Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593
@Undel

Oh i noticed it when my mouse hovered over it. Not sure if that breaks the "ad rules" or not.
@Undel

Oh i noticed it when my mouse hovered over it. Not sure if that breaks the "ad rules" or not.
I just got an ad for I think it was Canon cameras? It hijacked my browser (Chrome) and took me to a page that said "A word from our sponsors" with one of those ads like on the side of the page playing below the words, then has an option to "return to site", but it takes you to a camera site.

I had not hovered over the ads, nor did I click on them. I was on the Gather Items page looking at the scroll down list for scavenging when suddenly I was taken away from the site entirely thanks to the ad taking control of my browser.

I just got an ad for I think it was Canon cameras? It hijacked my browser (Chrome) and took me to a page that said "A word from our sponsors" with one of those ads like on the side of the page playing below the words, then has an option to "return to site", but it takes you to a camera site.

I had not hovered over the ads, nor did I click on them. I was on the Gather Items page looking at the scroll down list for scavenging when suddenly I was taken away from the site entirely thanks to the ad taking control of my browser.

"Back in my day, we had to hope a mystical bird beast would incubate our nests because our nesting grounds took so long to render. You youngins and your incubate buttons..." - Akiri
[quote name="Grayven" date="2013-06-27 08:21:43" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=27823#178521"]I just got an ad for I think it was Canon cameras? It hijacked my browser (Chrome) and took me to a page that said "A word from our sponsors" with one of those ads like on the side of the page playing below the words, then has an option to "return to site", but it takes you to a camera site. I had not hovered over the ads, nor did I click on them. I was on the Gather Items page looking at the scroll down list for scavenging when suddenly I was taken away from the site entirely thanks to the ad taking control of my browser. [/quote] I would run a virus scan to be safe. Ads where you have to go and watch a video or ads that hijack your browser are not part of the ad network options we've signed up for, so I'm fairly sure that wasn't something on our end. I'll keep an eye out for it just in case; If it's on our end, we want that gone! [quote name="Kadaashi" date="2013-06-27 04:48:10" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=27823#176630"]@Undel Oh i noticed it when my mouse hovered over it. Not sure if that breaks the "ad rules" or not.[/quote] If you had to legit-hover to get the ad to pop up, its something we don't mind sticking around. If your mouse barely grazed it and it popped up, that's something we dont' want sticking around. I'll keep an eye out for it to see how it behaves. :-) (The advertisements are an important part of our site, , and what give us the ability to have so much of our site open to guest-browsing.)

I would run a virus scan to be safe. Ads where you have to go and watch a video or ads that hijack your browser are not part of the ad network options we've signed up for, so I'm fairly sure that wasn't something on our end. I'll keep an eye out for it just in case; If it's on our end, we want that gone!

@Undel

If you had to legit-hover to get the ad to pop up, its something we don't mind sticking around. If your mouse barely grazed it and it popped up, that's something we dont' want sticking around. I'll keep an eye out for it to see how it behaves. :-) (The advertisements are an important part of our site, , and what give us the ability to have so much of our site open to guest-browsing.)
I've actually just run virus and spyware scans this morning before I did anything else, and nothing came up. This is the first site I visited, but I'll do it again.
I've actually just run virus and spyware scans this morning before I did anything else, and nothing came up. This is the first site I visited, but I'll do it again.
"Back in my day, we had to hope a mystical bird beast would incubate our nests because our nesting grounds took so long to render. You youngins and your incubate buttons..." - Akiri
In that case I'll be remain vigilant to see if I can catch it when it appears. :-) Thanks for the report! @Grayven
In that case I'll be remain vigilant to see if I can catch it when it appears. :-) Thanks for the report! @Grayven
Just a new odd ad-problem I've run into:

Flight Rising is now displaying the "please whitelist our ads" banner to me (in Firefox), although I have ad-block disabled on all of FR. Also, the little "Ad Choices >" button appeared right over the words "Brightshine Jubilee" in the FR logo at the top of the page.
Just a new odd ad-problem I've run into:

Flight Rising is now displaying the "please whitelist our ads" banner to me (in Firefox), although I have ad-block disabled on all of FR. Also, the little "Ad Choices >" button appeared right over the words "Brightshine Jubilee" in the FR logo at the top of the page.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've noticed it a few times so I thought I might mention. Every now and again my antivirus catches a 'java exploit' bug while I'm booping around the site. It's never made it into my system, but after getting this a few times, I'm pretty sure it's the 'Colombia Sportswear" ad (More comfortable than strapping pillows to your feet!)

I don't have to mouse over it to get this reaction, having it load on the site is enough. Thought people should know!
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've noticed it a few times so I thought I might mention. Every now and again my antivirus catches a 'java exploit' bug while I'm booping around the site. It's never made it into my system, but after getting this a few times, I'm pretty sure it's the 'Colombia Sportswear" ad (More comfortable than strapping pillows to your feet!)

I don't have to mouse over it to get this reaction, having it load on the site is enough. Thought people should know!
@Undel
I have one that I might get lambasted for, but I still wanted to bring it up. I mean, I thought about it for a solid day before I decided to report.

There was an ad yesterday afternoon that was on my browser for maybe 3-5 page navigations (and for 30 minutes or so of puzzles) for "Wounded Warrior Project" and it displayed an image of a mutilated/disfigured soldier that I honestly felt was a touch graphic for a site that caters to Teenagers as well as adults. Not to sound silly or sensitive, but it honestly threw off my "puzzle mood" to have that in the corner of the screen.

Is there any way you can keep the sponsor but maybe ask them to provide a less graphic ad to display?

(I really hope I don't get lambasted for this request. I've already typed waaaay too much but I am worried I will come across as "too sensitive" or "against our troops" 'cause "this stuff is real and people need to see it" I'm just saying that for this site's audience it might be a bit too graphic. Ugh, typing qualifiers man! Haha)

ETA: I found the ad again, and it's like, the only ad I am seeing today except for a BUY GOLD NAOW ad
http://i40.tinypic.com/21e24y1.png
@Undel
I have one that I might get lambasted for, but I still wanted to bring it up. I mean, I thought about it for a solid day before I decided to report.

There was an ad yesterday afternoon that was on my browser for maybe 3-5 page navigations (and for 30 minutes or so of puzzles) for "Wounded Warrior Project" and it displayed an image of a mutilated/disfigured soldier that I honestly felt was a touch graphic for a site that caters to Teenagers as well as adults. Not to sound silly or sensitive, but it honestly threw off my "puzzle mood" to have that in the corner of the screen.

Is there any way you can keep the sponsor but maybe ask them to provide a less graphic ad to display?

(I really hope I don't get lambasted for this request. I've already typed waaaay too much but I am worried I will come across as "too sensitive" or "against our troops" 'cause "this stuff is real and people need to see it" I'm just saying that for this site's audience it might be a bit too graphic. Ugh, typing qualifiers man! Haha)

ETA: I found the ad again, and it's like, the only ad I am seeing today except for a BUY GOLD NAOW ad
http://i40.tinypic.com/21e24y1.png
1kz7OWt.png
I just came across an auto-play video add for 'Admission' a movie with Paul Rudd and Tina Fey.

While it was nice of them to not auto-play the sound, I'm really not feeling the video ads.
I just came across an auto-play video add for 'Admission' a movie with Paul Rudd and Tina Fey.

While it was nice of them to not auto-play the sound, I'm really not feeling the video ads.
coffee. need coffee.
I'm not sure if this is one you care about or not, but one of the showtime ads is for Dexter. It shows a male face with plastic pushed over his face. Dexter is a TV show where a serial murder is the main character and protagonist. It isn't something my friend would want her daughter watching, but I want sure if that was something you would think I was over reacting on.
I'm not sure if this is one you care about or not, but one of the showtime ads is for Dexter. It shows a male face with plastic pushed over his face. Dexter is a TV show where a serial murder is the main character and protagonist. It isn't something my friend would want her daughter watching, but I want sure if that was something you would think I was over reacting on.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593