Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you like coli?
1 2 3
If so, what is your favorite aspect of it? If not, why not?
If so, what is your favorite aspect of it? If not, why not?
Dragons am I right
i don't really like coli, because it feels like all i'm doing is clicking until things are dead :T

there isn't any real strategy beyond "build up breath/stamina, hope the RNG doesn't cause enemies to dodge too much (and when they do dodge there's no way to counter it, there's no skill involved in it), hope the enemies don't hit you too hard"

i do use the coli to level my fodder for exaltation but it doesn't feel very fun. it's like a very elaborate clicker game which have never been my thing.
i don't really like coli, because it feels like all i'm doing is clicking until things are dead :T

there isn't any real strategy beyond "build up breath/stamina, hope the RNG doesn't cause enemies to dodge too much (and when they do dodge there's no way to counter it, there's no skill involved in it), hope the enemies don't hit you too hard"

i do use the coli to level my fodder for exaltation but it doesn't feel very fun. it's like a very elaborate clicker game which have never been my thing.
tumblr_inline_nm5aogxI3C1t2i6sg.giftumblr_inline_nm5amd4Rto1t2i6sg.gif
When I like it, I really like it, but I go through a lot of periods where I just can't make myself go in there. It can be fun when there's a festival or something, but it can also be too tedious.
When I like it, I really like it, but I go through a lot of periods where I just can't make myself go in there. It can be fun when there's a festival or something, but it can also be too tedious.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
Loot.
Loot.
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
Money. I don't like it nor do I hate it. I'm in it for money and nothing else.
Money. I don't like it nor do I hate it. I'm in it for money and nothing else.
[quote name="Sniper" date="2019-10-15 14:48:35" ] i don't really like coli, because it feels like all i'm doing is clicking until things are dead :T there isn't any real strategy beyond "build up breath/stamina, hope the RNG doesn't cause enemies to dodge too much (and when they do dodge there's no way to counter it, there's no skill involved in it), hope the enemies don't hit you too hard" i do use the coli to level my fodder for exaltation but it doesn't feel very fun. it's like a very elaborate clicker game which have never been my thing. [/quote] But money is money so I stick through it :/
Sniper wrote on 2019-10-15 14:48:35:

But money is money so I stick through it :/
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
Well, I’m okay with it. I’m not quite fond with the mindless grinding, or the other stuff like that.

I have some issues with boss encounter-rates in later venues, and there are some issues I have with the gameplay itself (very laggy sometimes and drop rates for certain items like materials and food are sometimes a bit weird) though that stuff may be me just being nit picky.

Though, it helps kill away time. I can listen to music and space out, while still being productive. It gives me something to do when I literally have nothing better to do and it can be a great way to make profit. So even though it dislike it, it has its own redeeming qualities.
Well, I’m okay with it. I’m not quite fond with the mindless grinding, or the other stuff like that.

I have some issues with boss encounter-rates in later venues, and there are some issues I have with the gameplay itself (very laggy sometimes and drop rates for certain items like materials and food are sometimes a bit weird) though that stuff may be me just being nit picky.

Though, it helps kill away time. I can listen to music and space out, while still being productive. It gives me something to do when I literally have nothing better to do and it can be a great way to make profit. So even though it dislike it, it has its own redeeming qualities.
hypmic-hypnosis-mic.gif
I do quite enjoy it.

But then again, I'm the kind of person that runs around in circles for hours in rpgs to grind levels. 68 hours into Pokemon Ultra Moon and I'm just at the Wela Volcano Park entrance.
I do quite enjoy it.

But then again, I'm the kind of person that runs around in circles for hours in rpgs to grind levels. 68 hours into Pokemon Ultra Moon and I'm just at the Wela Volcano Park entrance.
4QFtgPW.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/s0xai7b.png[/img] [color=#2f4719]It gives me an excuse to watch YouTube videos. Also, money.[/color]
s0xai7b.png
It gives me an excuse to watch YouTube videos.

Also, money.
ex5BGkW.png
Coli isn't something apart of the site that really peaks my interest. My main gripe with it being the repetitious battles, and the only thing really urging me to go onward being leveling my dragons and gaining loot. Sure, there's some very valuable items you can obtain in some battles, and the extra items are always a nice thing to have. Yet after maybe 20 to 30 battles of only getting regular food/trinket/random material drops, it's bound to get a little frustrating or dull.

Not to mention the actual fighting can get boring as well. Similarly to looking for good loot, scratching and eliminating a foe several times can also get uninteresting.

Though I can appreciate the different and lush looking scenery put into each separate area. It definitely helps set a different feeling to each stage you enter. Whether it'd be a peaceful forest with flowers sprouting out of the grasses, or a menacing ruin filled with spirits that would probably trade your soul for a potato chip.

Not to mention some of the enemies you fight have really nice designs. I like how not all of them are just recolors of one another, and there are different creatures in different stages. I will admit, one of my main excitements about entering the coli was getting to see all the individual critters in the next stage I'd enter. (On side note; while it's optional to add, I also like the animation put onto some of the enemies. It makes them seem much more alive, or at least in my opinion it does.)

(...Which doesn't make me feel any better about striking down those cute bug creatures back in the Training Field. I hope I didn't hit them too hard.)
Coli isn't something apart of the site that really peaks my interest. My main gripe with it being the repetitious battles, and the only thing really urging me to go onward being leveling my dragons and gaining loot. Sure, there's some very valuable items you can obtain in some battles, and the extra items are always a nice thing to have. Yet after maybe 20 to 30 battles of only getting regular food/trinket/random material drops, it's bound to get a little frustrating or dull.

Not to mention the actual fighting can get boring as well. Similarly to looking for good loot, scratching and eliminating a foe several times can also get uninteresting.

Though I can appreciate the different and lush looking scenery put into each separate area. It definitely helps set a different feeling to each stage you enter. Whether it'd be a peaceful forest with flowers sprouting out of the grasses, or a menacing ruin filled with spirits that would probably trade your soul for a potato chip.

Not to mention some of the enemies you fight have really nice designs. I like how not all of them are just recolors of one another, and there are different creatures in different stages. I will admit, one of my main excitements about entering the coli was getting to see all the individual critters in the next stage I'd enter. (On side note; while it's optional to add, I also like the animation put onto some of the enemies. It makes them seem much more alive, or at least in my opinion it does.)

(...Which doesn't make me feel any better about striking down those cute bug creatures back in the Training Field. I hope I didn't hit them too hard.)
1 2 3