Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i want to hear your stories
1 2 3 4 5
One time, I needed to remove Circuit from a dragon - eventually planning on giving him a new tert, but none were quite right, so for now I was just removing Circuit.
My brain: "Okay for Circuit I need a Remove Gene: Primary"
So I started stalking the MP for the scroll. I'm pretty sure I passed up a couple of tert removal scrolls while I reloaded every so often for a good 20-30 minutes for the primary scroll that I "needed". I finally found one and bought it. I went to my hoard, found it, stared at it for a moment, before finally realizing "...wait no".
This was not me misreading the Remove Gene scroll or not knowing which gene slot was which - I just derped and for some reason was temporarily convinced that Circuit needed a Primary gene scroll.

I did sell the RGP scroll on the AH and made like 10kT profit off it though so I guess there's that.
One time, I needed to remove Circuit from a dragon - eventually planning on giving him a new tert, but none were quite right, so for now I was just removing Circuit.
My brain: "Okay for Circuit I need a Remove Gene: Primary"
So I started stalking the MP for the scroll. I'm pretty sure I passed up a couple of tert removal scrolls while I reloaded every so often for a good 20-30 minutes for the primary scroll that I "needed". I finally found one and bought it. I went to my hoard, found it, stared at it for a moment, before finally realizing "...wait no".
This was not me misreading the Remove Gene scroll or not knowing which gene slot was which - I just derped and for some reason was temporarily convinced that Circuit needed a Primary gene scroll.

I did sell the RGP scroll on the AH and made like 10kT profit off it though so I guess there's that.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[color=darkmagenta]i found a python in my hoard once and I freaked out thinking that someone had hacked into my account. I was still a newbie at the time but I never realized the coli can drop genes haha [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
i found a python in my hoard once and I freaked out thinking that someone had hacked into my account. I was still a newbie at the time but I never realized the coli can drop genes haha
bVzIUfv.png
I was posting on one of those "favorite dragon of the user above you" threads. My favorite dragon happened to be exalt fodder. The user sent me the dragon. He's still in my lair.
I was posting on one of those "favorite dragon of the user above you" threads. My favorite dragon happened to be exalt fodder. The user sent me the dragon. He's still in my lair.
LxbWmll.png
I once had one of my wildclaw pairs wegg me, and when the nest hatched it was a faceted male wildclaw. Fiesta became a token of luck to me and I spoiled him a bit.

Then, later on, another pair of wildclaws wegged me. That egg hatched a faceted male wildclaw. Skellebro is also a token of luck to me and I love him.

Both Fiesta and Skellebro are symbols of luck and I welcome players to visit them if they need a luck boost :)
I once had one of my wildclaw pairs wegg me, and when the nest hatched it was a faceted male wildclaw. Fiesta became a token of luck to me and I spoiled him a bit.

Then, later on, another pair of wildclaws wegged me. That egg hatched a faceted male wildclaw. Skellebro is also a token of luck to me and I love him.

Both Fiesta and Skellebro are symbols of luck and I welcome players to visit them if they need a luck boost :)
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
I just thought of two recent happenings, both involving the Boreal Wood revamp: Right when the revamp happened I went into the Coli and two Wooly Walruses came at my dragons. One dropped as a familiar after the battle [emoji=nocturne scared size=2] I've been on this site for 5 years and have been trying to get my own Poultighost every time I fight in the BW, with no luck. Now that the revamp happened... I've gotten 2.
I just thought of two recent happenings, both involving the Boreal Wood revamp:

Right when the revamp happened I went into the Coli and two Wooly Walruses came at my dragons. One dropped as a familiar after the battle

I've been on this site for 5 years and have been trying to get my own Poultighost every time I fight in the BW, with no luck. Now that the revamp happened... I've gotten 2.
FooterAds.gif
I have cursed breeding project fathers. One cranks out special eyes. The other gave me two sets of twins straight from a horror movie (and now a primal child from Plague so yay keep up the horror movie theme my dude, you're still cursed).

How were the twins horror movie material, you may ask? Well, they were the same gender, same eye type, same colors, and the only two in the nest. His very next nest was exactly the same situation, but instead of two Violet ladies, I got two silver girls. Kinda wish I'd kept them, but I needed space and didn't have enough in my HD, so Plaguemom can enjoy the shining twins instead. Keeping the special eyes, though (since I have the room now XD).
I have cursed breeding project fathers. One cranks out special eyes. The other gave me two sets of twins straight from a horror movie (and now a primal child from Plague so yay keep up the horror movie theme my dude, you're still cursed).

How were the twins horror movie material, you may ask? Well, they were the same gender, same eye type, same colors, and the only two in the nest. His very next nest was exactly the same situation, but instead of two Violet ladies, I got two silver girls. Kinda wish I'd kept them, but I needed space and didn't have enough in my HD, so Plaguemom can enjoy the shining twins instead. Keeping the special eyes, though (since I have the room now XD).
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
I once had a generous idea of lending dragons for others to breed with, and then send back my dear dragons. Not fully understanding that some people have no sense of respect and decency before quitting the game altogether and leaving my dragons to die in their rotting lairs, I once lent 7 of my dragons to around 3/4 people who, you guessed it, let them caged for all eternity in their clans. Now it's a sad part of the lore of my Clan :( thankfully all of them had children or siblings to carry on the family legacies and "avenge" their memory.
I once had a generous idea of lending dragons for others to breed with, and then send back my dear dragons. Not fully understanding that some people have no sense of respect and decency before quitting the game altogether and leaving my dragons to die in their rotting lairs, I once lent 7 of my dragons to around 3/4 people who, you guessed it, let them caged for all eternity in their clans. Now it's a sad part of the lore of my Clan :( thankfully all of them had children or siblings to carry on the family legacies and "avenge" their memory.
QFXpYkj.png
*starts grinning* SO this one time I went into the Wind Auction House, for no reason other than I was bored, and checked the familiars tab. I thought to myself, "Hm, I wonder what the most expensive familiar in here is right now?" So of course, I check, and what do I find? A Tradewinds Gull priced at over a million treasure or something (I don't remember the price, this was over a year ago). And I was like "Who the heck" and checked the person who put it up for sale, and checked out their profile page and whatever. Saw something about RPing, and at the time I had been trying to (gently) force myself to interact with people more, and I was really interested in RPing, so I sent this person a message inquiring about it. That is the story of how I met my absolute best friend. An overpriced [item=Tradewinds Gull] And now Tradewinds Gulls will forever have a special place in my heart.
*starts grinning*

SO this one time I went into the Wind Auction House, for no reason other than I was bored, and checked the familiars tab. I thought to myself, "Hm, I wonder what the most expensive familiar in here is right now?" So of course, I check, and what do I find? A Tradewinds Gull priced at over a million treasure or something (I don't remember the price, this was over a year ago).

And I was like "Who the heck" and checked the person who put it up for sale, and checked out their profile page and whatever. Saw something about RPing, and at the time I had been trying to (gently) force myself to interact with people more, and I was really interested in RPing, so I sent this person a message inquiring about it.

That is the story of how I met my absolute best friend.

An overpriced Tradewinds Gull

And now Tradewinds Gulls will forever have a special place in my heart.
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
I exalted my random progen because I was an idiot noob. Thankfully fr let us get them back.

To replace her I got a g1 though, who is my psuedo-random progen. Glad I got a g1 way back when.
I exalted my random progen because I was an idiot noob. Thankfully fr let us get them back.

To replace her I got a g1 though, who is my psuedo-random progen. Glad I got a g1 way back when.
Flight Rep Time:

Lightning|Water|Plague|Wind

Or browse some Old Oaks for sale?
Every year I hatch a gen1 for my birthday. My second year doing this, I got a dragon who was alright, but I wasn't super in love. The time came where I needed more lair space, and though I didn't want to let him go, because I wasn't attached I sold him. Cue like half a year later, and I'm sniping fodder in the AH for a dom battle. I go to check out what I got and in the pile was [i]my exact same gen1 birthday dragon[/i]. He became a pearlcatcher while he was gone, but somehow he still found his way home to me! Meet Kris, the prodigal son: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28805678] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/288057/28805678_350.png[/img] [/url] (he still needs skink and noxtide but he'll be perfect one day)
Every year I hatch a gen1 for my birthday. My second year doing this, I got a dragon who was alright, but I wasn't super in love. The time came where I needed more lair space, and though I didn't want to let him go, because I wasn't attached I sold him.
Cue like half a year later, and I'm sniping fodder in the AH for a dom battle. I go to check out what I got and in the pile was my exact same gen1 birthday dragon. He became a pearlcatcher while he was gone, but somehow he still found his way home to me!
Meet Kris, the prodigal son:

28805678_350.png

(he still needs skink and noxtide but he'll be perfect one day)
by-Joydom-FR.png
1 2 3 4 5