Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your type of exalt lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was thinking about it today, and I wanted to learn more about everyone's personal lore regarding exalting!

Aside from the established lore of the dragon serving their diety and it being a great honour, what kind of lore do you assign to it?

I personally sell a lot of my dragons as exalt fodder to help fuel Fire Dominance because I don't have the resources to train them myself, but love to contribute! I imagine that some of my dragons hatch and are raised with the understanding that they will likely be exalted someday, whether soon or far, and they are rather spoiled by their clan. When they move to another lair, they are proud if exalted, though also appreciate their clan members if they get a more permanent residence.

If any of my dragons are exalted unnamed, I imagine the dragon wants to choose their own name, but remains undecided by the time they are exalted. They remain unnamed so that they can choose their own name as they please, always in control of their own fate.

Do you raise exalt fodder? Train them? Maybe you exalt dragons after a life well lived! Whatever the case, I'd love to hear more people's takes on it!

I'm subscribed, by the way, no need to ping! I can't wait to hear from you!
I was thinking about it today, and I wanted to learn more about everyone's personal lore regarding exalting!

Aside from the established lore of the dragon serving their diety and it being a great honour, what kind of lore do you assign to it?

I personally sell a lot of my dragons as exalt fodder to help fuel Fire Dominance because I don't have the resources to train them myself, but love to contribute! I imagine that some of my dragons hatch and are raised with the understanding that they will likely be exalted someday, whether soon or far, and they are rather spoiled by their clan. When they move to another lair, they are proud if exalted, though also appreciate their clan members if they get a more permanent residence.

If any of my dragons are exalted unnamed, I imagine the dragon wants to choose their own name, but remains undecided by the time they are exalted. They remain unnamed so that they can choose their own name as they please, always in control of their own fate.

Do you raise exalt fodder? Train them? Maybe you exalt dragons after a life well lived! Whatever the case, I'd love to hear more people's takes on it!

I'm subscribed, by the way, no need to ping! I can't wait to hear from you!
ddaqy6b-adb2cc06-093c-4478-85b6-ad977801d84e.png
DEATH
DEATH DEATH DEATH
DEATH
DEATH DEATH DEATH
CLICK (not too much or they will die AGAIN) [comment on my FR userpage if my DC dergs are sick]d1lur.gifR6yFn.gif
3Mt6F.gif F9V23.gif MHwW3.gif
Its DeathPhOEnix not DeathPhEOnix.
I just like to think they go off on their own to help the deity.
I just like to think they go off on their own to help the deity.
pokGEpj.png -- fiend - they/them
talk about JSAB
he: an art dump
they became the victim of one of elvira or lune's experiments. rip
NmnOCtZ.jpg
[quote name="DeathPhoenix" date="2019-08-19 15:32:57" ] DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH [/quote] [quote name="Astrophile" date="2019-08-19 15:34:20" ] they became the victim of one of elvira or lune's experiments. rip [/quote] Death and experiments pile +1. In official paperwork they are labeled as "Exalted", in case any inquires are made in their locations, but in actuality are used as specimens and parts in flesh crafting, necromancy, and genetic manipulation experiments. [s]Why they are all called 'SpareParts'.[/s]
DeathPhoenix wrote on 2019-08-19 15:32:57:
DEATH
DEATH DEATH DEATH
Astrophile wrote on 2019-08-19 15:34:20:

Death and experiments pile +1.

In official paperwork they are labeled as "Exalted", in case any inquires are made in their locations, but in actuality are used as specimens and parts in flesh crafting, necromancy, and genetic manipulation experiments. Why they are all called 'SpareParts'.
466w8yC.png
Via Tzafrir
:^( I think they just go work in Stormcatcher's big factory
Nothing special
but also I think the idea of a non-exalted dragon going to visit the factory, and being surprised at all the weird colors, is kind of funny
:^( I think they just go work in Stormcatcher's big factory
Nothing special
but also I think the idea of a non-exalted dragon going to visit the factory, and being surprised at all the weird colors, is kind of funny
basically I have complex exalting lore that is like cannon (it's a high honor, they are serving the deity), but there's some odd things added in. [quote=Cosmos] [center]What exalting means[/center] From what I have been told by the Exalted who are willing to share, all exaltation rituals(though the ritual varies from clan to clan) somehow bond the dragon's soul to that of the deity they are exalted to. They also seem to be similarly connected to all the other dragons exalted to that deity. This connection allows them to "posses" the bodies of other exalted, and this connection remains after the body of the Exalted has died. We do not know for sure that this mental connection exists in the ranks of the Tidelord(ever a mysterious figure, so it's unsurprising his Exalted were unwilling to share) or the Plaugebringer(I never had a chance to talk to any of her Exalted, for the simple reason that everyone I know is terrified of them). However, as I am in a Shadow lair, I managed to have a long talk with a dragon exalted to Shadowbinder about how it works for them. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52479416]Raven[/url], the Exalted in question, told me that there are many Exalted in the "mindspace" of the Shadowbinder whose bodies have been dead for a very long time, and that the those that exist only in the "mindspace" outnumber the number of those connected to bodies. She says that often the bodies of the newly exalted are given to older souls, who are more prepared for the dangers of war. Out of her stories, what interested me most was that she said each soul exalted to the Shadowbinder produced "magic", which was then used for many purposes, including: keeping the bodies of Exalted alive without the use of food, creating unhatched eggs and progenitor dragons, and of course every spell cast by Shadowbinder and her Exalted. [s]I wonder if I could harness this power myself[/s][/quote] (^this is copy-pasted from one of my dragon's bios)
basically I have complex exalting lore that is like cannon (it's a high honor, they are serving the deity), but there's some odd things added in.
Cosmos wrote:
What exalting means
From what I have been told by the Exalted who are willing to share, all exaltation rituals(though the ritual varies from clan to clan) somehow bond the dragon's soul to that of the deity they are exalted to. They also seem to be similarly connected to all the other dragons exalted to that deity. This connection allows them to "posses" the bodies of other exalted, and this connection remains after the body of the Exalted has died. We do not know for sure that this mental connection exists in the ranks of the Tidelord(ever a mysterious figure, so it's unsurprising his Exalted were unwilling to share) or the Plaugebringer(I never had a chance to talk to any of her Exalted, for the simple reason that everyone I know is terrified of them).
However, as I am in a Shadow lair, I managed to have a long talk with a dragon exalted to Shadowbinder about how it works for them. Raven, the Exalted in question, told me that there are many Exalted in the "mindspace" of the Shadowbinder whose bodies have been dead for a very long time, and that the those that exist only in the "mindspace" outnumber the number of those connected to bodies. She says that often the bodies of the newly exalted are given to older souls, who are more prepared for the dangers of war. Out of her stories, what interested me most was that she said each soul exalted to the Shadowbinder produced "magic", which was then used for many purposes, including: keeping the bodies of Exalted alive without the use of food, creating unhatched eggs and progenitor dragons, and of course every spell cast by Shadowbinder and her Exalted. I wonder if I could harness this power myself
(^this is copy-pasted from one of my dragon's bios)
@skarpetky a XXY dragon with matching genes walks in to visit and sees this dragons and is just amazed [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=24&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=28&tertgene=4&winggene=19&wings=25&auth=b246cb7919fc184530ad3677948f84868249a5b7&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@skarpetky a XXY dragon with matching genes walks in to visit and sees this dragons and is just amazed

dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=24&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=28&tertgene=4&winggene=19&wings=25&auth=b246cb7919fc184530ad3677948f84868249a5b7&dummyext=prev.png
ddaqy6b-adb2cc06-093c-4478-85b6-ad977801d84e.png
For my lore, the dragons are just going off to work for the various deities. Their exalt page is like the photo their families have on the shelf of them. They can still communicate with their families, like someone moving to a new city/country for a new job., they just aren't local any more. =D
For my lore, the dragons are just going off to work for the various deities. Their exalt page is like the photo their families have on the shelf of them. They can still communicate with their families, like someone moving to a new city/country for a new job., they just aren't local any more. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
56057241.png56057242.png56086742.png56086743.png.png
I have that dragons can choose to join their deity and serve them (or get asked to by my clan leader) and one instance of a dragon getting murdered and being exalted as a sort of "better place" and to hide the evidence
I have that dragons can choose to join their deity and serve them (or get asked to by my clan leader) and one instance of a dragon getting murdered and being exalted as a sort of "better place" and to hide the evidence
FooterAds.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7