Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How has FR changed you?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
how to be friendlier/more approachable (?) to others. how to be nice in general. probably how to manage time and savings better, although i'm still awful at that.

it's also given me more inspiration of what i'd like to do or try, especially in the means of art!
how to be friendlier/more approachable (?) to others. how to be nice in general. probably how to manage time and savings better, although i'm still awful at that.

it's also given me more inspiration of what i'd like to do or try, especially in the means of art!
alo_chibi_shark.png ......
wip
I have a better understanding of economic concepts, saving, investing, and budgeting! Econ in high school was so much easier to understand with prior knowledge from this site's economy, and I'm much better at saving my own money IRL now than I was in middle school (I started playing in freshman year). I've become more confident in posting on the forums, but I'm not sure that's saying much lol. I rarely post casually, but I'm not paralyzed with fear when hovering over "submit" anymore, which is better than when I first started playing. My ability to run threads and take a leadership role have improved slightly, too, and I've discovered a love for spreadsheets [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
I have a better understanding of economic concepts, saving, investing, and budgeting! Econ in high school was so much easier to understand with prior knowledge from this site's economy, and I'm much better at saving my own money IRL now than I was in middle school (I started playing in freshman year).

I've become more confident in posting on the forums, but I'm not sure that's saying much lol. I rarely post casually, but I'm not paralyzed with fear when hovering over "submit" anymore, which is better than when I first started playing. My ability to run threads and take a leadership role have improved slightly, too, and I've discovered a love for spreadsheets
3 hours ahead of FR time
[quote name="ElvenArtist" date="2019-09-04 17:58:16" ] I have a better understanding of economic concepts, saving, investing, and budgeting! Econ in high school was so much easier to understand with prior knowledge from this site's economy [snip] [/quote] This.
ElvenArtist wrote on 2019-09-04 17:58:16:
I have a better understanding of economic concepts, saving, investing, and budgeting! Econ in high school was so much easier to understand with prior knowledge from this site's economy
[snip]
This.
Not much has changed about me, but FR has fueled my obsession with dragons.
Not much has changed about me, but FR has fueled my obsession with dragons.
Does that Pokemon fandragon exist yet? Check out this thread, where you can find Pokemon fandragons in one place :)
FR has honestly done a lot for me. This place has taught me how to communicate with others and how to understand some of the internet culture I previously did not really understand. I have extreme anxiety in my RL and prior to FR I couldn't even have dreamed of going online or posting on any forum type.

This place also taught me the beginnings of how to code.

FR has honestly done a lot for me. This place has taught me how to communicate with others and how to understand some of the internet culture I previously did not really understand. I have extreme anxiety in my RL and prior to FR I couldn't even have dreamed of going online or posting on any forum type.

This place also taught me the beginnings of how to code.

fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
I used to not really like pink that much but FR has taught me to love it and many other colors I used to not be keen on.
I used to not really like pink that much but FR has taught me to love it and many other colors I used to not be keen on.
IMG_0247.jpg
Someone on facebook posted one of those 'first letter' lists yesterday. One of the prompts was to pick a color that starts with that letter. I mentally started going through the FR colorwheel.
Someone on facebook posted one of those 'first letter' lists yesterday. One of the prompts was to pick a color that starts with that letter. I mentally started going through the FR colorwheel.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Gives me a place to relieve stress and a creative outlet! Love it to bits!
Gives me a place to relieve stress and a creative outlet! Love it to bits!
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
To be finally not bored at boring workdays. FR makes the time go faster! For the rest FR didnt change me at all.
To be finally not bored at boring workdays. FR makes the time go faster! For the rest FR didnt change me at all.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
I've always been data-oriented, but FR has taught me to use spreadsheets more efficiently and with more complex formulas. I have confidence in the sheets I make that only comes from experience, and I got that experience here.

I've come to view a complex and helpful sheet as a form of art, which has actually been a pretty big part of my personal art practice and the fact that I'm actually strongly considering going to grad school for a masters degree in art once my partner finishes their MFA.
(also having this confidence in data management has helped me impress my managers and get raises at work, so that's great too)
I've always been data-oriented, but FR has taught me to use spreadsheets more efficiently and with more complex formulas. I have confidence in the sheets I make that only comes from experience, and I got that experience here.

I've come to view a complex and helpful sheet as a form of art, which has actually been a pretty big part of my personal art practice and the fact that I'm actually strongly considering going to grad school for a masters degree in art once my partner finishes their MFA.
(also having this confidence in data management has helped me impress my managers and get raises at work, so that's great too)
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
Nocturnes, Pearlcatchers, occasionally Skydancers
ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop: forum post / spreadsheet
HW4lpxl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9