Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The new gif/jif debate
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
lmao this is exactly what I think as well. I honestly cannot stop pronouncing it as 'Gowler', no matter how many times I tell myself that's not it!
lmao this is exactly what I think as well. I honestly cannot stop pronouncing it as 'Gowler', no matter how many times I tell myself that's not it!
oKZOZJE.gif

wishlist
foliage • FR +3
My head can't make sense of the pronounciation, especially how an 'ao' (a usually deep sound) becomes an 'ai' (usually higher pitched). It just... dosen't make any sense to me!
I know Jailer is the canon pronounciation, but I'mma just be happy then that I have no real life FR friends to talk to about it and the spelling is the same.

If the FR team wanted me to say 'Jailer', spell it 'jailer' |:
It'll probably always be [Gah-o-ler] for me.

My native language is danish tho, that might have something to do with it.
"Ye oldie english" is not my forté, though I do consider my self relatively fluent in english. We're always being told that, Danish is like speaking with a potato in your mouth, so my clumsy pronounciation might be because of that.
My head can't make sense of the pronounciation, especially how an 'ao' (a usually deep sound) becomes an 'ai' (usually higher pitched). It just... dosen't make any sense to me!
I know Jailer is the canon pronounciation, but I'mma just be happy then that I have no real life FR friends to talk to about it and the spelling is the same.

If the FR team wanted me to say 'Jailer', spell it 'jailer' |:
It'll probably always be [Gah-o-ler] for me.

My native language is danish tho, that might have something to do with it.
"Ye oldie english" is not my forté, though I do consider my self relatively fluent in english. We're always being told that, Danish is like speaking with a potato in your mouth, so my clumsy pronounciation might be because of that.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
I keep pronouncing it "gowler" (like growl) and I keep correcting myself. I don't know if "jailer" will stick with me.
I keep pronouncing it "gowler" (like growl) and I keep correcting myself. I don't know if "jailer" will stick with me.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
I'm honestly surprised that so many people have never seen the word "gaoler" before! This isn't a situation where it's a made up word open to pronunciation interpretation, it's a real word! "Jailer" is that correct way to pronounce it, full stop.

I have to admit though, it's been highly entertaining seeing all the different butchered pronunciations.
I'm honestly surprised that so many people have never seen the word "gaoler" before! This isn't a situation where it's a made up word open to pronunciation interpretation, it's a real word! "Jailer" is that correct way to pronounce it, full stop.

I have to admit though, it's been highly entertaining seeing all the different butchered pronunciations.
td9UiZS.png
It's always gowler in my heart, despite the official pronunciation.
It's always gowler in my heart, despite the official pronunciation.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I read it gay-o-ler in my head even though I know it's supposed to be jailer
I read it gay-o-ler in my head even though I know it's supposed to be jailer
_ _ _ _ xWsqmwJ.png
_hedj_
gdblirs.png
_ _she/they/he
_ _gmt+0/fr+8
_ _
lNYuJMt.png
Gay-o-ler. It’s like Arceus, it just sounds cooler. I won’t stand for basic pronunciations in my Flight Rising!
Gay-o-ler. It’s like Arceus, it just sounds cooler. I won’t stand for basic pronunciations in my Flight Rising!
I said Jailer to tell my sister about it but continue to say Gowler. The word Gaoler equaling Jailer just wont click in my mind.
I said Jailer to tell my sister about it but continue to say Gowler. The word Gaoler equaling Jailer just wont click in my mind.
I like books, the color yellow, and spaghetti. Starchild125 and o9catgirl are my sisters.

+2 Hours FR Time
I naturally pronounce it like gow-ler. I try to say "jailer" but it just doesn't sound right for the spelling.
I naturally pronounce it like gow-ler. I try to say "jailer" but it just doesn't sound right for the spelling.
jzx6ljT.gif
he/it
Shop
......Peach time.
honestly while i know it's "jailer", that sounds silly to me, so i stick with "gah-oo-ler" because it sounds cool.

because really,
"woah what breed are you"
"jailer"
"i...see that, we're in a jail, no really, what breed are you-"
"j a i l e r"
honestly while i know it's "jailer", that sounds silly to me, so i stick with "gah-oo-ler" because it sounds cool.

because really,
"woah what breed are you"
"jailer"
"i...see that, we're in a jail, no really, what breed are you-"
"j a i l e r"
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9