Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR things you're not really into?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
Canon lore and competing in Dominance.

I don't really care what happened to Tidelord, or most of those things, and I haven't even read most of the worldbuilding lore beyond the breed bios. I might, eventually, but I'm just not that interested right now. What little lore I have has a polite acquaintance with canon, at best.

And I've never really participated in Dom battles. I wasn't interested when I joined, and the few times I've tried to get into the flight Hub to sign up for events and stuff, it confused/intimidated me until my socially awkward butt just gave up. I actually tend to contribute more to flights other than my own, because they usually have Foddart and stuff that I like better.
Canon lore and competing in Dominance.

I don't really care what happened to Tidelord, or most of those things, and I haven't even read most of the worldbuilding lore beyond the breed bios. I might, eventually, but I'm just not that interested right now. What little lore I have has a polite acquaintance with canon, at best.

And I've never really participated in Dom battles. I wasn't interested when I joined, and the few times I've tried to get into the flight Hub to sign up for events and stuff, it confused/intimidated me until my socially awkward butt just gave up. I actually tend to contribute more to flights other than my own, because they usually have Foddart and stuff that I like better.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
I'm not really into the breeding aspect of the game. I'd rather hatch & buy G1 dragons to gene up or just buy dragons other people bred and spoil them than put all the time into a breeding project.

Familiars. They're cute and I like when they match the dragons but I just don't understand collecting them, hence my frequently small number of them.
I'm not really into the breeding aspect of the game. I'd rather hatch & buy G1 dragons to gene up or just buy dragons other people bred and spoil them than put all the time into a breeding project.

Familiars. They're cute and I like when they match the dragons but I just don't understand collecting them, hence my frequently small number of them.
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
-Hibernal Den. I think it's nice to have extra space, but its extra space I don't really need. Honestly, the only times I really use it is for fodder storage or if I'm hatching a nest and need to make some space real quick.

-Literally the entire Trading Post. It was neat when I first started but now I honestly forget they even exist. I only ever go there for Baldwin's festival skinccents or Galore's lastest freebie, which even then aren't very often...
Also, Crim is a scam artist and needs to be arrested!

-Familiars. The bonus treasure and occasional chest are nice, but otherwise all they do is just sit there and look pretty. I really wish they were more than just glorified accessories...
-Hibernal Den. I think it's nice to have extra space, but its extra space I don't really need. Honestly, the only times I really use it is for fodder storage or if I'm hatching a nest and need to make some space real quick.

-Literally the entire Trading Post. It was neat when I first started but now I honestly forget they even exist. I only ever go there for Baldwin's festival skinccents or Galore's lastest freebie, which even then aren't very often...
Also, Crim is a scam artist and needs to be arrested!

-Familiars. The bonus treasure and occasional chest are nice, but otherwise all they do is just sit there and look pretty. I really wish they were more than just glorified accessories...
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
- Canon Lore. I was bored by it, so it doesn't interest me to write my dragons around it.

- Dom battles. I don't participate in Flight-specific discussion at all; I just train + exalt dragons for a little bit of extra cash on the side.

- G1s, but more specifically, the part of it where people make a huge fuss if you breed them. I collect G1s myself simply b/c I find them fun to work with, and I breed them for fodder. I don't care about offspring lists at all.

- Gaolers. They are ugly as all get out and I especially hate the fact that they have weird paw pads on their wings.

- Familiars. I use them on all my permanent dragons, but I don't specifically buy them or aim to get the rare ones.

- Ghost gene. I forgot to add this one, but the gene itself just looks so awkward to me, and I can't get it to work in any visually aesthetic way.
- Canon Lore. I was bored by it, so it doesn't interest me to write my dragons around it.

- Dom battles. I don't participate in Flight-specific discussion at all; I just train + exalt dragons for a little bit of extra cash on the side.

- G1s, but more specifically, the part of it where people make a huge fuss if you breed them. I collect G1s myself simply b/c I find them fun to work with, and I breed them for fodder. I don't care about offspring lists at all.

- Gaolers. They are ugly as all get out and I especially hate the fact that they have weird paw pads on their wings.

- Familiars. I use them on all my permanent dragons, but I don't specifically buy them or aim to get the rare ones.

- Ghost gene. I forgot to add this one, but the gene itself just looks so awkward to me, and I can't get it to work in any visually aesthetic way.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
Exalting. There was another game I played for well over a decade and it was always a bummer that the solution to the population was a sort of lifespan/forced retirement, so you literally had to lose your creatures eventually. So, I like it that I can keep my dragons forever, but...I really do not like exalting and how it's just a huge part of the game you pretty much have to do. So like, exalt culture too. I don't wanna feel guilty for exalting a rando derg efrom the AH but I also don't wanna feel guilty for not doing it because You Gotta lmao

Dom stuff. I'm admittedly not that social anyway, but it's kind of hard to get into something that intense and hyper-involved. My flight is huge and even the attempts to break things down to easier, low-level involvement just...no. Someday, I'll dump funds on them I guess because I feel bad. And I don't like feeling guilty???

PVP. Again, kind of antisocial. I have like no friends on here and I'm not interested in randomly doing PVP with people. Or in being forced to in order to get items. Ugh.

Goalers. I really quickly hated this update. I have some, I like the ones I have, but on the whole, I don't find them that amazing looking. I was never a big fan of Tundras either though. There's nothing like extreme hype and lasting adoration of something you don't like very much to make you like it even less. I can't wait until they come out with another Ancient so maybe it dies off a bit.

Full bodied skins. Why tho? lol I've used them only on dragons I was attached to that were just so ugly but that I couldn't fix yet, so I guess they're useful, but I don't get them otherwise. Like when you go to look at a dragon and you know from the breakdown what it looks like but it's got a full skin on. Ugh.

Discord. *hisses* No I don't want to join the discord server for anything or have to join to participate in a ton of things I otherwise would have, or to contact you about something. Maybe I'd like my off of FR life to stay that way lol and I kind of loathe discord anyway.
Exalting. There was another game I played for well over a decade and it was always a bummer that the solution to the population was a sort of lifespan/forced retirement, so you literally had to lose your creatures eventually. So, I like it that I can keep my dragons forever, but...I really do not like exalting and how it's just a huge part of the game you pretty much have to do. So like, exalt culture too. I don't wanna feel guilty for exalting a rando derg efrom the AH but I also don't wanna feel guilty for not doing it because You Gotta lmao

Dom stuff. I'm admittedly not that social anyway, but it's kind of hard to get into something that intense and hyper-involved. My flight is huge and even the attempts to break things down to easier, low-level involvement just...no. Someday, I'll dump funds on them I guess because I feel bad. And I don't like feeling guilty???

PVP. Again, kind of antisocial. I have like no friends on here and I'm not interested in randomly doing PVP with people. Or in being forced to in order to get items. Ugh.

Goalers. I really quickly hated this update. I have some, I like the ones I have, but on the whole, I don't find them that amazing looking. I was never a big fan of Tundras either though. There's nothing like extreme hype and lasting adoration of something you don't like very much to make you like it even less. I can't wait until they come out with another Ancient so maybe it dies off a bit.

Full bodied skins. Why tho? lol I've used them only on dragons I was attached to that were just so ugly but that I couldn't fix yet, so I guess they're useful, but I don't get them otherwise. Like when you go to look at a dragon and you know from the breakdown what it looks like but it's got a full skin on. Ugh.

Discord. *hisses* No I don't want to join the discord server for anything or have to join to participate in a ton of things I otherwise would have, or to contact you about something. Maybe I'd like my off of FR life to stay that way lol and I kind of loathe discord anyway.
MXmMK3p.png83JjnTB.png nVMPBGA.png
Breeding projects

I really only breed my fodder pairs. Sure it's nice when someone keeps one, a couple of my pairs have kids with lore and accents, but for the most part I breed to kick them into the AH.

Other things is the hype for KS stuff. it's eh.. how do I put it? It doesn't really...look great.. Now, the Imperial Scrolls I'd nab at the drop of the hat if I had the chance because I adore G1s and an Imperial G1 would be dang near priceless to me, but besides that..I don't need some obviously-fake-winged sandals.
Breeding projects

I really only breed my fodder pairs. Sure it's nice when someone keeps one, a couple of my pairs have kids with lore and accents, but for the most part I breed to kick them into the AH.

Other things is the hype for KS stuff. it's eh.. how do I put it? It doesn't really...look great.. Now, the Imperial Scrolls I'd nab at the drop of the hat if I had the chance because I adore G1s and an Imperial G1 would be dang near priceless to me, but besides that..I don't need some obviously-fake-winged sandals.
sBdLZtA.png
Art.

Which is strange, because I have done a vast amount of art for the other virtual pet site I play a lot, Neopets.

But for some reason...I can't get into the FR art scene. I've done a few commissions but never on the site, so I got paid real money. Even just drawing the dragons is a chore for me, because I personally find FR dragons quite hard to re-interpret into a design I can draw more easily. Must I really draw every nuance of every gene and every piece of apparel every time? Heck no.

One may say, "gijinkas", but at that point what's the connection to FR? It's a human with horns and wings maybe. At that point might as well just set the whole story not in the FR universe and just use the dragons as assets for gameplay, which I've done mostly with my Neopets characters at this point. But I can still easily draw them in their Neopets forms and don't have to only draw them as humans.
Art.

Which is strange, because I have done a vast amount of art for the other virtual pet site I play a lot, Neopets.

But for some reason...I can't get into the FR art scene. I've done a few commissions but never on the site, so I got paid real money. Even just drawing the dragons is a chore for me, because I personally find FR dragons quite hard to re-interpret into a design I can draw more easily. Must I really draw every nuance of every gene and every piece of apparel every time? Heck no.

One may say, "gijinkas", but at that point what's the connection to FR? It's a human with horns and wings maybe. At that point might as well just set the whole story not in the FR universe and just use the dragons as assets for gameplay, which I've done mostly with my Neopets characters at this point. But I can still easily draw them in their Neopets forms and don't have to only draw them as humans.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
UMAs (user-made accents), and not just because I used to have no idea what the abbreviation stood for. The only ones I've got are the festival ones and those skin/accent crates that sometimes drop from the coli.

G1s, I don't go out of my way to collect them. They're nice to breed (without problems with inbreeding) but meh.

Dom events. I'll train and exalt to pitch in, but I don't post in the dom forum.

Hatcheries - too much work for me.

Discord - not my thing.
UMAs (user-made accents), and not just because I used to have no idea what the abbreviation stood for. The only ones I've got are the festival ones and those skin/accent crates that sometimes drop from the coli.

G1s, I don't go out of my way to collect them. They're nice to breed (without problems with inbreeding) but meh.

Dom events. I'll train and exalt to pitch in, but I don't post in the dom forum.

Hatcheries - too much work for me.

Discord - not my thing.
Does that Pokemon fandragon exist yet? Check out this thread, where you can find Pokemon fandragons in one place :)
Oh boy...

People cramming 100 pieces of apparel into one dragon = 100 may be an exaggerated number, but it's when people literally drown their dragons in apparel. To the point most of the dragon is just clothes. There are dragons what - as a joke - have tons and tons of apparel on them - such as the legendary GOLF. Those are fine to me, since they're joke dragons. But the moment a serious-labeled dragon does carry more apparel than the normal amount, it's just... ugh.

Breeding projects = Never done such, and never will, especially when I'm thriving with my new lair aesthetic. In my old lair I did kinda match up dragons with similar colors - especially black dragons. But like, hoping for some sort of a color combo out of them? No thanks.

G1s, but in a hoarding form = Aka when a single lair consists of only G1s. It's a huge gamble when hatching eggs, and if it does look beautiful, you'll most likely spend the most treasure and gems to make it look prettier. It would be easier and cheaper to just buy fodder, look at them for a day or two, then decide if they're worthy or not.

Dom = At first, pretty cool. But now...? No. If Dom was somehow calculated in a whole year... It's like, 70% Earth, 25% Festival-corresponding Dom, and 5% other. Hmh. Really "great" isn't it?

there might be more, but these popped into my head.
Oh boy...

People cramming 100 pieces of apparel into one dragon = 100 may be an exaggerated number, but it's when people literally drown their dragons in apparel. To the point most of the dragon is just clothes. There are dragons what - as a joke - have tons and tons of apparel on them - such as the legendary GOLF. Those are fine to me, since they're joke dragons. But the moment a serious-labeled dragon does carry more apparel than the normal amount, it's just... ugh.

Breeding projects = Never done such, and never will, especially when I'm thriving with my new lair aesthetic. In my old lair I did kinda match up dragons with similar colors - especially black dragons. But like, hoping for some sort of a color combo out of them? No thanks.

G1s, but in a hoarding form = Aka when a single lair consists of only G1s. It's a huge gamble when hatching eggs, and if it does look beautiful, you'll most likely spend the most treasure and gems to make it look prettier. It would be easier and cheaper to just buy fodder, look at them for a day or two, then decide if they're worthy or not.

Dom = At first, pretty cool. But now...? No. If Dom was somehow calculated in a whole year... It's like, 70% Earth, 25% Festival-corresponding Dom, and 5% other. Hmh. Really "great" isn't it?

there might be more, but these popped into my head.
Please drink water.
Breeding. Screw all that.
Dragons with parents. (no fun, i want to gene myself and hunt down colors i want)
Familiars (sadly they keep updating them too fast and i still dont care about ''collecting'' them)
Old dragons. Maybe people see that with gen1's lol, i just don't see the appeal of old dragons. (even if the dragons is a gen1 and low digit i still dont care about the dragons ID)
Ridgebacks and Snappers. Why people care about them? ;p
UMA's. Can i just find one that isnt awfully busy?! No thanks, i like the most simple ones and underbelly accents XD

Breeding. Screw all that.
Dragons with parents. (no fun, i want to gene myself and hunt down colors i want)
Familiars (sadly they keep updating them too fast and i still dont care about ''collecting'' them)
Old dragons. Maybe people see that with gen1's lol, i just don't see the appeal of old dragons. (even if the dragons is a gen1 and low digit i still dont care about the dragons ID)
Ridgebacks and Snappers. Why people care about them? ;p
UMA's. Can i just find one that isnt awfully busy?! No thanks, i like the most simple ones and underbelly accents XD

6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13