Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where are people getting so many gems?
1 2 3
Selling stuff in gems, not buying stuff with gems - unless it's an investment like WC scrolls.
Selling stuff in gems, not buying stuff with gems - unless it's an investment like WC scrolls.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Zlhzlh" date="2019-08-19 10:44:59" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2019-08-19 10:09:26" ] I find comfort in tedious tasks.. others often don't like tedious tasks, so they buy my tedious task items. [/quote] wow this is me maybe not here so much, but... my biggest source of income is normally fest currency and apparel. whether it's trading currency for items I want, selling the fest apparel en masse right after the fest, selling pure currency, or just getting rid of all the food/familiars/junk loot I picked up in the Coli, i normally make a decent profit depending in how much time i threw into the coli. i think my best is a good 800g off apparel alone, last starfall. [/quote] Buying fodder apparel/familiars and price checking it is freeeeaaaaking tedious, but it really pays. I melt what's not worth listing. People really hate price checking items one by one. I bought a boatload of fest current 5 for 1G last week.. it'll sell for a fortune when the correct fest comes around. Patience makes a lot of money.
Zlhzlh wrote on 2019-08-19 10:44:59:
SCB wrote on 2019-08-19 10:09:26:
I find comfort in tedious tasks.. others often don't like tedious tasks, so they buy my tedious task items.
wow this is me
maybe not here so much, but...

my biggest source of income is normally fest currency and apparel. whether it's trading currency for items I want, selling the fest apparel en masse right after the fest, selling pure currency, or just getting rid of all the food/familiars/junk loot I picked up in the Coli, i normally make a decent profit depending in how much time i threw into the coli. i think my best is a good 800g off apparel alone, last starfall.
Buying fodder apparel/familiars and price checking it is freeeeaaaaking tedious, but it really pays. I melt what's not worth listing. People really hate price checking items one by one.

I bought a boatload of fest current 5 for 1G last week.. it'll sell for a fortune when the correct fest comes around. Patience makes a lot of money.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
It helps that there's a big enough population on this site to purchase or earn gems in-game from the game. That makes for a big pool to accumulate from.

Here there's 1g for the well-fed bonus every day, infrequent gems from exalting, familiar chests to get a fairly regular amount of gems from and a very large and active userbase. For people who are actively trading/playing to accumulate gems there's a lot out there that's pretty free-flowing.

By constantly favoring gems over treasure to save it's amazing how much a single person can acquire.
It helps that there's a big enough population on this site to purchase or earn gems in-game from the game. That makes for a big pool to accumulate from.

Here there's 1g for the well-fed bonus every day, infrequent gems from exalting, familiar chests to get a fairly regular amount of gems from and a very large and active userbase. For people who are actively trading/playing to accumulate gems there's a lot out there that's pretty free-flowing.

By constantly favoring gems over treasure to save it's amazing how much a single person can acquire.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
The chests really spit out crazy amounts when you think about it.
The chests really spit out crazy amounts when you think about it.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
art sales babeyyy

also being insanely frugal. i'm like halfway to a light sprite, not because i want one, but because spending money on anything ever makes me anxious hgnkfjbngf,,,
art sales babeyyy

also being insanely frugal. i'm like halfway to a light sprite, not because i want one, but because spending money on anything ever makes me anxious hgnkfjbngf,,,
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
I can't say myself, but a friend of mine has been able to make enough gems to buy several familiars which are upwards of 10kg. When I asked them, they informed me that they participate in almost every way there is to make money - Coliseum, Baldwin, Gathering, Flipping, Selling, Fairgrounds, they do it all. That, and they frequently convert their currency between treasure and gems with other users on the site who run currency exchange shops.

She's not an artist, so doesn't have that avenue of currency, but it can be very lucrative. As others have mentioned being a method, she is incredibly frugal. I don't believe she's bought anything frivolous except her familiars, and would probably be far poorer if she had the same number of dragons and projects I did.
I can't say myself, but a friend of mine has been able to make enough gems to buy several familiars which are upwards of 10kg. When I asked them, they informed me that they participate in almost every way there is to make money - Coliseum, Baldwin, Gathering, Flipping, Selling, Fairgrounds, they do it all. That, and they frequently convert their currency between treasure and gems with other users on the site who run currency exchange shops.

She's not an artist, so doesn't have that avenue of currency, but it can be very lucrative. As others have mentioned being a method, she is incredibly frugal. I don't believe she's bought anything frivolous except her familiars, and would probably be far poorer if she had the same number of dragons and projects I did.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
If you're an active exalter, food from the coli piles up into stacks quickly. Sell that stuff for g and you're golden. Even if you can only get like 10g/stack, it really does add up quickly! I've never bought gems and am currently sitting on ~30kg, and most of it's come from selling food.

Also, during pushes, flights will sometimes offer to buy your fodder for gems. The gem fodder market has a lot less competition than the treasure one, so it's easier to snipe and level for a profit.

There's also lots of g to be earned during fests through selling Baldwin mats, and some mad lads who can keep up with whatever the heck the gene market is doing buy genes in bulk from Dom shops and resell for G, making a pretty decent profit.
If you're an active exalter, food from the coli piles up into stacks quickly. Sell that stuff for g and you're golden. Even if you can only get like 10g/stack, it really does add up quickly! I've never bought gems and am currently sitting on ~30kg, and most of it's come from selling food.

Also, during pushes, flights will sometimes offer to buy your fodder for gems. The gem fodder market has a lot less competition than the treasure one, so it's easier to snipe and level for a profit.

There's also lots of g to be earned during fests through selling Baldwin mats, and some mad lads who can keep up with whatever the heck the gene market is doing buy genes in bulk from Dom shops and resell for G, making a pretty decent profit.
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
selling purple sludge >:3
selling purple sludge >:3
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
The first (and only) time I earned a decent amount of gems was by purchasing multi gaze with matchy colors and geneing up Gaolers when they were brand spanking new. Made probably about 1k gems that way? Though it wasn't the fastest.
The first (and only) time I earned a decent amount of gems was by purchasing multi gaze with matchy colors and geneing up Gaolers when they were brand spanking new. Made probably about 1k gems that way? Though it wasn't the fastest.
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
[quote name="Welgan" date="2019-08-19 09:38:29" ] Also some people are artists and can received great amount of gems for one piece or they can make a lot of money while selling a lot of art to people who would by them for a reasonable price, but the sum of it will be great [/quote] yeah the price of commissions varies wildly from person to person also vaulting currency for a long time helps
Welgan wrote on 2019-08-19 09:38:29:
Also some people are artists and can received great amount of gems for one piece or they can make a lot of money while selling a lot of art to people who would by them for a reasonable price, but the sum of it will be great

yeah the price of commissions varies wildly from person to person

also vaulting currency for a long time helps
1 2 3