Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Wind Dom] - Sky Racing Extravaganza
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Lallie Can you put me on the daily story pinglist too please?
@Lallie Can you put me on the daily story pinglist too please?
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
@Serilda for reference ;-)
@Serilda for reference ;-)
1WDkW5k.jpg
Happy Canada Day wheee
Happy Canada Day wheee
Bk78Myp.png Z3T662y.png FF
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Less Talk, More Action[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]Starfall Isle shone beautiful in the early morning light. The announcer woke from a sleep-addled grog to clamber the start pole. Already the flyers had assumed their positions. Mitzi chose instead to be between Lillian and Alietum, offering them both a smile. Alietum grinned back at her, adjusting his goggles. “My dear Moira,” He began, clearing his throat and flapping his wings. “Though you may have performed...somewhat able, in yesterday’s race, I implore you not to let one small victory get to your head.” “My name is Mitzi,” Mitzi corrected, though not with malice. “And I will try my best. Are you looking forward to the race, you two?” Lillian breathed a quiet huff. But Alietum chuckled, snout turned skyward and claw to chest. “I am looking forward to winning, Mable.” “Mitzi.” “Right,” Alietum waved his claws. Lillian spotted the announcer and prepared herself, the other two following suit behind her. The announcer clung to the megaphone, picking out strands of loose fabric. “Good morning all and welcome to the third day of Skyracing! I hope you all slept well for another exciting adventure ahead! Today’s race will not only be on finishing, but on flair! Added points will be awarded to the racers who can provide grace and style alongside their flight skill!” Alietum grinned at the two others, chuckling to himself. “Well, well,” He uttered, feeling smug. “Looks like we all know who the clear winner will be.” “Less talk and more action,” Lillian retorted rather sharply, catching Mitzi and Alietum off guard. The announcer waved over the trumpets and beamed, the crowd beginning to raise in volume. “On the sound of the trumpets, the racers will be off! I wish you all the best of luck, and watch out for the Reaches!” The announcer waved, the trumpets sounded and the flyers sprung forth, leaving behind the remainder of the Icefields in a flurry of wind. Alietum lived up to his breed, dancing through the blustering wind in meticulous flutters, weaving between Lillian and Mitzi in taunt before darting off ahead. Mitzi chose to corkscrew forward, while Lillian favoured instead balancing her pearl on her back with extreme stillness. “All flyers have come from the starting line already eager to show off their skills! Alietum manages to combine agility with gracefulness, while Mitzi cuts through the wind with aerodynamic precision, and Lillian displays her rigid fortitude and balance! It truly is a sight to behold!” Alietum glided through the Crystalspine Reaches, drawing himself close to their spikes to purposely avoid them, body arched and goading danger much to the astonishment of the following crowd. Mitzi squeezed herself through the smallest of spaces, competing with Lillian’s sharp twists and turns, all while maintaining the balance of the pearl upon her back. Alietum was first to reach the focal point, grazing the long grass with his outstretched claws, admiring the sight of greenery. Lillian took the chance to speed by him, rolling out of the way of floating chunks of land, the momentum keeping the pearl from dropping. “Another amazing display of total control from Lillian!” Roared the announcer to a growing chorus of cheers. The finish point resided at the very cusp of Earth’s Shattered Plains. The distant visage of the domain appeared before the three, and they began to square in on finishing the third leg. Mitzi writhed around the floating debris revolving in twisting spirals around the Focal Point, Lillian skirting each sharp, magically imbued object while keeping the pearl nested in the crook of her back. The closing spires of the Reaches were upon them, like the open maw of a colossal dragon waiting to snap shut. Alietum sped through them, the land beneath him giving way to marvellous blue sea. The advantage in distance between him and Lillian gave him hope that despite lacking in her speed he could still pull through unhindered. Mitzi remained close on his tail, and once Lillian had cleared the Reaches she turned her focus to speed, pearl rolled back into her clutches for safekeeping, no longer interested in scoring further points. Alietum elegantly soared between the finish posts, coming to a sturdy land and trotting to a slow halt, beaming with pride at his success. Lillian followed doggedly after him, Mitzi plopping herself down last. “Alietum has won the third day’s race!” The announcer called. Alietum lapped up the cheers around him, offering them a self-satisfied grin. He turned to Lillian. “What was that about ‘less talk, more action’?” He chuckled. Lillian bristled, refusing to butt heads with him and stormed off to rest elsewhere. “What a fantastic race today, ladies and gentledragons!” The announcer cried, brimming with energy. “But of course, there are still points to be awarded! Let me tell you all, scoring became neck and neck; all of our bravest flyers endeavoured to show us just how practised their flying capabilities truly are!” Mitzi passed by Alietum, and offered him a smile. “You did really well out there,” She complimented. “I know I did,” Alietum chuckled. “Did you not see me? I was a magnificent creature, one with the sky.” Mitzi nodded, and left to congratulate Lillian. Lillian did not look up at her, laying on the Plains’s barren, arid dirt to recuperate. Mitzi plopped herself down beside her, tail curling up around her legs. “...You really are talented,” Mitzi laughed. “I hope I’m giving you a challenge out there.” Lillian huffed, looking up at Mitzi in a quiet glance, before turning her head. The announcer gathered the attention of the crowd, after a moment to assess the scoring. “In first place for the technicality round...” The announcer called. “...Alietum!” He bubbled with pride, standing to bow his head low for the grace of all to see. “In second, Mitzi, and third, Lillian! Rest well everyone, we have an exciting day ahead of us!” Lillian’s mood soured further. Mitzi could not comfort her as she wanted, but all three looked forward to the next leg, where all could change in the blink of an eye. The announcer peeked past the rim of his megaphone, spotting in the distance an ominous cloud, pulling a face at it. “Looks like rain.” [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Daily Badge[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing. If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing[/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Tuesday[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/SnddRnL/watch.gif[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/SnddRnL/watch.gif[/img][/url][/code] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][font=Georgia]@Deladria @Ramiella @Greyscales @Aelfrey @DarkWolf133 @Glykon @October @Etuisen @Yoaisami @Scurvy @almarose @elmlily [/center]
Divider-Small.png
Less Talk, More Action

Starfall Isle shone beautiful in the early morning light. The announcer woke from a sleep-addled grog to clamber the start pole. Already the flyers had assumed their positions. Mitzi chose instead to be between Lillian and Alietum, offering them both a smile. Alietum grinned back at her, adjusting his goggles.

“My dear Moira,” He began, clearing his throat and flapping his wings. “Though you may have performed...somewhat able, in yesterday’s race, I implore you not to let one small victory get to your head.”

“My name is Mitzi,” Mitzi corrected, though not with malice. “And I will try my best. Are you looking forward to the race, you two?”

Lillian breathed a quiet huff. But Alietum chuckled, snout turned skyward and claw to chest.

“I am looking forward to winning, Mable.”

“Mitzi.”

“Right,” Alietum waved his claws. Lillian spotted the announcer and prepared herself, the other two following suit behind her. The announcer clung to the megaphone, picking out strands of loose fabric.

“Good morning all and welcome to the third day of Skyracing! I hope you all slept well for another exciting adventure ahead! Today’s race will not only be on finishing, but on flair! Added points will be awarded to the racers who can provide grace and style alongside their flight skill!”

Alietum grinned at the two others, chuckling to himself.

“Well, well,” He uttered, feeling smug. “Looks like we all know who the clear winner will be.”

“Less talk and more action,” Lillian retorted rather sharply, catching Mitzi and Alietum off guard. The announcer waved over the trumpets and beamed, the crowd beginning to raise in volume.

“On the sound of the trumpets, the racers will be off! I wish you all the best of luck, and watch out for the Reaches!”

The announcer waved, the trumpets sounded and the flyers sprung forth, leaving behind the remainder of the Icefields in a flurry of wind. Alietum lived up to his breed, dancing through the blustering wind in meticulous flutters, weaving between Lillian and Mitzi in taunt before darting off ahead. Mitzi chose to corkscrew forward, while Lillian favoured instead balancing her pearl on her back with extreme stillness.

“All flyers have come from the starting line already eager to show off their skills! Alietum manages to combine agility with gracefulness, while Mitzi cuts through the wind with aerodynamic precision, and Lillian displays her rigid fortitude and balance! It truly is a sight to behold!”

Alietum glided through the Crystalspine Reaches, drawing himself close to their spikes to purposely avoid them, body arched and goading danger much to the astonishment of the following crowd. Mitzi squeezed herself through the smallest of spaces, competing with Lillian’s sharp twists and turns, all while maintaining the balance of the pearl upon her back. Alietum was first to reach the focal point, grazing the long grass with his outstretched claws, admiring the sight of greenery. Lillian took the chance to speed by him, rolling out of the way of floating chunks of land, the momentum keeping the pearl from dropping.

“Another amazing display of total control from Lillian!” Roared the announcer to a growing chorus of cheers.

The finish point resided at the very cusp of Earth’s Shattered Plains. The distant visage of the domain appeared before the three, and they began to square in on finishing the third leg. Mitzi writhed around the floating debris revolving in twisting spirals around the Focal Point, Lillian skirting each sharp, magically imbued object while keeping the pearl nested in the crook of her back. The closing spires of the Reaches were upon them, like the open maw of a colossal dragon waiting to snap shut. Alietum sped through them, the land beneath him giving way to marvellous blue sea. The advantage in distance between him and Lillian gave him hope that despite lacking in her speed he could still pull through unhindered. Mitzi remained close on his tail, and once Lillian had cleared the Reaches she turned her focus to speed, pearl rolled back into her clutches for safekeeping, no longer interested in scoring further points.

Alietum elegantly soared between the finish posts, coming to a sturdy land and trotting to a slow halt, beaming with pride at his success. Lillian followed doggedly after him, Mitzi plopping herself down last.

“Alietum has won the third day’s race!” The announcer called. Alietum lapped up the cheers around him, offering them a self-satisfied grin. He turned to Lillian.

“What was that about ‘less talk, more action’?” He chuckled. Lillian bristled, refusing to butt heads with him and stormed off to rest elsewhere.

“What a fantastic race today, ladies and gentledragons!” The announcer cried, brimming with energy. “But of course, there are still points to be awarded! Let me tell you all, scoring became neck and neck; all of our bravest flyers endeavoured to show us just how practised their flying capabilities truly are!”

Mitzi passed by Alietum, and offered him a smile.

“You did really well out there,” She complimented.

“I know I did,” Alietum chuckled. “Did you not see me? I was a magnificent creature, one with the sky.”

Mitzi nodded, and left to congratulate Lillian. Lillian did not look up at her, laying on the Plains’s barren, arid dirt to recuperate. Mitzi plopped herself down beside her, tail curling up around her legs.

“...You really are talented,” Mitzi laughed. “I hope I’m giving you a challenge out there.”

Lillian huffed, looking up at Mitzi in a quiet glance, before turning her head.

The announcer gathered the attention of the crowd, after a moment to assess the scoring.

“In first place for the technicality round...” The announcer called. “...Alietum!”

He bubbled with pride, standing to bow his head low for the grace of all to see.

“In second, Mitzi, and third, Lillian! Rest well everyone, we have an exciting day ahead of us!”

Lillian’s mood soured further. Mitzi could not comfort her as she wanted, but all three looked forward to the next leg, where all could change in the blink of an eye. The announcer peeked past the rim of his megaphone, spotting in the distance an ominous cloud, pulling a face at it.

“Looks like rain.”

Divider-Small.png
Daily Badge

Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing.

If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing

Tuesday

watch.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/SnddRnL/watch.gif[/img][/url]
Divider-Small.png
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
As much of a Mitzi fan I am, my heart went out to Lillian today. [emoji=spiral sad size=2] I'm also very worried about the upcoming rain.
As much of a Mitzi fan I am, my heart went out to Lillian today. I'm also very worried about the upcoming rain.
FR-Trinket-Bottle-A-Amariel.gif greysun.png Greyscales
» she/her
» fr time +15
» nest network
Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down.
Never gonna run around
and desert you.
@Lallie
could I be added to the daily pinglist?
@Lallie
could I be added to the daily pinglist?
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
Oh my gosh this is SO CUTE.
Oh my gosh this is SO CUTE.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
These badges are amazing and deserving of all my fodder
These badges are amazing and deserving of all my fodder
2-100.png cyclonebadge_by_roraima99-d9eag0l.pngcapture61_by_zaelum-d9oi1nl.pngPJUJhjg.pnglYEUG48.pngCLNrLrC.pngrm9yNEZ.png9MrYbid.pngHtV4l6v.pngui0xQPS.pngI33TcOG.pngNqnGiVx.pngvx0arYx.pngPovrYRj.pngOJR7cTF.pngHDnZafa.png
*gently nudges the thread to the front page*
*gently nudges the thread to the front page*
extra1.png
avery • 28 • they/she • bio codes
Wondering, are their performances determined by dragons exalted in their names?
Wondering, are their performances determined by dragons exalted in their names?
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8