Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 351 352 353 354 355 ... 592 593
[quote name="RoseBloodWolf" date=2017-04-23 16:28:29] For the last few days (and even as I make this post) I've been getting this ad for MacKeeper. (Sorry the image is so big) [img]http://i.imgur.com/u0v6esA.png[/img] About two and a half years ago, I made the mistake of downloading it. After a month, I started getting bad pop-up ads and other things that a Mac should never get or have happen to it. I don't know if anyone else has been getting ads from this, but it really needs to go. Mac users, be careful if you see this ad, don't trust it. [/quote] Can you grab the ad id from that ad so I can figure out who is advertising that?
RoseBloodWolf wrote on 2017-04-23:
For the last few days (and even as I make this post) I've been getting this ad for MacKeeper. (Sorry the image is so big)

u0v6esA.png

About two and a half years ago, I made the mistake of downloading it. After a month, I started getting bad pop-up ads and other things that a Mac should never get or have happen to it. I don't know if anyone else has been getting ads from this, but it really needs to go. Mac users, be careful if you see this ad, don't trust it.

Can you grab the ad id from that ad so I can figure out who is advertising that?
@hiveworks Next time it shows up I'll get that for you.
@hiveworks Next time it shows up I'll get that for you.
vulloksah_rosebloodwolf_100_by_dragonnmr-dalcgfl.gifkpMZ532.pngBToOI3e.gif
There is a malware/ransomware problem detected by Malwarebytes. I'm unsure if it's ad related as I can't seem to locate it in the source code.

Here is a screenshot of my warning: http://prnt.sc/f0hb8u
serpent.square7.ch
IP 148.251.48.69

Someone else reported that this happens particularly when you go to look at the Water update, which I can confirm happens to me.
There is a malware/ransomware problem detected by Malwarebytes. I'm unsure if it's ad related as I can't seem to locate it in the source code.

Here is a screenshot of my warning: http://prnt.sc/f0hb8u
serpent.square7.ch
IP 148.251.48.69

Someone else reported that this happens particularly when you go to look at the Water update, which I can confirm happens to me.
I got one of the full-screen Petsmart ads on Chrome mobile as well. It does have an "x" in the corner, but it's so small that I cannot tap it, and am forced to reload the page. I have a screencap, I'll edit it into this post when I get home this evening. Edit: Here's what the ad looks like. Again, that tiny "x" button is impossible to tap, and the only way to continue doing what I'm trying to do is to reload the page. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c5c600304bcc3a7091d8b0620faef496/tumblr_oozm7tKJMF1wos887o1_1280.png[/img]
I got one of the full-screen Petsmart ads on Chrome mobile as well. It does have an "x" in the corner, but it's so small that I cannot tap it, and am forced to reload the page.

I have a screencap, I'll edit it into this post when I get home this evening.

Edit: Here's what the ad looks like. Again, that tiny "x" button is impossible to tap, and the only way to continue doing what I'm trying to do is to reload the page.

tumblr_oozm7tKJMF1wos887o1_1280.png
he/they
Still looking for a copy of Accent: Grand Romance! :')
I've been getting a Wells Fargo add that plays in the bottom ad bar. While it remains within the bar, it auto-plays an audio blurb advertising Wells Fargo without warning. Not the worst, but the sudden noise that you can't seem to stop (?) is a bit startling/confusing.
I've been getting a Wells Fargo add that plays in the bottom ad bar. While it remains within the bar, it auto-plays an audio blurb advertising Wells Fargo without warning. Not the worst, but the sudden noise that you can't seem to stop (?) is a bit startling/confusing.
Z1Mernw.png
[quote name="Asclepias" date=2017-04-25 13:58:55] I've been getting a Wells Fargo add that plays in the bottom ad bar. While it remains within the bar, it auto-plays an audio blurb advertising Wells Fargo without warning. Not the worst, but the sudden noise that you can't seem to stop (?) is a bit startling/confusing. [/quote] I just came here to report this too, I have auditory processing problems and random sounds that I'm not expecting cause an anxiety attack at best and a panic attack at worst. Luckily this time I had a video playing in the background so it wasn't serious but it still threw me off and made me panic a bit. :x Please get rid of ads like this too
Asclepias wrote on 2017-04-25:

I just came here to report this too, I have auditory processing problems and random sounds that I'm not expecting cause an anxiety attack at best and a panic attack at worst. Luckily this time I had a video playing in the background so it wasn't serious but it still threw me off and made me panic a bit. :x Please get rid of ads like this too
image.png
"If to feel pain is my fate, then I have just one thing to say: Here in my scar-covered heart, color will always exist!"
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
image.png
I am having the same issues, on Chrome, but it seems like it's coming from several ads. I can't always identify the source. I will check more carefully and update if I can identify something other than Wells Fargo. It is very disruptive and irritating!
I am having the same issues, on Chrome, but it seems like it's coming from several ads. I can't always identify the source. I will check more carefully and update if I can identify something other than Wells Fargo. It is very disruptive and irritating!
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
Same Wells Fargo ad issue, even while I'm gathering it plays after EVERY gathering turn. I haven't had the issue on Firefox, just Internet Explorer so far.
Same Wells Fargo ad issue, even while I'm gathering it plays after EVERY gathering turn. I haven't had the issue on Firefox, just Internet Explorer so far.
TO3CCkr.png
Hiya. I'm also here to report about the Wells Fargo ad that is playing a video with sound, and it keeps replaying.

Here's a screenshot http://prntscr.com/f0t9cx
Hiya. I'm also here to report about the Wells Fargo ad that is playing a video with sound, and it keeps replaying.

Here's a screenshot http://prntscr.com/f0t9cx
e072ba50f4e0562645861ad6489fd252.png

2mzi4ux.png
yeah same here. Even when you hit "mute" on the add it just keeps playing. I couldn't figure out what it was at first because I've never had that issue with flight rising before, usually it's spam webpages.

*edit* and now they're causing my page to jump to the bottom no matter how many times I scroll up. This is very annoying. I just have to reload the page to get it working again, which is not very good for coli grinding. :/
yeah same here. Even when you hit "mute" on the add it just keeps playing. I couldn't figure out what it was at first because I've never had that issue with flight rising before, usually it's spam webpages.

*edit* and now they're causing my page to jump to the bottom no matter how many times I scroll up. This is very annoying. I just have to reload the page to get it working again, which is not very good for coli grinding. :/
B9_L2.pngiSuPyTT.pngo82-d4-Nrogara.pngm29-02-book.pngyK9tsxy.pngbibrHzP.pngo82-d3-Nrogara.pngB9_R2.pngm30-01-book.pngo82-d2-Nrogara.pnguisysIG.pngoKTlA9t.pngm29-04-book.pngT16.pngm30-02-book.pngWkyw2V9.png
1 2 ... 351 352 353 354 355 ... 592 593