Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's not
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="Akiri" date="2019-06-08 08:18:34" ] [quote name="GardenSnail" date="2019-06-08 08:14:58" ] It's not pronounced gay-oler??? It's pronounced jailer?? Who woulda known. [/quote] Wait, WHAT?! [/quote] even the devs didn't know
Akiri wrote on 2019-06-08 08:18:34:
GardenSnail wrote on 2019-06-08 08:14:58:
It's not pronounced gay-oler??? It's pronounced jailer?? Who woulda known.
Wait, WHAT?!
even the devs didn't know
Hello! I'm FrostiiWolf, give me obsidian we I need m o r e-
she/her | fr +0
MadeupDiligentIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif
Now I want to make a Gaoler with gay lore.
Now I want to make a Gaoler with gay lore.
LxbWmll.png
I’ve been pronouncing it gow-ler in my head this whole time and I’m having difficulty adjusting. And by difficulty I mean I still haven’t successfully pronounced it correctly yet.
I’ve been pronouncing it gow-ler in my head this whole time and I’m having difficulty adjusting. And by difficulty I mean I still haven’t successfully pronounced it correctly yet.
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
I learned the word Gaol as a kid, one of my favorite sidequests in my favorite Final Fantasy games used it.

I have been mentally pronouncing it like it's spelled all this time, I'm crazy surprised to find out it's just an outdated way to spell jail.

... I'm gonna keep pronouncing them like they're spelled. It's just so much cooler that way, haha

Edit: Apparently everyone is pronouncing them differently. I always said it "Gah-ole" (ole sounding similar to old.) "Gah-ole-ers."
I learned the word Gaol as a kid, one of my favorite sidequests in my favorite Final Fantasy games used it.

I have been mentally pronouncing it like it's spelled all this time, I'm crazy surprised to find out it's just an outdated way to spell jail.

... I'm gonna keep pronouncing them like they're spelled. It's just so much cooler that way, haha

Edit: Apparently everyone is pronouncing them differently. I always said it "Gah-ole" (ole sounding similar to old.) "Gah-ole-ers."
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
It will always be gayoler in my head and no one can convince me otherwise
It will always be gayoler in my head and no one can convince me otherwise
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
I pronounce it like gale-ers, but with a very slight o before the l so you hardly hear it. It felt right to me for so long. Then I found the word in an old book referring to a warden, a jailer, a gaoler, and I haven't been the same since.
I pronounce it like gale-ers, but with a very slight o before the l so you hardly hear it. It felt right to me for so long. Then I found the word in an old book referring to a warden, a jailer, a gaoler, and I haven't been the same since.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
Gay-oler, Trans-oler, Bi-oler. It's Pride-oler month!
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
i pronounce it "gah-oh-ler" and im not stopping
i pronounce it "gah-oh-ler" and im not stopping
iO2X60T.png
[quote name="GardenSnail" date="2019-06-08 09:02:50" ] Gay-oler, Trans-oler, Bi-oler. It's Pride-oler month! [/quote] [i]Pride-oler month[/i]
GardenSnail wrote on 2019-06-08 09:02:50:
Pride-oler month
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-06-08 08:15:32" ] me [/quote]
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-06-08 08:15:32:
me
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13