Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Guardian dragons are awesome
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've fallen in love with Guardian dragons and the concept of them having "charges." This leaves the door open for AWESOME storylines! Some of these are based on the assumption Guardian dragons can't choose their charges, it's predestined.

-A guardian realizing their charge is a dragon they absolutely HATE.
-Two guardians making each other their charges, and one dies protecting the other.
-The villain realizing their charge is the hero/protagonist.
-A female Guardian never able to find her Charge, until she has eggs and realizes one of her children is her charge.
-A guardian's charge is a piece of jewellery/belonging of their dead loved one. And someone decides to steal it.
-A guardian has no charge and is shunned by other guardians.
-A guardian going through four, five, six charges and losing every single one. This has the opportunity to be either really funny or really sad.
-A guardian's charge is the most annoying little Fae who constantly gets into trouble/danger. Said guardian has many nervous breakdowns.

Fae; Oooo, look! A toy! *plays with the dagger they somehow discovered*
Fae; Weee! Look, I'm flying! *has just learned to fly and has decided that over a ravine is the best place to play*
Fae: *taking candy from strangers*
Fae: *is constantly running off*
Fae: *once they hopped onto a caravan owned by a bunch of bandits and was temporarily adopted, until Guardian came and saved them*
Guardian: *frantic screaming*
Guardian: *has a bell put around Fae's neck so they know exactly where they are at all times*
Guardian: *goes to bed every night with two ice blocks pressed to the sides of their head*

-A guardian who is awful at being a guardian.

Idea taken from @HSoup's post below: A young Guardian, still a hatchling, realizes his/her charge is an adult dragon. Cue said Guardian fiercely protecting his/her charge from everything hatchlings perceive as a threat. The two are made fun of and ridiculed by other dragons. Said Guardian grows up into a massive, intimidating dragon and nobody is laughing anymore.

Can you guys think of any cool/funny storylines a Guardian could have?
I've fallen in love with Guardian dragons and the concept of them having "charges." This leaves the door open for AWESOME storylines! Some of these are based on the assumption Guardian dragons can't choose their charges, it's predestined.

-Two guardians making each other their charges, and one dies protecting the other.
-The villain realizing their charge is the hero/protagonist.
-A female Guardian never able to find her Charge, until she has eggs and realizes one of her children is her charge.
-A guardian's charge is a piece of jewellery/belonging of their dead loved one. And someone decides to steal it.
-A guardian has no charge and is shunned by other guardians.
-A guardian going through four, five, six charges and losing every single one. This has the opportunity to be either really funny or really sad.
-A guardian's charge is the most annoying little Fae who constantly gets into trouble/danger. Said guardian has many nervous breakdowns.

Fae; Oooo, look! A toy! *plays with the dagger they somehow discovered*
Fae; Weee! Look, I'm flying! *has just learned to fly and has decided that over a ravine is the best place to play*
Fae: *taking candy from strangers*
Fae: *is constantly running off*
Fae: *once they hopped onto a caravan owned by a bunch of bandits and was temporarily adopted, until Guardian came and saved them*
Guardian: *frantic screaming*
Guardian: *has a bell put around Fae's neck so they know exactly where they are at all times*
Guardian: *goes to bed every night with two ice blocks pressed to the sides of their head*

-A guardian who is awful at being a guardian.

Idea taken from @HSoup's post below: A young Guardian, still a hatchling, realizes his/her charge is an adult dragon. Cue said Guardian fiercely protecting his/her charge from everything hatchlings perceive as a threat. The two are made fun of and ridiculed by other dragons. Said Guardian grows up into a massive, intimidating dragon and nobody is laughing anymore.

Can you guys think of any cool/funny storylines a Guardian could have?
this is so adorable. personally i have not incorporated the charge lore into my own yet, but there are so many hilarious and awesome possibilities that can come of this. :D
this is so adorable. personally i have not incorporated the charge lore into my own yet, but there are so many hilarious and awesome possibilities that can come of this. :D
O7jJYHV.png Gn1pwrs.png UQDD8WB.png
Well, you know, guardians only have one charge and thats the most important one, they don't have multiple one like you think. A little edit that you say is true, their charge can be anything, a clan, a dragon, a thing...[emoji=guardian tongue size=2]
Well, you know, guardians only have one charge and thats the most important one, they don't have multiple one like you think.

A little edit that you say is true, their charge can be anything, a clan, a dragon, a thing...
Do5TvZy.png
This is my favorite part about Guardians! Playing with the concept of charges is really fun. One of my Guardians was a former sailor, with her ship as her charge. When both were in danger, she chose to save her charge over her crew, as every Guardian is expected to. She's regretted it ever since, and she's very jaded with the concept of charges, now. That's the only one of my Guardians whose charge I've ironed out, but it is a lot of fun for lore. This is one of my favorite items, too, because of it's tooltip~ [item=Broken Heartstone]
This is my favorite part about Guardians! Playing with the concept of charges is really fun.

One of my Guardians was a former sailor, with her ship as her charge. When both were in danger, she chose to save her charge over her crew, as every Guardian is expected to. She's regretted it ever since, and she's very jaded with the concept of charges, now.

That's the only one of my Guardians whose charge I've ironed out, but it is a lot of fun for lore. This is one of my favorite items, too, because of it's tooltip~

Broken Heartstone
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
-Guardian who claims they are their own charge, the dragon trying to convince them otherwise is actually their charge but they're trying to deny it.
-A guardian who's charge is a concept instead of a physical item, and they panic every time someone asks to see it.
(more later?)
-Guardian who claims they are their own charge, the dragon trying to convince them otherwise is actually their charge but they're trying to deny it.
-A guardian who's charge is a concept instead of a physical item, and they panic every time someone asks to see it.
(more later?)
[quote]-A guardian realizing their charge is a dragon they absolutely HATE.[/quote] Or, its close cousin -A guardian whose charge is a dragon that absolutely hates them. Also -A guardian who finds his charge somewhat embarrassing and tries to protect it without letting anyone know what it is. -A guardian that dies protecting its change, and its drive to continue protecting it is so strong the guardian resurrects itself somehow. -A guardian merchant realizes only after he sells a prized item that item was his charge. I, too, love Guardians. They're amazing.
Quote:
Or, its close cousin
-A guardian whose charge is a dragon that absolutely hates them.

Also
-A guardian who finds his charge somewhat embarrassing and tries to protect it without letting anyone know what it is.
-A guardian that dies protecting its change, and its drive to continue protecting it is so strong the guardian resurrects itself somehow.
-A guardian merchant realizes only after he sells a prized item that item was his charge.

I, too, love Guardians. They're amazing.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I have most of my Guardian’s charges lines out!

Appolis’s charge is her mate, Muczen. Unfortunately, a curse turned him into a baby, but now he can sit sit on her head safely.

Peregrine and Vagabond are each other’s charges, but neither of them know.

Astrum’s charge WAS her pirate ship. It rammed into a cliff side and she got amnesia.

I still need to write something for Manuka.
I have most of my Guardian’s charges lines out!

Appolis’s charge is her mate, Muczen. Unfortunately, a curse turned him into a baby, but now he can sit sit on her head safely.

Peregrine and Vagabond are each other’s charges, but neither of them know.

Astrum’s charge WAS her pirate ship. It rammed into a cliff side and she got amnesia.

I still need to write something for Manuka.
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
I love Guardians! How about...

- A Guardian whose Charge is toxic, painful or otherwise bad for their physical health (I may have one of these)

- A Guardian who resents their Charge, as it restricts them somehow (their movements/ability to travel, ability to choose a mate, prevents them achieving an ambition etc). Or vice versa.

- A Guardian whose charge is immortal - or one whose Charge lives for only a day (like a mayfly, or some species of flower)

- A Guardian whose Charge is microscopic (how did they find it? Have they found it at all?)

- why are they all depressing
I love Guardians! How about...

- A Guardian whose Charge is toxic, painful or otherwise bad for their physical health (I may have one of these)

- A Guardian who resents their Charge, as it restricts them somehow (their movements/ability to travel, ability to choose a mate, prevents them achieving an ambition etc). Or vice versa.

- A Guardian whose charge is immortal - or one whose Charge lives for only a day (like a mayfly, or some species of flower)

- A Guardian whose Charge is microscopic (how did they find it? Have they found it at all?)

- why are they all depressing
FR time +8 hours Lore Thread
When I was doing my Pinkerlocke, a guardian was added to the storyline and she was just old enough to begin her Search for her charge and claimed the large Imp Axolotl as her charge. So in the story she was always saying she was going to protect him. Here is a size comparison pic. It made for some fun interactions. [img]http://i.imgur.com/l9gVAM6.png[/img]
When I was doing my Pinkerlocke, a guardian was added to the storyline and she was just old enough to begin her Search for her charge and claimed the large Imp Axolotl as her charge. So in the story she was always saying she was going to protect him. Here is a size comparison pic. It made for some fun interactions.
l9gVAM6.png
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
Quote:

these are hilarious, maybe I actually need a guardian for these in particular...
Quote:

these are hilarious, maybe I actually need a guardian for these in particular...
1 2 3 4 5 6