Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Nature's Bi-Wizard Tournament
1 2 3 4 5
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401026013196189699/600326949763678208/image0.gif[/img] Day 2 Lore was great!
image0.gif

Day 2 Lore was great!
HnHWvPl.png
[center][img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelplessDeepDogwoodclubgall-max-1mb.gif[/img] Let's go Nature![/center]
HelplessDeepDogwoodclubgall-max-1mb.gif

Let's go Nature!
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401026013196189699/600509054649106495/image0.gif[/img][/center]
image0.gif
HnHWvPl.png
[center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/dn12b0TGWufPpdoSTv/giphy.gif[/img][/center]
giphy.gif
|he/him|FR +0|
Feel free to PM, I don't bite!
[center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/xYlX7XIzFEG7S/giphy.gif[/img]
giphy.gif
I think I need to step my gif game up for this battle
I think I need to step my gif game up for this battle
HnHWvPl.png
[center][size=1]@blue1dragon @BlackSherruk @Catkinstarchild @Biyu @DraigTeg @NlCKname @kvon @MessengerDragon [/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3X7dNsX.png[/img] [columns] [indent] [nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gMRBiAW04PyQ33WWgZU0DB3g3DLxvEPfUnk6Oe7HrRw/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. [/font][/size] [nextcol] [indent] [/columns] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39820851]>> Day One Lore <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39823590]>> Day Two Lore <<[/url][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/EffxLbg.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] Celebrations in the Animalia Common Room lasted well into the night. With everyone pitching in, there had been no shortage of snacks and a free flow of Majorica's Magic Syrup (extra sugary to keep the party going). Rosie found herself giving dozens upon dozens of accounts on her encounter with Galore, but stories had a habit of taking on a life of their own and as soon as she caught wind of the exaggerations starting to make their rounds things began to lose their luster. No, it hadn't been a confounding charm or a laughing spell or a truth potion that had secured her win. Determination was what saw her through and, not a little, inspiration taken from the other hopefuls. Someone had started a dramatic reenactment of her trial when Rosie decided that she no longer had a place at the party. While she wouldn't stomp all over everyone's good spirits, Rosie knew that she had the next task to worry about. The fact that she managed to slip out unnoticed (Imperials could never sneak anywhere) was a compliment to the party planner. Rosie walked the silent hallways, the object she had won from Galore in a sling around her long neck. She had decided to take her worries to the Dining Hall, probably empty at this hour, and sulk but a light tinkling sound caught her attention. A faerie dressed as pink as her mane touched down on the tip of her nose, just long enough to get her attention but did not linger long enough to make her go crossed eyed looking at it. With a trail of sparkling dust, the faerie leads her down the third-floor landing and to an ordinary looking door. No prizes in guessing who wanted to see her, but Rosie got a surprise when she realized that she was alone. "Give Professor Verdant my thanks, please." She murmured to the retreating back of the faerie. The room she found herself in was small, decorated with tapestries from all four Houses. Bookshelves lined the walls, and a fireplace stood empty. All in all, it was a comfortable room though rather lonely in its vast emptiness. Rosie curled up among the cushions and was untying the object from its sling when she heard the sounds of argument and the approach of footfalls. "We can't all be heading to the same area! That's absurd!" "Shade take your calculations Valence! It's not as if-" Rosie stared as three other bodies piled into the room, but it was Ancordia who broke the long silence that had promptly settled. "Verdant told me that this was where I could claim the confiscated fireworks." "The [i]Professor[i]" BlueRiverRose snapped, "Told [i]me[/i] that there was a Plantae Prefects meeting in this room!" "He said [i]I[/i] could collect his tomes on the evolution of vines here," Valence added from the back of the group, his eyes narrowing in Rosie's direction. "What are [i]you[/i] doing here?" "To ponder." The others had been on her mind as much as her tasks. They all had their strengths, maybe if they combined all their efforts, it could lead to something worthwhile. "This is from the first trial." She continued, swallowing her pride to ask for help. Obviously Professor Verdant had gathered them, but it was up to her to make things work. "I think its an egg, but I could be wrong." Rosie watched in dismay as both Ancordia and Valence began to turn away, but BlueRiverRose's tail flashed out to shut the door. "I can see the writing on the wall, so to speak. We should work together. Come on Valence you know that statistically, four heads are better than one. And Ancordia this-" "This could be entertaining." The Mirror finished and slunk forward plucking the object from Rosie's grasp and holding it gently in her claws. She sang to it, thrilling high notes and then low bass ones but nothing happened. "It's certainly egg-shaped. Have you considered" a thoughtful pause, "Throwing it?" As BlueRiverRose approached to begin a discussion of egg-related recipes Valence went to the bookshelves. He lingered there, pulling out tome after tome of what he deemed to be useful. Balancing the stack proved to be tricky, and as he moved to set things down, he accidentally stepped on Ancordia's tail. The Mirror hissed loudly, the sight of her flashing fangs would have been intimidating were it not for the fact that everyone's attention was snared by the light webbing of cracks that spread across the surface of the egg. "Do that again!" "Do not step on my tail!" "No! Just hiss!" In the end, they got a fire going so as not to tax Ancordia. All four watched as the constant hissing and spitting of fire made more and more cracks appear. And then it broke, and a piece of parchment slithered out. Rosie picked it up gingerly. [i]"I slither in the silence In the shadows, out of sight My hood a tell-tale warning That you should know to fear my bite."[/i] She read, looking at the faces of her other companions. Judging by the myriad of worried expressions, all of them had come to the same conclusion. "An Onyx cobra? You'll have to fight those? That's too easy, isn't it? Unless they mean-" "Gembond? No one's ever found a full cure. Not since Ulster the dour's partial-" "But that was so long ago sarcasm hadn't been invented yet! You'll see when you read his thesis. In all this time no one and I mean no one has attempted to pick his research up. It's that dry and outdated!" Rosie sighed and drew herself up again. "Then we have to be prepared. Pool together all we know on Onyx cobras and Ulster's research." It was going to be a long night. [nextcol][indent][/columns] [center][font=arial][size=2]Much thanks to @[i][/i]onemessyperson for today's lore! Also much thanks to Arcane's @[i][/i]MythicalViper for the poem![/center]

3X7dNsX.png

If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list here.

EffxLbg.png

Celebrations in the Animalia Common Room lasted well into the night. With everyone pitching in, there had been no shortage of snacks and a free flow of Majorica's Magic Syrup (extra sugary to keep the party going). Rosie found herself giving dozens upon dozens of accounts on her encounter with Galore, but stories had a habit of taking on a life of their own and as soon as she caught wind of the exaggerations starting to make their rounds things began to lose their luster. No, it hadn't been a confounding charm or a laughing spell or a truth potion that had secured her win. Determination was what saw her through and, not a little, inspiration taken from the other hopefuls. Someone had started a dramatic reenactment of her trial when Rosie decided that she no longer had a place at the party. While she wouldn't stomp all over everyone's good spirits, Rosie knew that she had the next task to worry about.

The fact that she managed to slip out unnoticed (Imperials could never sneak anywhere) was a compliment to the party planner. Rosie walked the silent hallways, the object she had won from Galore in a sling around her long neck. She had decided to take her worries to the Dining Hall, probably empty at this hour, and sulk but a light tinkling sound caught her attention. A faerie dressed as pink as her mane touched down on the tip of her nose, just long enough to get her attention but did not linger long enough to make her go crossed eyed looking at it. With a trail of sparkling dust, the faerie leads her down the third-floor landing and to an ordinary looking door. No prizes in guessing who wanted to see her, but Rosie got a surprise when she realized that she was alone.

"Give Professor Verdant my thanks, please." She murmured to the retreating back of the faerie. The room she found herself in was small, decorated with tapestries from all four Houses. Bookshelves lined the walls, and a fireplace stood empty. All in all, it was a comfortable room though rather lonely in its vast emptiness. Rosie curled up among the cushions and was untying the object from its sling when she heard the sounds of argument and the approach of footfalls.

"We can't all be heading to the same area! That's absurd!"

"Shade take your calculations Valence! It's not as if-"

Rosie stared as three other bodies piled into the room, but it was Ancordia who broke the long silence that had promptly settled. "Verdant told me that this was where I could claim the confiscated fireworks."

"The Professor" BlueRiverRose snapped, "Told me that there was a Plantae Prefects meeting in this room!"

"He said I could collect his tomes on the evolution of vines here," Valence added from the back of the group, his eyes narrowing in Rosie's direction. "What are you doing here?"

"To ponder." The others had been on her mind as much as her tasks. They all had their strengths, maybe if they combined all their efforts, it could lead to something worthwhile. "This is from the first trial." She continued, swallowing her pride to ask for help. Obviously Professor Verdant had gathered them, but it was up to her to make things work. "I think its an egg, but I could be wrong." Rosie watched in dismay as both Ancordia and Valence began to turn away, but BlueRiverRose's tail flashed out to shut the door.

"I can see the writing on the wall, so to speak. We should work together. Come on Valence you know that statistically, four heads are better than one. And Ancordia this-"

"This could be entertaining." The Mirror finished and slunk forward plucking the object from Rosie's grasp and holding it gently in her claws. She sang to it, thrilling high notes and then low bass ones but nothing happened. "It's certainly egg-shaped. Have you considered" a thoughtful pause, "Throwing it?"

As BlueRiverRose approached to begin a discussion of egg-related recipes Valence went to the bookshelves. He lingered there, pulling out tome after tome of what he deemed to be useful. Balancing the stack proved to be tricky, and as he moved to set things down, he accidentally stepped on Ancordia's tail. The Mirror hissed loudly, the sight of her flashing fangs would have been intimidating were it not for the fact that everyone's attention was snared by the light webbing of cracks that spread across the surface of the egg.

"Do that again!"

"Do not step on my tail!"

"No! Just hiss!"

In the end, they got a fire going so as not to tax Ancordia. All four watched as the constant hissing and spitting of fire made more and more cracks appear. And then it broke, and a piece of parchment slithered out. Rosie picked it up gingerly.

"I slither in the silence
In the shadows, out of sight
My hood a tell-tale warning
That you should know to fear my bite."

She read, looking at the faces of her other companions. Judging by the myriad of worried expressions, all of them had come to the same conclusion.

"An Onyx cobra? You'll have to fight those? That's too easy, isn't it? Unless they mean-"

"Gembond? No one's ever found a full cure. Not since Ulster the dour's partial-"

"But that was so long ago sarcasm hadn't been invented yet! You'll see when you read his thesis. In all this time no one and I mean no one has attempted to pick his research up. It's that dry and outdated!"

Rosie sighed and drew herself up again. "Then we have to be prepared. Pool together all we know on Onyx cobras and Ulster's research."

It was going to be a long night.

Much thanks to @onemessyperson for today's lore!
Also much thanks to Arcane's @MythicalViper for the poem!

3ckfYea.png 5o4JeLs.png unyXMRE.png
Just got a chance to read Day 3 lore! Its fabulous!
And a really god job on the poem!
Just got a chance to read Day 3 lore! Its fabulous!
And a really god job on the poem!
HnHWvPl.png
I just wanted to pop in to say how obsessed I am with the theme, everything looks and is running along great. Thank you to all who put in their dedication and efforts.
I just wanted to pop in to say how obsessed I am with the theme, everything looks and is running along great. Thank you to all who put in their dedication and efforts.
69.png5M9CHlS.gif9WYyCMK.pngvLASaL9.png84.png
[center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/RlOwVBqQRrNWU/giphy.gif[/img][/center]
giphy.gif
8207ab1fe071b5944512ff194142b80c.pngHatchery / Subspecies / 1UhVF.gif DC
1 2 3 4 5