Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Little Lore Chat
1 2 3
@Vegaswaddlez (I've had multiple questions from different people on different threads in different forums about my username pronounciation and it really does scare me
i don't think it has one tbh)
Yup! It's all just how it best suits an individual. And honestly, I hope so too, I tend to put loads of effort even into a 5-minute story and often go too far with it- I should manage lore for somewhat over a hundred dragons fine, so long as I steer clear of the extended metaphors and bad puns!
@Vegaswaddlez (I've had multiple questions from different people on different threads in different forums about my username pronounciation and it really does scare me
i don't think it has one tbh)
Yup! It's all just how it best suits an individual. And honestly, I hope so too, I tend to put loads of effort even into a 5-minute story and often go too far with it- I should manage lore for somewhat over a hundred dragons fine, so long as I steer clear of the extended metaphors and bad puns!
Recently got around to completely redoing and recoding my lore and bios, and for now I've settled on the fact that my lair is a very reluctant "school" for exaltees ("no, we're a [i]training camp[/i]", argues my warriors, "you guys literally teach hatchlings how to read, cook, and do arithmetic", argues my scholars) when the lair as a whole is, in fact, a military force to be reckoned with. For now though, my favorite lore dragon in my clan has to be this guy! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52862168] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528622/52862168_350.png[/img] [/url] He's still a huge work in progress, but I like his story so far and really need to get around to ordering art for him.
Recently got around to completely redoing and recoding my lore and bios, and for now I've settled on the fact that my lair is a very reluctant "school" for exaltees ("no, we're a training camp", argues my warriors, "you guys literally teach hatchlings how to read, cook, and do arithmetic", argues my scholars) when the lair as a whole is, in fact, a military force to be reckoned with.

For now though, my favorite lore dragon in my clan has to be this guy!

52862168_350.png

He's still a huge work in progress, but I like his story so far and really need to get around to ordering art for him.

Ghost/Moon
She/Her | FR+2
xxxxx» Badges
xxxxx» Wishlist
xxxxx» Tumblr
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OlYbolu.pngazCt9EQ.pngyM06S2f.pngnsRz8Lr.png8YkGNAk.pngTSkGETk.pngBcLMO4j.pngzsz0bnG.pngwfMgRKw.pngXXkLSTQ.pngw0IsqjS.gifXXkLSTQ.png2gx7CnC.gifmduBMap.gifWFHePMt.gifJyDJ6GH.gifub6dp2n.pngOlYbolu.png
N51bip4.png

@Shudder
It always sucks to do purges. I had so many that I did have lore for and some with really pretty scries I was hoping to get around to lore for, but I fell out of love with them and keeping them was just a burden on my food. It sucks but I do feel better knowing that my lair is something I know I can work with.

@Zlhzlh (I can confirm it either doesn't have one or my vocal chords are unable to make that noise. I kinda came out with a sound that sounded like golem hissing with a headcold)
Never avoid the puns! Let them rain down like magical... Rain. Oof that metaphor was watery. I love getting carried away with stories, though. So much worldbuilding and character building potential in each one!

@GhostFromTheMoon
Three things. One) That derg is gorgeous and so is his bio formatting. Definitely get all the art. Two) Oh my god I love your writing. Three) Your overall lore canon is really neat! I love the sarcasm you used to describe it too. It seems like a really fun concept to write about!
@Shudder
It always sucks to do purges. I had so many that I did have lore for and some with really pretty scries I was hoping to get around to lore for, but I fell out of love with them and keeping them was just a burden on my food. It sucks but I do feel better knowing that my lair is something I know I can work with.

@Zlhzlh (I can confirm it either doesn't have one or my vocal chords are unable to make that noise. I kinda came out with a sound that sounded like golem hissing with a headcold)
Never avoid the puns! Let them rain down like magical... Rain. Oof that metaphor was watery. I love getting carried away with stories, though. So much worldbuilding and character building potential in each one!

@GhostFromTheMoon
Three things. One) That derg is gorgeous and so is his bio formatting. Definitely get all the art. Two) Oh my god I love your writing. Three) Your overall lore canon is really neat! I love the sarcasm you used to describe it too. It seems like a really fun concept to write about!
vDH0pGc.png
1 2 3