Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Minimal lairs vs. Giant Lairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Am I minimal? (NOT counting 6the dragons in the last two tabs, they aren't permanent)
Am I minimal? (NOT counting 6the dragons in the last two tabs, they aren't permanent)
I'd like to think I have a smaller lair? 19 permas so far. I can't see it being under 10 dragons minimalist, and I also can't see myself having hundreds and hundreds of perma dragons. At the moment I would like more dragons, but like you said it's easier for me to focus on one project at a time to avoid getting overwhelmed. Breeding pairs and fodder really eat up space though!

Tiny lairs are really nice to look at, but I think I enjoy larger ones if lore is involved.

My own lair is still what I'd consider to be a wip. I have a lot of dragon ideas but my lair isn't as fleshed out as I would like it to be. While I'm waiting for projects to be fulfilled, I'm saving for outfits and earning hibernal den slots in the coli.
I'd like to think I have a smaller lair? 19 permas so far. I can't see it being under 10 dragons minimalist, and I also can't see myself having hundreds and hundreds of perma dragons. At the moment I would like more dragons, but like you said it's easier for me to focus on one project at a time to avoid getting overwhelmed. Breeding pairs and fodder really eat up space though!

Tiny lairs are really nice to look at, but I think I enjoy larger ones if lore is involved.

My own lair is still what I'd consider to be a wip. I have a lot of dragon ideas but my lair isn't as fleshed out as I would like it to be. While I'm waiting for projects to be fulfilled, I'm saving for outfits and earning hibernal den slots in the coli.
Buying Food UMAs
I've got a smaller lair... back in the day I used to have tons of dragons, but having so many just bothers me at this point. I try to keep my dragon count low, which is a pain with my varied tastes.
I've got a smaller lair... back in the day I used to have tons of dragons, but having so many just bothers me at this point. I try to keep my dragon count low, which is a pain with my varied tastes.
UnyqHqE.png
@LordJeanliness

As someone going the "shove all the fodder in the hibden" route -- I've been buying+breeding fodder hatchies (always have 5 nests of fodder going) and selling them as soon as they become adults. Is waiting for exalt bonuses worth it, in your opinion? Like, we have 15 breeds, at what point does it become more profit per slot to exalt and get a new dragon cooking in there? Assuming you stick them in there as babies.

Then again with a ton of slots you're more likely to get a dragon that happens to be the bonus.
@LordJeanliness

As someone going the "shove all the fodder in the hibden" route -- I've been buying+breeding fodder hatchies (always have 5 nests of fodder going) and selling them as soon as they become adults. Is waiting for exalt bonuses worth it, in your opinion? Like, we have 15 breeds, at what point does it become more profit per slot to exalt and get a new dragon cooking in there? Assuming you stick them in there as babies.

Then again with a ton of slots you're more likely to get a dragon that happens to be the bonus.
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
Why do you like large lairs/tiny lairs? I like large lairs because they can have such diversity, and some people with huge lairs organize them in such gorgeous ways that smaller lairs could never recreate. On the flip side, I like tiny lairs 'cause they're so easy to sort through for forum games.

What's your lair like? I think mine's pretty small for someone whos been on the site for as long as I have (6 months) and it's tiny compared to most other people's lairs.

What are your goals for your lair? In terms of size? I have no idea. It'll probably continue to remain modest in size because I'm so picky when it comes to dergs. In general terms? I look forward to having a lair I'm proud of (which will probably never happen lmao).
Why do you like large lairs/tiny lairs? I like large lairs because they can have such diversity, and some people with huge lairs organize them in such gorgeous ways that smaller lairs could never recreate. On the flip side, I like tiny lairs 'cause they're so easy to sort through for forum games.

What's your lair like? I think mine's pretty small for someone whos been on the site for as long as I have (6 months) and it's tiny compared to most other people's lairs.

What are your goals for your lair? In terms of size? I have no idea. It'll probably continue to remain modest in size because I'm so picky when it comes to dergs. In general terms? I look forward to having a lair I'm proud of (which will probably never happen lmao).
x ~~ BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS ~~ x
rKplWBX.gifhaNz1K4.gifSyuvpdB.gif
x ~~ CHEW UNTIL IT BLEEDS ~~ x
My lair is sorta small? I also recently split my lair between lore and non lore dragons.

Also this thread inspired me to do a small lair purge LOL
My lair is sorta small? I also recently split my lair between lore and non lore dragons.

Also this thread inspired me to do a small lair purge LOL
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
Twitter
24 | they/them
LmPbhqi.png
Hi! Big, non-thematic lair here. Or should I say big den? I think I've got 178 permas and counting? I mostly have a big lair because I can't help myself. I don't make a lot of impulse buys or anything, but I have a wide variety of tastes and I'm not strong-willed enough to restrict myself to just one.

I've done my best to shape my lore with this in mind, keeping it open-ended but I also don't write super in-depth lore either, which probably helps? My preferred writing is short blurbs/overviews vs full-on stories.

My current goals for my lair are sort of consolidating my lore. I have a clan, factions within that clan, a pirate crew, and a side-expansion of magical beings. I used to have even more side-stuff but trying to tie everything together was stressing me out more than it was helping creatively, so I've cut pieces out & revamped some lore dragons to be completely different. It's going well!

My second goal is to go through one by one and get everyone's bios coded and, if they don't have lore written, at least get a small blurb down. That's also going well! I'm on my House of Witches tab right now with the first row done since I started last week. Now I only have like...20000000 more weeks to go. It's fine. This is fine.
Hi! Big, non-thematic lair here. Or should I say big den? I think I've got 178 permas and counting? I mostly have a big lair because I can't help myself. I don't make a lot of impulse buys or anything, but I have a wide variety of tastes and I'm not strong-willed enough to restrict myself to just one.

I've done my best to shape my lore with this in mind, keeping it open-ended but I also don't write super in-depth lore either, which probably helps? My preferred writing is short blurbs/overviews vs full-on stories.

My current goals for my lair are sort of consolidating my lore. I have a clan, factions within that clan, a pirate crew, and a side-expansion of magical beings. I used to have even more side-stuff but trying to tie everything together was stressing me out more than it was helping creatively, so I've cut pieces out & revamped some lore dragons to be completely different. It's going well!

My second goal is to go through one by one and get everyone's bios coded and, if they don't have lore written, at least get a small blurb down. That's also going well! I'm on my House of Witches tab right now with the first row done since I started last week. Now I only have like...20000000 more weeks to go. It's fine. This is fine.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
Well, I'm a dragon breeder who runs a hatchery and I've been an active player for almost 5.5 years, so a large lair is just a natural consequence of that lol. I enjoy having a large lair because I love having very diverse dragons, not just in terms of breed but also colours and genes.

The downside is that my lair is lacking in any kind of organization (that makes sense to anyone besides me). You won't find a lot of lore and trying to locate a particular dragon can be a pain to any visitor since most of my active lair is, of course, my breeding pairs, and they get shuffled around frequently for nesting. As such my lair is super utilitarian and kinda dull. I'm jealous of all the nice lore lairs that have cool descriptions for all their tabs.

One day I'd like to at least get all my permas nice bios, but considering that I have over 200 permas at this point, it's a distant dream hahah. :')
Well, I'm a dragon breeder who runs a hatchery and I've been an active player for almost 5.5 years, so a large lair is just a natural consequence of that lol. I enjoy having a large lair because I love having very diverse dragons, not just in terms of breed but also colours and genes.

The downside is that my lair is lacking in any kind of organization (that makes sense to anyone besides me). You won't find a lot of lore and trying to locate a particular dragon can be a pain to any visitor since most of my active lair is, of course, my breeding pairs, and they get shuffled around frequently for nesting. As such my lair is super utilitarian and kinda dull. I'm jealous of all the nice lore lairs that have cool descriptions for all their tabs.

One day I'd like to at least get all my permas nice bios, but considering that I have over 200 permas at this point, it's a distant dream hahah. :')
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I guess I'm a medium lair? Idk, I just get and keep dragons that make me happy. If they no longer do that? They get yeeted. My lair number changes around c:
I guess I'm a medium lair? Idk, I just get and keep dragons that make me happy. If they no longer do that? They get yeeted. My lair number changes around c:
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
I'm a large lair, though the majority of my dragons won't be staying around forever. I do have quite a bit of permas though. Food has never been a problem since I coli so often.
I'm a large lair, though the majority of my dragons won't be staying around forever. I do have quite a bit of permas though. Food has never been a problem since I coli so often.
giphy.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11