Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How has FR changed you?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It helped me a lot through a rough start to my college year last year, as well as nurturing my creativity and love for dragons ^^
It helped me a lot through a rough start to my college year last year, as well as nurturing my creativity and love for dragons ^^
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gifRbf96Oh.gif Celty | She/her | Irish | +8 FR time tRNevRC.giftumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
I can color coordinate now.
LxbWmll.png
I was on FR from 2015-2017 before I slowly started to lose interest - I'm now a month into my senior year of high school and I decided to come back after buying a new laptop. I honestly forgot how much this game meant to me. I get super anxious and stressed easily and FR is one of the few things that can calm me down. It's relaxing and I always find myself here at the end of the day everyday. FR is my guilty pleasure and recently I was blessed with the chance to share it with someone I really care about. Here on FR we all have our own persona, talking to people on the forum has made me realize that we're all in this for the same reason one way or another, and I think that's a wonderful thing.
I was on FR from 2015-2017 before I slowly started to lose interest - I'm now a month into my senior year of high school and I decided to come back after buying a new laptop. I honestly forgot how much this game meant to me. I get super anxious and stressed easily and FR is one of the few things that can calm me down. It's relaxing and I always find myself here at the end of the day everyday. FR is my guilty pleasure and recently I was blessed with the chance to share it with someone I really care about. Here on FR we all have our own persona, talking to people on the forum has made me realize that we're all in this for the same reason one way or another, and I think that's a wonderful thing.
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif » Felox
» ATL | FR +3
» Discord: #9976
» Directory
being a member of FR has taught me how terrible I am at managing money.
[quote name="Ramsky" date="2019-09-08 15:27:03" ] being a member of FR has taught me how terrible I am at managing money. [/quote] Agreeable.
Ramsky wrote on 2019-09-08 15:27:03:
Agreeable.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
made me embrace my creative self a bit more, i guess?? and write more
made me embrace my creative self a bit more, i guess?? and write more
rPflwkH.png
Flightrising...
-Has honed my communication skills!
-Thanks to the creative corner, my drawing skills inproved so much that I almost can't believe it
-It's a lot easier to distinguish colours when I see them
Flightrising...
-Has honed my communication skills!
-Thanks to the creative corner, my drawing skills inproved so much that I almost can't believe it
-It's a lot easier to distinguish colours when I see them
KtOpUUe.gif
[quote name="unidra" date="2019-09-08 14:52:47" ] I can color coordinate now. [/quote] I've always had a good instinct for color but I think FR really honed my skills in that, especially when also coordinating patterns and styles and bringing out certain aesthetics. Also, because of Discord (which I joined because of a FR server or two), I've gotten REALLY fast at typing! My dad, who is himself a pretty darn good typist, is impressed by my speed :P
unidra wrote on 2019-09-08 14:52:47:
I've always had a good instinct for color but I think FR really honed my skills in that, especially when also coordinating patterns and styles and bringing out certain aesthetics.

Also, because of Discord (which I joined because of a FR server or two), I've gotten REALLY fast at typing! My dad, who is himself a pretty darn good typist, is impressed by my speed :P
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I like FR in the sense that it's given me a daily routine. It's like "oh time to go feed the dragons" or "time to start the next brew". I play a lot of games and have a few hobbies, but I always phase in and out of them. I don't think there's been a time where I've neglected FR for longer than a week since I started here. FR is kind of like a grounding point for me.

FR actually had a lot to teach me about online game economies, and real ones. It took me a while to learn the AH but I found watching the patterns emerging to be very interesting; watching the fodder prices jump around, seeing how gene values change, learning about dragon quality, etc. Being able to say "wow that's expensive, but this is why it's worth it or "why the heck is a person selling that dragon for that cheap MINE" is proof enough of what I've learned here. Definitely taught me more about market values than university ever had.

And you know, there's a lot of people in here who say that FR boosted their creative skills. Mine are pretty adept- or at least I always thought so. But I guess maybe there's some more for me to learn. I should spend time in the forums. So I guess that's another thing FR taught me.

Also I have a big habit of jumping into the fairgrounds for 5-10 minutes at a time while I'm waiting for my slow family XD I like that I have a little something to fill in the gaps of my day.
I like FR in the sense that it's given me a daily routine. It's like "oh time to go feed the dragons" or "time to start the next brew". I play a lot of games and have a few hobbies, but I always phase in and out of them. I don't think there's been a time where I've neglected FR for longer than a week since I started here. FR is kind of like a grounding point for me.

FR actually had a lot to teach me about online game economies, and real ones. It took me a while to learn the AH but I found watching the patterns emerging to be very interesting; watching the fodder prices jump around, seeing how gene values change, learning about dragon quality, etc. Being able to say "wow that's expensive, but this is why it's worth it or "why the heck is a person selling that dragon for that cheap MINE" is proof enough of what I've learned here. Definitely taught me more about market values than university ever had.

And you know, there's a lot of people in here who say that FR boosted their creative skills. Mine are pretty adept- or at least I always thought so. But I guess maybe there's some more for me to learn. I should spend time in the forums. So I guess that's another thing FR taught me.

Also I have a big habit of jumping into the fairgrounds for 5-10 minutes at a time while I'm waiting for my slow family XD I like that I have a little something to fill in the gaps of my day.
I feel like FR gives me another really cool creative outlet!

I like to play minecraft, and while it's an awesome game, characters are a little bit hard to create. But FR is really cool about character creation, and just generally has some awesome items that give me inspiration.

I also feel like it's helped with some of my anxiety! I don't use social media or anything, and I don't really talk to people much irl. But now I'm steadily reaching 1000 posts on this site, and I didn't think that would be possible. I've noticed I'm a little more confident when I talk.

On top of all that, my writings improved a good bit since I got here. The inspiration to write about characters is really good for me.

Thank you, FR Team, for making a game that helps so many people.
I feel like FR gives me another really cool creative outlet!

I like to play minecraft, and while it's an awesome game, characters are a little bit hard to create. But FR is really cool about character creation, and just generally has some awesome items that give me inspiration.

I also feel like it's helped with some of my anxiety! I don't use social media or anything, and I don't really talk to people much irl. But now I'm steadily reaching 1000 posts on this site, and I didn't think that would be possible. I've noticed I'm a little more confident when I talk.

On top of all that, my writings improved a good bit since I got here. The inspiration to write about characters is really good for me.

Thank you, FR Team, for making a game that helps so many people.
LRphJMG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9