Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Summerween 2019 Hub [open!]
1 2 3 4 5
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2676798#post_2676798][img]https://imgur.com/C1vqCPC.png[/img][/center][/url] [center][size=2]Badge by @starshiny[/size] (thanks so much!) IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK THEM HERE[/center] [center][size=6][color=#C57311][font=Jokerman]IT’S SUMMERWEEN![/font][/color][/size][/center] [quote=Shade][size=6][color=#AD2A0E][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27899011] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278991/27899011_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Chiller]A cool breeze carrying the sweet scent of watermelon and dead leaves drifts past as you wander over the shady forest floor. The leaf litter rustles under your feet, and you think back to how you ended up in this forest. You remember entering, but when you try to recall why you entered and which directions you went, your memory fades like a tattered blanket. Breathing out a sigh, you resolve to find your way out somehow when you notice something that was not there before. A small stand, covered in watermelons with faces carved into them sits in the middle of your path. A wispy, tattered figure presides over it, and, noticing you, yells out, "Jack-o'-Melons, Jack-o'-Melons for sale here! Only Jack-o'-Melons in Sornieth!" A moment later, the figure turns to you again. It seems to stare you down for an uncomfortably long time, before its ghostly voice says, "You seem a little lost. Perhaps I can help you. But first, won't you join me in a little game?" [right][size=2][i]By Oldjammerj[/i][/size][/right][/font][/color][/size] [/quote] [center][item=Watermelon][item=Sugarmelon][item=Watermelon][item=Sugarmelon][item=Watermelon][/center] Code for the Jack O' Melon badge: [code][center]Click the Melon![url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2676798#post_2676798][img]https://imgur.com/C1vqCPC.png[/img][/url][/center][/code] [quote=oldjammerj][center][size=5][font=Jokerman][color=#E10303]Welcome to the Summerween Trick O' Treat Event![/color][/font][/size] [center][item=battered book of fables][item=aged tome][item=battered book of fables][item=aged tome][item=battered book of fables][/center] Every year a user-run, unofficial Trick O' Treating event is held during the month of October. This year, I decided to do the same thing, but in June. I originally was going to do it in April, because April is half a year away from October, but a few people suggested I do it in June, because of a Gravity Falls episode where they have Halloween in June because the town loves it so much. The rules are pretty much the same, and I'm planning on trying to make this a yearly thing as well.[/quote] I'll be taking over for this year- and since of my very good planning skills- Summerween will start on [b]June 1st until July 1st.[/b] a full month's worth of trick or treating! plus it gives you guys some time to prepare your gifts (and gives me some time as well.) This is the second time ive hosted this event and it went smoothly last year, but i am still very new to doing these things on fr, so bare with me! [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25344038] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=25344038&skin=0&apparel=466,457,18783,939,15271,29292,2889,24232,28808,28810,25185,25180,15270,8601,8813,9218&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [font=century gothic][size=7][size=4][color=#E4AEFF]Hello, I'm Grimraven! And this year I decided to dress up as a golden knight. Mierith and Isokel in my clan gave me the extra gold apparel! How kind of them! I'll be answering doors and my pal Ceadeus here will be trick or treating![/color][/size][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35825602] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35825602&skin=0&apparel=823,6529,4319,4272,954,17928,346,12926,472,9815,20561,2759&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [font=century gothic][size=7][size=4][color=#2a47e9]It's me, Ceadeus! You probably don't recognize me because of the wolf pelt. But have no fear- it's still me, the same annoying Skydancer! I will be out gathering treats for myself. Please don't call animal control on me, Ok? I am definitely a dragon.[/color][/size][/size][/quote]
C1vqCPC.png
Badge by @starshiny (thanks so much!)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK THEM HERE

IT’S SUMMERWEEN!
Shade wrote:

27899011_350.png

A cool breeze carrying the sweet scent of watermelon and dead leaves drifts past as you wander over the shady forest floor. The leaf litter rustles under your feet, and you think back to how you ended up in this forest. You remember entering, but when you try to recall why you entered and which directions you went, your memory fades like a tattered blanket. Breathing out a sigh, you resolve to find your way out somehow when you notice something that was not there before. A small stand, covered in watermelons with faces carved into them sits in the middle of your path.

A wispy, tattered figure presides over it, and, noticing you, yells out, "Jack-o'-Melons, Jack-o'-Melons for sale here! Only Jack-o'-Melons in Sornieth!" A moment later, the figure turns to you again. It seems to stare you down for an uncomfortably long time, before its ghostly voice says, "You seem a little lost. Perhaps I can help you. But first, won't you join me in a little game?"

By Oldjammerj
Watermelon Sugarmelon Watermelon Sugarmelon Watermelon

Code for the Jack O' Melon badge:
Code:
[center]Click the Melon![url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2676798#post_2676798][img]https://imgur.com/C1vqCPC.png[/img][/url][/center]
oldjammerj wrote:
Welcome to the Summerween Trick O' Treat Event!
Battered Book of Fables Aged Tome Battered Book of Fables Aged Tome Battered Book of Fables
Every year a user-run, unofficial Trick O' Treating event is held during the month of October. This year, I decided to do the same thing, but in June. I originally was going to do it in April, because April is half a year away from October, but a few people suggested I do it in June, because of a Gravity Falls episode where they have Halloween in June because the town loves it so much.

The rules are pretty much the same, and I'm planning on trying to make this a yearly thing as well.
I'll be taking over for this year- and since of my very good planning skills- Summerween will start on June 1st until July 1st. a full month's worth of trick or treating! plus it gives you guys some time to prepare your gifts (and gives me some time as well.)
This is the second time ive hosted this event and it went smoothly last year, but i am still very new to doing these things on fr, so bare with me!
Quote:

dragon?did=25344038&skin=0&apparel=466,457,18783,939,15271,29292,2889,24232,28808,28810,25185,25180,15270,8601,8813,9218&xt=dressing.png

Hello, I'm Grimraven! And this year I decided to dress up as a golden knight. Mierith and Isokel in my clan gave me the extra gold apparel! How kind of them! I'll be answering doors and my pal Ceadeus here will be trick or treating!

dragon?did=35825602&skin=0&apparel=823,6529,4319,4272,954,17928,346,12926,472,9815,20561,2759&xt=dressing.png

It's me, Ceadeus! You probably don't recognize me because of the wolf pelt. But have no fear- it's still me, the same annoying Skydancer! I will be out gathering treats for myself. Please don't call animal control on me, Ok? I am definitely a dragon.

xulc4O8.png
[size=5][u][b]Rules:[/b][/u][/size] First, pick 1-3 dragons from your lair and dress them up! Be it as a Ghost, Witch, King, or whatever you want! These dragons will be the trick-o-treaters going out to visit lairs. After you’ve dressed your dragon(s), write a Story/Roleplay Prompt. (Saving this copy/pasted story in your dragons bio is a good way to keep tabs on your roleplays, but you can write a new one every time if you want.). The length is completely up to you, but the more interesting it is, The likelier you’ll get better gifts/tricks/ responses from other users! You’re trying to impress people with your little writing, so please try your best! You will then send this short story to another user who is playing the game, via private messages. (Check their clan profile/signature/post on this thread). In your message, your trick-or-treating dragon must end with screaming/yelling/whispering/shouting “Trick-O-Treat” at the end. Do not send a PM to someone unless they have "yes" beside the "Currently Playing" bar in their thread. Do not send a Trick O' Treat message to the same person twice. Second, pick another 1-3 dragons from your lair and dress them up too. It doesn't have to be a scary costume- it could be whatever you’d like! This dragon will be the gift giver of the lair that greets the trick-o-treaters. This welcoming Dragon you dressed up to be the greeter must be featured in a written response to the visitors via a reply in your private messages! This can be pre-done and saved, or you can write a unique one every time. (The 1-3 dragons you pick at the beginning don’t have to be permanent. You can switch between as many dragons as you want, just don’t fill a PM with 5 dragons.) Remember, this isn't just about role-playing. [b]The Welcoming dragon will actually be gift giving out to those treating. That means save up on your items, because you can use them to gift to the hungry treaters! What you offer can be FR items, Coli services, or anything you'd like! Try to be generous![/b] [center][item=Tallow Candle][item=Enchanted Candle][item=Night Flame][item=Tallow Candle][item=Enchanted Candle][/center] [b]Other Rules:[/b] [u]Don’t be rude.[/u] You can only send Trick O’ Treat messages to people if you allow people send messages to you, meaning you put “yes” beside the “Currently Playing?” bar in your post. Players might not respond if they're uncomfortable, suddenly have no internet, are too busy with real life, or are broke from throwing all of their gifts to the first batch of treaters and need to store back up. THIS DOES NOT GIVE PLAYERS PERMISSION TO SIMPLY SEND OUT A DRAGON AND GET A BUNCH OF ITEMS AND NOT GIVE ANYTHING IN RETURN, IF YOU ARE SENDING OUT A TREATER, YOU NEED TO HAVE GIFTS AS A WELCOMER. [size=5][center]Do you collect a certain item? Bugs, Season-related apparel etc? write it down with your info![/center][/size] [b]To start playing, just copy and paste this and replace my text with what the instructions say, [size=5]and add the Jack O' Melon badge to your clan profile or forum signature and text saying Click Me etc.[/size][/b] [code][b]Username:[/b] @/username here to ping yourself and keep your post documented. [b]Trick-or-treating Dragon:[/b] Leave a link to your dragon and/or post their code/image here. [b]Welcoming Dragon:[/b] Leave a link to your dragon and post their code/image here. [b]Currently Playing?[/b] Either yes or no. Put it as yes if you are sending messages and online, or no if you are going out for the day or just busy, or have run out of things to give. This must be “Yes” If you are sending out messages [b]WishList:[/b] You can type in or add links/pictures using this code with no spaces, " [item = item name ] " to list what you'd really like! [b]History:[/b] Who did you treat, and who treated you? This is so you don't double message someone. [b]Source:[/b]How did you find this game? Did you see it on the forums, or in a clan profile? put it here.[/code] [quote name="FrozenBarioth" date="2018-06-01 12:28:19" ] example: [b]Username:[/b] @FrozenBarioth [b]Trick-or-treating Dragon:[/b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35825602] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/358257/35825602_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Welcoming Dragon:[/b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25344038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/253441/25344038_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Currently Playing?[/b] i'm able to respond to messages! i won't go treating yet but i will hand some treats out :) [b]WishList:[/b]Food, Apparel, festival currency, cheap things, battlestones, and skins! UM (haha not likely) or festival. idc! (i'd personally avoid putting expensive things, but you can put what you want!) [b]History:[/b] N/A. [b]Source:[/b]Participated in last year's event! [/quote]
Rules:

First, pick 1-3 dragons from your lair and dress them up! Be it as a Ghost, Witch, King, or whatever you want! These dragons will be the trick-o-treaters going out to visit lairs. After you’ve dressed your dragon(s), write a Story/Roleplay Prompt. (Saving this copy/pasted story in your dragons bio is a good way to keep tabs on your roleplays, but you can write a new one every time if you want.). The length is completely up to you, but the more interesting it is, The likelier you’ll get better gifts/tricks/ responses from other users! You’re trying to impress people with your little writing, so please try your best! You will then send this short story to another user who is playing the game, via private messages. (Check their clan profile/signature/post on this thread). In your message, your trick-or-treating dragon must end with screaming/yelling/whispering/shouting “Trick-O-Treat” at the end.
Do not send a PM to someone unless they have "yes" beside the "Currently Playing" bar in their thread. Do not send a Trick O' Treat message to the same person twice.

Second, pick another 1-3 dragons from your lair and dress them up too. It doesn't have to be a scary costume- it could be whatever you’d like! This dragon will be the gift giver of the lair that greets the trick-o-treaters. This welcoming Dragon you dressed up to be the greeter must be featured in a written response to the visitors via a reply in your private messages! This can be pre-done and saved, or you can write a unique one every time. (The 1-3 dragons you pick at the beginning don’t have to be permanent. You can switch between as many dragons as you want, just don’t fill a PM with 5 dragons.)

Remember, this isn't just about role-playing. The Welcoming dragon will actually be gift giving out to those treating. That means save up on your items, because you can use them to gift to the hungry treaters! What you offer can be FR items, Coli services, or anything you'd like! Try to be generous!
Tallow Candle Enchanted Candle Night Flame Tallow Candle Enchanted Candle
Other Rules:
Don’t be rude.
You can only send Trick O’ Treat messages to people if you allow people send messages to you, meaning you put “yes” beside the “Currently Playing?” bar in your post.
Players might not respond if they're uncomfortable, suddenly have no internet, are too busy with real life, or are broke from throwing all of their gifts to the first batch of treaters and need to store back up. THIS DOES NOT GIVE PLAYERS PERMISSION TO SIMPLY SEND OUT A DRAGON AND GET A BUNCH OF ITEMS AND NOT GIVE ANYTHING IN RETURN, IF YOU ARE SENDING OUT A TREATER, YOU NEED TO HAVE GIFTS AS A WELCOMER.

Do you collect a certain item? Bugs, Season-related apparel etc? write it down with your info!

To start playing, just copy and paste this and replace my text with what the instructions say,
and add the Jack O' Melon badge to your clan profile or forum signature and text saying Click Me etc.
Code:
[b]Username:[/b] @/username here to ping yourself and keep your post documented. [b]Trick-or-treating Dragon:[/b] Leave a link to your dragon and/or post their code/image here. [b]Welcoming Dragon:[/b] Leave a link to your dragon and post their code/image here. [b]Currently Playing?[/b] Either yes or no. Put it as yes if you are sending messages and online, or no if you are going out for the day or just busy, or have run out of things to give. This must be “Yes” If you are sending out messages [b]WishList:[/b] You can type in or add links/pictures using this code with no spaces, " [item = item name ] " to list what you'd really like! [b]History:[/b] Who did you treat, and who treated you? This is so you don't double message someone. [b]Source:[/b]How did you find this game? Did you see it on the forums, or in a clan profile? put it here.
FrozenBarioth wrote on 2018-06-01 12:28:19:
example:
Username: @FrozenBarioth
Trick-or-treating Dragon:
35825602_350.png

Welcoming Dragon:
25344038_350.png

Currently Playing? i'm able to respond to messages! i won't go treating yet but i will hand some treats out :)
WishList:Food, Apparel, festival currency, cheap things, battlestones, and skins! UM (haha not likely) or festival. idc! (i'd personally avoid putting expensive things, but you can put what you want!)
History: N/A.
Source:Participated in last year's event!

xulc4O8.png
another claim
another claim
xulc4O8.png
two more claims
two more claims
xulc4O8.png
and one last claim!
and one last claim!
xulc4O8.png
there we go! you guys can now start registering yourselves for summerween 2019. I'll have it start on June 1st, so you have time to get treats ready for other players and so i can get some for everyone too, haha. Signups will most likely close after June first, because if i can remember there was a kerfuffle last year about people signing up and being rue, but i'll keep it open until something bad happens.
here's my summerween 2019 pinglist, from those from last year who wanted another try and new additions this year.
summerween 2019 pinglist:
@RachelAmber
@CelestialPrime
@Elven0artist0
@Shikieiki
@ClockworkEclipse
@Ketzexi
@Cyberfloof
@Halfling
@StormDragon21
@hollyshark
@ImpossibleJedi4
@Dragonfruiteen
@TheElfDruid
@Mokuroh
@starblaziing
@Astrophile
@Dfinch
@EdwardKenway
@dividedAnimus
@ShinyEntei
@EmeraldJubilee
@Firefeather
@Sparkbreeze
@Amyatzu
@basicblack1986
@GrimmReader
@ragnell
@titanichope
@Direclaw
@Troutfish
@Raytini02
@FrozenLake
@saltyleti
@megalizardon4736
@Mnkn10
@Serafin
@CroneOfDragons
@idlewildly
@Tox
@Zith
@TheAwesoMew
@CroneOfDragons
@DarknessReborn
@SilverPhoenix
@Oldjammerj
@ArtsyDragon7
@TheRobinsBerry
@bugwinged
@Zorua345
@bakugannvgims
@megalizardon4736
@Autopsy
@Ollieshark
@AlmightyAmu
@Cacophony
@PenziePines13
@starshiny

just copy the text above from the code above so you can choose what dragons you'll trick or treat with and etc.
there we go! you guys can now start registering yourselves for summerween 2019. I'll have it start on June 1st, so you have time to get treats ready for other players and so i can get some for everyone too, haha. Signups will most likely close after June first, because if i can remember there was a kerfuffle last year about people signing up and being rue, but i'll keep it open until something bad happens.
here's my summerween 2019 pinglist, from those from last year who wanted another try and new additions this year.
summerween 2019 pinglist:
@RachelAmber
@CelestialPrime
@Elven0artist0
@Shikieiki
@ClockworkEclipse
@Ketzexi
@Cyberfloof
@Halfling
@StormDragon21
@hollyshark
@ImpossibleJedi4
@Dragonfruiteen
@TheElfDruid
@Mokuroh
@starblaziing
@Astrophile
@Dfinch
@EdwardKenway
@dividedAnimus
@ShinyEntei
@EmeraldJubilee
@Firefeather
@Sparkbreeze
@Amyatzu
@basicblack1986
@GrimmReader
@ragnell
@titanichope
@Direclaw
@Troutfish
@Raytini02
@FrozenLake
@saltyleti
@megalizardon4736
@Mnkn10
@Serafin
@CroneOfDragons
@idlewildly
@Tox
@Zith
@TheAwesoMew
@CroneOfDragons
@DarknessReborn
@SilverPhoenix
@Oldjammerj
@ArtsyDragon7
@TheRobinsBerry
@bugwinged
@Zorua345
@bakugannvgims
@megalizardon4736
@Autopsy
@Ollieshark
@AlmightyAmu
@Cacophony
@PenziePines13
@starshiny

just copy the text above from the code above so you can choose what dragons you'll trick or treat with and etc.
xulc4O8.png
feel free to post!
feel free to post!
xulc4O8.png
@FrozenBarioth

i'll delete this post later, but i'm working on a badge!
@FrozenBarioth

i'll delete this post later, but i'm working on a badge!
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
YEET I'M SO EXCITED [b]Username:[/b] @ollieshark [b]Trick-or-treating Dragon:[/b] Chisko is back again with new limericks! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14200042] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/142001/14200042_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Welcoming Dragon:[/b] Ziggy wants to try his hand at welcoming trick-or-treaters!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19694234] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196943/19694234_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Currently Playing?[/b] Yes! when the game opens i'll be open pretty much 24/7 aside from sleeping. [b]WishList:[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2474724]here![/url] it's mainly kinda expensive things tho, so feel free to just yeet some stuff at me instead [b]History:[/b] I treated: oldjammerj, frostiiwolf, edwardkenway, starmellon, zorua345, yoshino I visited: oldjammerj, frostiiwolf, direclaw, starmellon, zorua345, lunistice, edwardkenway, lenav, yoshino [b]Source:[/b] Forums!
YEET I'M SO EXCITED

Username: @ollieshark
Trick-or-treating Dragon: Chisko is back again with new limericks!

14200042_350.png

Welcoming Dragon: Ziggy wants to try his hand at welcoming trick-or-treaters!!

19694234_350.png

Currently Playing? Yes! when the game opens i'll be open pretty much 24/7 aside from sleeping.
WishList: here! it's mainly kinda expensive things tho, so feel free to just yeet some stuff at me instead
History:
I treated: oldjammerj, frostiiwolf, edwardkenway, starmellon, zorua345, yoshino
I visited: oldjammerj, frostiiwolf, direclaw, starmellon, zorua345, lunistice, edwardkenway, lenav, yoshino
Source: Forums!
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
[b]Username:[/b] @oldjammerj [b]Trick-or-treating Dragon:[/b] Usually this guy with his pal Gingerspice, but I may change it up. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27477920] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/274780/27477920_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Welcoming Dragon:[/b] Subject to change, but predominantly: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24592904] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/245930/24592904_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Currently Playing?[/b] yup! [b]WishList:[/b] In this guy's bio! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23392900] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/233930/23392900_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]History:[/b] Treated: Ollieshark, Zorua345, yoshino, Treated by: Ollieshark, FrostiiWolf, Direclaw, Starmellon, Zorua345, Lunistice, EdwardKenway, LenaV-, yoshino, AnimeGerbil, PenziePines13, rubyredtan, [b]Source:[/b] Pinglist
Username: @oldjammerj
Trick-or-treating Dragon: Usually this guy with his pal Gingerspice, but I may change it up.

27477920_350.png

Welcoming Dragon: Subject to change, but predominantly:

24592904_350.png

Currently Playing? yup!

WishList: In this guy's bio!

23392900_350.png

History:
Treated:
Ollieshark, Zorua345, yoshino,

Treated by:
Ollieshark, FrostiiWolf, Direclaw, Starmellon, Zorua345, Lunistice, EdwardKenway, LenaV-, yoshino, AnimeGerbil, PenziePines13, rubyredtan,

Source: Pinglist
faxrqz.jpg
1 2 3 4 5