Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Little Lore Chat
1 2 3
I've got lore plans for several dragons to the point of perfection, yet until more of my lair is done, those bios are staying empty. About 5 or 6 dergs have a full-on backstory, several links to others included, maybe 10 or so have well-developed ideas, and the rest have nothing.
Well. That's not including the (currently) 5 dragons who are fandergs of an original au of a game series i love. Eventually there'll be an entire lair of its own there. That lore's pretty polished.
I've got lore plans for several dragons to the point of perfection, yet until more of my lair is done, those bios are staying empty. About 5 or 6 dergs have a full-on backstory, several links to others included, maybe 10 or so have well-developed ideas, and the rest have nothing.
Well. That's not including the (currently) 5 dragons who are fandergs of an original au of a game series i love. Eventually there'll be an entire lair of its own there. That lore's pretty polished.
@Pensacola
I love your lore canon! Just from that little snippet I can tell how in-depth you've gone with every detail. My gosh Soma's lore was amazing to read. I love how the backstory builds and how beautifully it flows. I can't wait to poke around your dergs and read a bit more!

@Shudder
I love the clean bio style, it's so beautiful. Eventually I want to have similar linking in my bios to different dragons and hopefully stories in the future. Personally I made my progen custom the founder. I find it hard to write for either of them, though. They've existed through all of my lore changes and they're the two I find the most difficult to change their personalities on. I've been thinking about leaving them out altogether. Just up to personal preference!
@Pensacola
I love your lore canon! Just from that little snippet I can tell how in-depth you've gone with every detail. My gosh Soma's lore was amazing to read. I love how the backstory builds and how beautifully it flows. I can't wait to poke around your dergs and read a bit more!

@Shudder
I love the clean bio style, it's so beautiful. Eventually I want to have similar linking in my bios to different dragons and hopefully stories in the future. Personally I made my progen custom the founder. I find it hard to write for either of them, though. They've existed through all of my lore changes and they're the two I find the most difficult to change their personalities on. I've been thinking about leaving them out altogether. Just up to personal preference!
vDH0pGc.png
I plan on writing lore of all my permas. It's... going to be a challenge, haha. I also have a clan lore thread, where I will post all the major happenings in my clan. Really need to work on that, haha.
I plan on writing lore of all my permas. It's... going to be a challenge, haha. I also have a clan lore thread, where I will post all the major happenings in my clan. Really need to work on that, haha.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Zlhzlh
I attempted to read you username out loud and failed spectacularly.
I have a similar situation. A lot of my reluctance to write lore came from wanting everything to go up at once, and knowing I fully plan to have a much bigger lair later on. Personally I just decided I'm up for just putting down all of my already solid lore and just changing it up as I go along. Just my personal preference, but I definitely see the appeal of just waiting until more of it is done to form a cohesive story.
@Zlhzlh
I attempted to read you username out loud and failed spectacularly.
I have a similar situation. A lot of my reluctance to write lore came from wanting everything to go up at once, and knowing I fully plan to have a much bigger lair later on. Personally I just decided I'm up for just putting down all of my already solid lore and just changing it up as I go along. Just my personal preference, but I definitely see the appeal of just waiting until more of it is done to form a cohesive story.
vDH0pGc.png
@myriadofstars
I remember you... We were twins at one point. I need to put my hourglass vista back on.
Lore can be challenging though! I've been wanting to make a lore thread as a gimicky directory to my dergs and a place to hold stories. Bios are my first step though, just so I can ease back into writing. I believe you can write all of the lore. I'll cheer you on! *waves pom poms*
@myriadofstars
I remember you... We were twins at one point. I need to put my hourglass vista back on.
Lore can be challenging though! I've been wanting to make a lore thread as a gimicky directory to my dergs and a place to hold stories. Bios are my first step though, just so I can ease back into writing. I believe you can write all of the lore. I'll cheer you on! *waves pom poms*
vDH0pGc.png
@Vegaswaddlez Hey, I remember you too! Didn't recognize your username though, so sorry about that! Thank you, I'll be cheering you on too!^^
@Vegaswaddlez Hey, I remember you too! Didn't recognize your username though, so sorry about that! Thank you, I'll be cheering you on too!^^
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Vegaswaddlez
Thank you; I really like the simplicity, so relaxing to look at. I think my progen is being so difficult to tie in because I don't head-canon them as existing in the same space. So he's just there, alone. Blank. Maybe he can be the founder of the other odd ones out. :^)
@Vegaswaddlez
Thank you; I really like the simplicity, so relaxing to look at. I think my progen is being so difficult to tie in because I don't head-canon them as existing in the same space. So he's just there, alone. Blank. Maybe he can be the founder of the other odd ones out. :^)
3PrXk2A.png
@Vegaswaddlez (why does absolutely everyone say that about my username, you're all scaring me)
I tried to put in some notes the other day, but felt that was too much like stalling, and I don't wanna write everything out in one dragon and to have so much lore connected to another one with a spotless bio. Maybe it is better not to just to procrastinate until it's all already drafted in my head, but I can't see myself doing it your way. Every person to their own way, I guess!
@Vegaswaddlez (why does absolutely everyone say that about my username, you're all scaring me)
I tried to put in some notes the other day, but felt that was too much like stalling, and I don't wanna write everything out in one dragon and to have so much lore connected to another one with a spotless bio. Maybe it is better not to just to procrastinate until it's all already drafted in my head, but I can't see myself doing it your way. Every person to their own way, I guess!
@myriadofstars
Don't be sorry at all! Nice to talk to you again. ^^

@Shudder (well first off congrats on 666 forum posts)
I get that feeling a lot. I had a group of dergs I recently purged because I didn't feel like they really fit with what I was trying to build. Maybe he's out there somewhere with a giant paintbrush painting the world into existence.

@Zlhzlh (PFFF sorry. It was just something I saw and I decided 'yeah... I wanna try and make this into a verbal sound.' It provided me great amusement.)
I definitely feel that! As long as you're enjoying what you do and get there in the end, the method if up to personal preference. I hope it turns out how you want in the end! ^^
@myriadofstars
Don't be sorry at all! Nice to talk to you again. ^^

@Shudder (well first off congrats on 666 forum posts)
I get that feeling a lot. I had a group of dergs I recently purged because I didn't feel like they really fit with what I was trying to build. Maybe he's out there somewhere with a giant paintbrush painting the world into existence.

@Zlhzlh (PFFF sorry. It was just something I saw and I decided 'yeah... I wanna try and make this into a verbal sound.' It provided me great amusement.)
I definitely feel that! As long as you're enjoying what you do and get there in the end, the method if up to personal preference. I hope it turns out how you want in the end! ^^
vDH0pGc.png
@Vegaswaddlez
(hah, I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned!)
Ugh, I can't imagine. I've been browbeating myself into keeping only a handful of permas since I joined. The thought of purging groups of them is so unpleasant to me. So kudos to you.
@Vegaswaddlez
(hah, I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned!)
Ugh, I can't imagine. I've been browbeating myself into keeping only a handful of permas since I joined. The thought of purging groups of them is so unpleasant to me. So kudos to you.
3PrXk2A.png
1 2 3