Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How has FR changed you?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I’ve learned „you can’t please everyone“ really rings true. It’s interesting seeing the general consensus and the outliers in the forums after a new feature is released. Idk if that’s the social experimenter in me or not, but it amuses me.
I’ve learned „you can’t please everyone“ really rings true. It’s interesting seeing the general consensus and the outliers in the forums after a new feature is released. Idk if that’s the social experimenter in me or not, but it amuses me.
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png
[quote name="ivycrowned" date="2019-09-04 19:43:56" ] I've always been data-oriented, but FR has taught me to use spreadsheets more efficiently and with more complex formulas. I have confidence in the sheets I make that only comes from experience, and I got that experience here. I've come to view a complex and helpful sheet as a form of art, which has actually been a pretty big part of my personal art practice and the fact that I'm actually strongly considering going to grad school for a masters degree in art once my partner finishes their MFA. (also having this confidence in data management has helped me impress my managers and get raises at work, so that's great too) [/quote] Oh man that's a mood. I wouldn't be half as good at Google Sheets without FR, hahaha. Data management and automated formulas are [i]really good and useful IRL[/i] in the right position.
ivycrowned wrote on 2019-09-04 19:43:56:
I've always been data-oriented, but FR has taught me to use spreadsheets more efficiently and with more complex formulas. I have confidence in the sheets I make that only comes from experience, and I got that experience here.

I've come to view a complex and helpful sheet as a form of art, which has actually been a pretty big part of my personal art practice and the fact that I'm actually strongly considering going to grad school for a masters degree in art once my partner finishes their MFA.
(also having this confidence in data management has helped me impress my managers and get raises at work, so that's great too)
Oh man that's a mood. I wouldn't be half as good at Google Sheets without FR, hahaha. Data management and automated formulas are really good and useful IRL in the right position.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
[quote name="RosaDiaz" date="2019-09-05 10:44:46" ] I’ve learned „you can’t please everyone“ really rings true. It’s interesting seeing the general consensus and the outliers in the forums after a new feature is released. Idk if that’s the social experimenter in me or not, but it amuses me. [/quote] same for me too :o
RosaDiaz wrote on 2019-09-05 10:44:46:

same for me too :o
He/They
I think of things in FR colors now.

Edit: I'm actually putting thought into how I manage things, particularly money!
I think of things in FR colors now.

Edit: I'm actually putting thought into how I manage things, particularly money!
Fr has done a lot for me! It's made me a lot of friends, but has helped me become a leader and organize things for others; I've picked up a lot of different skills while I've been here. Including economics! I've never been interested or invested in game economics but here I actually pay attention and try to work in with the system to benefit. But also it's gotten me to write more, not come up with material but getting it down with all the lore I write. I enjoy how productive I've become!
Fr has done a lot for me! It's made me a lot of friends, but has helped me become a leader and organize things for others; I've picked up a lot of different skills while I've been here. Including economics! I've never been interested or invested in game economics but here I actually pay attention and try to work in with the system to benefit. But also it's gotten me to write more, not come up with material but getting it down with all the lore I write. I enjoy how productive I've become!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
[quote name="Alfamangle" date="2019-09-04 17:33:44" ] [quote name="Erisdar" date="2019-09-04 17:29:38" ] [quote name="starshiny" date="2019-09-04 17:27:41" ] it's given me many good friends ^^ [/quote] Plus it’s given me the initiative to be nicer to people in general. I can be kind of a jerk sometimes. [/quote] This is a big fat mood Also, it's helped me with communication and how to actually not make it seem like you're being mean when you meant it as a compliment or as a joke. I now know how to choose words better. Also, I'm better at writing and getting my ideas through words better so yeaaahhh [/quote] The biggest mood to ever mood. I've also met some of my closest friends on here (not offline unfortunately)
Alfamangle wrote on 2019-09-04 17:33:44:
Erisdar wrote on 2019-09-04 17:29:38:
starshiny wrote on 2019-09-04 17:27:41:
it's given me many good friends ^^

Plus it’s given me the initiative to be nicer to people in general. I can be kind of a jerk sometimes.

This is a big fat mood

Also, it's helped me with communication and how to actually not make it seem like you're being mean when you meant it as a compliment or as a joke. I now know how to choose words better.

Also, I'm better at writing and getting my ideas through words better so yeaaahhh

The biggest mood to ever mood. I've also met some of my closest friends on here (not offline unfortunately)
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
[quote name="@Erisdar" date="2019-09-04 17:29:38" ] [quote name="starshiny" date="2019-09-04 17:27:41" ] it's given me many good friends ^^ [/quote] Plus it’s given me the initiative to be nicer to people in general. I can be kind of a jerk sometimes. [/quote] Same here, FR is literally what made me start to consciously try to be a better person. I'm not really sure why, I used to be a piece of work but the friendliness of the community really rubbed off on me I guess? Made me think " I want to be more like them" , still hard not to go off on people sometimes but I've learnt it's better to just accept disagreements and move on.
@Erisdar wrote on 2019-09-04 17:29:38:
starshiny wrote on 2019-09-04 17:27:41:
it's given me many good friends ^^

Plus it’s given me the initiative to be nicer to people in general. I can be kind of a jerk sometimes.

Same here, FR is literally what made me start to consciously try to be a better person. I'm not really sure why, I used to be a piece of work but the friendliness of the community really rubbed off on me I guess? Made me think " I want to be more like them" , still hard not to go off on people sometimes but I've learnt it's better to just accept disagreements and move on.
Heart.gif
fr changed my life so that i can't read oof as anything other than the abbreviation of out of flight
fr changed my life so that i can't read oof as anything other than the abbreviation of out of flight
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
I know a lot more about spreadsheets now, and that's kind of hilarious because I work in IT.
I know a lot more about spreadsheets now, and that's kind of hilarious because I work in IT.
FR has given me an outlet for character making that was a lot more approachable than starting completely from scratch after years of being really unmotivated with my own creativity. Real life still gets in the way a lot so I don't always have the energy to work on something, but I know that I can always come back to my dragons when I need to.
FR has given me an outlet for character making that was a lot more approachable than starting completely from scratch after years of being really unmotivated with my own creativity. Real life still gets in the way a lot so I don't always have the energy to work on something, but I know that I can always come back to my dragons when I need to.
this sig is under construction | they/she
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9