have not seen the ad "attack" while playing FR on my laptop, but this could just be because I don't play the game on there very often.

This situation is quite frustrating, and it detracts from my enjoyment of FR, so I would really like to know what I can do to prevent this ad from, essentially, ambushing me.

In any case, I deeply apologize if this problem is somehow entirely due to my phone, and not FR, but I wanted to inform the moderators and my fellow players about it in case it is something other people are experiencing.

Thank you for your advice and assistance.

CLAN MYSTICALHEXANES...WHERE RAINBOW DRAGONS REIGN
This ad includes an annoying pop-up. [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/5566/i/2018/129/6/0/screenshot_20180509_105641_by_ltdarkdoom-dcb1qo1.jpg[/img]
This ad includes an annoying pop-up.
screenshot_20180509_105641_by_ltdarkdoom-dcb1qo1.jpg
[quote name="mauvehouseplant" date="2018-03-29 16:14:05" ] Hey- just got this ad while looking for dergs in the AH. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8WPv9EK.png[/img] It went across my screen right to the middle, a bit annoying lol. I think this counts as a pop-up so I'm gonna leave it here [/quote] Got this one a few days ago as well, forgot to post about it. It was the exact same, and I'm pretty sure I got it while in the AH too.
mauvehouseplant wrote on 2018-03-29 16:14:05:
Hey- just got this ad while looking for dergs in the AH.
8WPv9EK.png
It went across my screen right to the middle, a bit annoying lol. I think this counts as a pop-up so I'm gonna leave it here
Got this one a few days ago as well, forgot to post about it. It was the exact same, and I'm pretty sure I got it while in the AH too.
This isn't an ad that invades the sure space but uhh, I'm getting a TON of ads for that birth control **** study and frankly not only is that inappropriate for a 13+ website but it's also highly uncomfortable to see multiple times in a row when I'm refreshing to get away from said ads.
This isn't an ad that invades the sure space but uhh, I'm getting a TON of ads for that birth control **** study and frankly not only is that inappropriate for a 13+ website but it's also highly uncomfortable to see multiple times in a row when I'm refreshing to get away from said ads.
s0CjrtN.gif
◊ [ Deus ] ◊
[ Art | Accents ]
[ He/Him | FR +2 ]..
[ G1 Search ]
[ comms OPEN ]
yUJyALg.png649jXJG.pngsEBxtxA.png
h3hyeue.png
Just got redirected on safari to [code]https://trackingboox.com/click?node=1&time=1526136060&id=196&pid=8&fid=8&sid=9&rank=0&ad=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IiIsInVybCI6IiJ9[/code] and then a fast url that said software update but I didn't have time to copy and then landed here: [code]https://pdfconverter.pro/landing-pages/html/index.html?click_id=_9Wy878gLZWyrlJhsW2L3FwpG9_IiprBeC7iaiNAB2JnkTC7jP_9XI0K4tsCTEMHu70QCaHWRxNW3uEQ8jgcxDHvQH9wI9-oVZr1LppDrY_9-gnaA3tsWJLW01X9BpN_gg4NzC8Nx8DkBYhUPayX5j1tHkL2IQnno1Kwoh3-_xeB6WWObr2-9HSM41VajzgrwiBFcao54UWRdseZ986OigImI9dkTPh8akXuOyob7SLG6Ygc9xzXZCftXM4brOetccTDz7nNAsE387FuLvuQHDbHiLr21UThN2PAJx9vejGStr9UsrMeActLbHEcla0OjPdPpnccIgQxISZq005muizVz_2wK8WmRFplPMfF2xmUZz-9VgdielfqiWhlSTbq&utm_source=15208&utm_medium=con[/code] I was scrolled halfway down a forum page, so I did not accidentally click either ad slot. I can't tell which ads were on the page- I hit back and it's now Sam&Fuzzy and Shaderunners, but I think it reloaded.
Just got redirected on safari to
Code:
https://trackingboox.com/click?node=1&time=1526136060&id=196&pid=8&fid=8&sid=9&rank=0&ad=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IiIsInVybCI6IiJ9
and then a fast url that said software update but I didn't have time to copy and then landed here:
Code:
https://pdfconverter.pro/landing-pages/html/index.html?click_id=_9Wy878gLZWyrlJhsW2L3FwpG9_IiprBeC7iaiNAB2JnkTC7jP_9XI0K4tsCTEMHu70QCaHWRxNW3uEQ8jgcxDHvQH9wI9-oVZr1LppDrY_9-gnaA3tsWJLW01X9BpN_gg4NzC8Nx8DkBYhUPayX5j1tHkL2IQnno1Kwoh3-_xeB6WWObr2-9HSM41VajzgrwiBFcao54UWRdseZ986OigImI9dkTPh8akXuOyob7SLG6Ygc9xzXZCftXM4brOetccTDz7nNAsE387FuLvuQHDbHiLr21UThN2PAJx9vejGStr9UsrMeActLbHEcla0OjPdPpnccIgQxISZq005muizVz_2wK8WmRFplPMfF2xmUZz-9VgdielfqiWhlSTbq&utm_source=15208&utm_medium=con

I was scrolled halfway down a forum page, so I did not accidentally click either ad slot. I can't tell which ads were on the page- I hit back and it's now Sam&Fuzzy and Shaderunners, but I think it reloaded.
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 421 422 423 424 425 ... 592 593