Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The new gif/jif debate
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Let's ignore the canon for a mo

Gaoler or Jailer?

Edit: As an English bean I'm well aware of what Gaoler means, but I can't for the life of me pronounce it that way
Let's ignore the canon for a mo

Gaoler or Jailer?

Edit: As an English bean I'm well aware of what Gaoler means, but I can't for the life of me pronounce it that way
EOpZWoS.png
Jailer because I keep it real.
Jailer because I keep it real.

Rook (they/them) | 21 .frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png
FR+8 | G1 + coli addict .frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png
I need to update this .frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png
l4nnXKx.png
Much as with gif/jif the creators say it's pronounced jailer so we pronounce it jailer :D
And it's a real word and that's how it's pronounced.
Much as with gif/jif the creators say it's pronounced jailer so we pronounce it jailer :D
And it's a real word and that's how it's pronounced.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
The spelling "Gaoler" sounds more imposing than "jailer", but I prefer the pronunciation "Jailer" over, say "Jay-ol-ar"
The spelling "Gaoler" sounds more imposing than "jailer", but I prefer the pronunciation "Jailer" over, say "Jay-ol-ar"
original.gif
jailer

gayler
jailer

gayler
i3Vi2e0.png
Jailer officially but my stubborn head Gaoler
Jailer officially but my stubborn head Gaoler
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA cc53d392d095e93a24f8cbe4c233b064.png
AiaAKNt.png
[quote name="Daijobanai" date="2019-06-09 02:26:33" ] [s]gayler[/s] [/quote] This is legit how I've decided to pronounce it.
Daijobanai wrote on 2019-06-09 02:26:33:
gayler
This is legit how I've decided to pronounce it.
TOW2n3q.png
Funnily enough, I am Team Jif for life but my brain refuses to accept that Gaoler = Jailer, evern though it makes well enough sense lol.
Funnily enough, I am Team Jif for life but my brain refuses to accept that Gaoler = Jailer, evern though it makes well enough sense lol.
PJb908Z.png
I know it should be "jay-lor," like the modern English word, but that hard "G" sound won't leave my head
I know it should be "jay-lor," like the modern English word, but that hard "G" sound won't leave my head
25513292p.png?mtime=Wk0uNwAARYY.png

FORMERLY
HALFMOONTHEWOLF

1526859765072.gif
+3
I love s!
Art Shop
l
l
l
l
l
Gayler is what I’ve used and I’m sticking to it, at least when I’m reading the word in my head. [emoji=gaoler happy size=1]
Gayler is what I’ve used and I’m sticking to it, at least when I’m reading the word in my head.
azgT1ra.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9