Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The 2nd Great Flight Music Poll Results
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello everyone! You may remember that last year, [b]I conducted a poll to see what the favorite music preferences were of Flight Rising members, by Flight, to see if, like individual flight culture, there were patterns of music lovers that gravitated towards certain flights.[/b] It is no secret that, when it comes to music, people are passionate about their preferences, and Music can even tell us things about your personality! After suggestions for improvements and a request by some people in the past to see if things would change, a year later, the Great Flight Music Poll has returned! This time, with improvements! [center][b]The Questions[/b][/center] This time, instead of a singular poll [i](which forces me to sort by hand individual responses to determine what flight people were in and hand-make the graphs myself)[/i] We have a total of [b]Eleven Polls, for Eleven Flights[/b]![b] Each flight has their own poll, which I have color-coded and titled.[/b] This will allow more accurate collection of data [i](So long as nobody decides to mess with the data collection, honor systems, people).[/i] [b]Because of the diversity of music genres and such, people taking the polls have a list of eleven music genres or sets of genres to choose from. I have tried to narrow down the list[/b], and have also added the EDM, Dubstep, and Electronic genres, an improvement over the old poll [b]NOTE:[/b] [b]The reason for why some separate genres are merged into the same voting category, while others are split apart, relate to the personality aspect of music.[/b] Music genres can reflect personality traits, which is often discussed as the reason for why people can be defensive or angry if their preferred genre is attacked. [b]The reason some genres that are completely separate have been placed into a similar category is because the traits reflected by the genre tend to be similar or identical. Other genre sub-categories, like facets of rock, oddly reflect very different traits.[/b] EDIT -- Broadway was added due to its unique nature. Early-on in the poll, so should have only a minor impact on results: 1. Heavy Metal 2. Classical/Instrumental 3. Hip-Hop/Rap 4. Pop 5. Classic Rock 6. Indie Rock 7. Punk Rock 8. Folk/Jazz/Blues 9. Country 10. Dubstep/EDM/Electronic 11. Broadway [center][b]The First Poll's Results[/b][/center] The original Poll gave us several conclusions, which we will be checking, now, if they still hold or if they have changed: [b][u]Plague Flight[/u] has the greatest number of people who prefer Heavy Metal over any other flight.[/b] It is extremely fond of[b] Rock Genres in general, with the highest vote counts following Metal being Classic Rock and Indie.[/b] Plague Members seemed to avoid easier-listening songs, in general. Out of all the flights, [b]Plague Flight demonstrates one of the strongest affiliations with specific genres. [/b] [u][b]Lightning Flight's[/b][/u] music genres are dominated by [b]Indie Rock and Heavy Metal[/b] [u][b]Light Flight[/b][/u] has a strong affinity for [b]Classical/Instrumental, Pop, and Indie Rock.[/b] Light Flight [b]had the most votes of any Flight, hence their data is likely the most accurate.[/b] [u][b]Wind Flight [/b][/u]appears at first glance to strongly prefer easier-listening [b]Pop music, but has a large number of Indie Rock listeners, and the most Punk Rock votes out of any flight[/b] [b][u]Most remaining Flights[/u][/b] either have[b] insufficient vote counts to be considered accurate, or did not appear to reflect any distinct pattern.[/b] ...For Graphs and such, I have the original link to the Poll's results, here:[url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2504521/1[/url] This out of the way, let's get to the polls! [center][b] The Polls[/b][/center] All of these [b]polls will run until the start of Greenskeeper Gathering[/b], and results will be posted soon after it starts! The polls are below! [center] [b]RESULTS [/b] [/center] [i]Please note that the charts are actually much larger than they load in the forums, so feel free to click on the images to get a better look![/i] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/NF9MhMbm/Nature-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/6TxBDh8x/Light-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/nVDjwRW5/Lightning-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/8CcsdtWZ/Fire-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/tRNyTFnJ/Arcane-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/MpNJ4DNP/Plague-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/dV7z8C38/Earth-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/3NScGrHS/Ice-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/T3W4yXN0/Shadow-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/Y0sd9X1T/Wind-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/wM7kShS2/Water-Flight-Poll-Results.png[/img] [center][b]Conclusions[/b][/center] 1. [b]Nature Flight [/b] has a lot of Indie Rock listeners, but there are plenty of Punk Rock, Dubstep/EDM, and Instrumental/Classical lovers in the mix, too. Overall, Nature Flight seems to prefer music with complex patterns. 2. [b]Light Flight[/b] [b]has the most votes of any flight[/b], and is therefore the most accurate. Light Flight, in a major change from last year,[b] is overwhelmingly consisting of heavy metal fans.[/b] This means Lightning Flight is now the most polarized far as music preference. 3. [b]Lightning Flight[/b] is dominated by systemizing-type listeners, which prefer complex patterns in their music.[b] Dubstep/EDM is the preferred music of the majority of voters for the poll, but there's lots of rock genres tossed in.[/b] 4. [b]Fire Flight has only 31 voters[/b], so this poll is [b]not guaranteed to be a big enough sample to be taken seriously.[/b] Most Fire Flight voters displayed a preference for [b]Indie Rock.[/b] 5. [b]Arcane has 97 responses, which is a good sample size[/b]. While Arcane does seem to have [b]very few people who like Country, or Hip-hop/Rap[/b], this aside, [b]they do not reflect any specific music preference, a similar result to last year.[/b] 6. [b]Plague Flight loves Heavy Metal, Indie, and Punk Rock genres. A good number of Dubstep/EDM members are there, too.[/b] Plague largely avoids easy-listening music. [b]Most Plague Flight members are likely systemizing listeners, and won't be fond of music unless it has some sort of complexity or pattern to it.[/b] 7. [b]Earth Flight[/b] [b]strongly prefers indie rock over any other genre.[/b] 8. [b]Ice Flight[/b] seems to have a similar result to Arcane, [b]not having a strong preference for any one genre[/b], and the members being diverse in their tastes. [b]Ice Flight does seem to avoid Hip-Hop/Rap, though. Not a single member voted for Country.[/b] 9. [b]Shadow Flight likes Rock, and Dubstep/EDM[/b]. Far more members [b]prefer systemizing-type music to easy-listening.[/b] 10. [b]Wind Flight likes Indie Rock, and Dubstep/EDM[/b] 11.[b] Water Flight has a strong preference for Indie Rock and Pop music.[/b] [center][b]Results Pinglist![/b][/center] If you want to see the results of this poll when they come out, just say so! No pings needed to get my attention, I'm subscribed to the thread! @Shadowbanish @mithrel @BlueJaysFeather @scqrpion @Alcorin @CitrineCitrus @DemonChild77 @Vulpess @literallyacat @Morningrise @Hauntology @Zhukov @MettatonsLegs @Bast6415 @thace @Saddi @Arsenic33 @peachyrose @SoulShepherd @KrazKitCat @Moreii @Mothstorm @LadyOfTheSkies
Hello everyone! You may remember that last year, I conducted a poll to see what the favorite music preferences were of Flight Rising members, by Flight, to see if, like individual flight culture, there were patterns of music lovers that gravitated towards certain flights.

It is no secret that, when it comes to music, people are passionate about their preferences, and Music can even tell us things about your personality! After suggestions for improvements and a request by some people in the past to see if things would change, a year later, the Great Flight Music Poll has returned! This time, with improvements!
The Questions

This time, instead of a singular poll (which forces me to sort by hand individual responses to determine what flight people were in and hand-make the graphs myself) We have a total of Eleven Polls, for Eleven Flights! Each flight has their own poll, which I have color-coded and titled. This will allow more accurate collection of data (So long as nobody decides to mess with the data collection, honor systems, people).

Because of the diversity of music genres and such, people taking the polls have a list of eleven music genres or sets of genres to choose from. I have tried to narrow down the list, and have also added the EDM, Dubstep, and Electronic genres, an improvement over the old poll

NOTE: The reason for why some separate genres are merged into the same voting category, while others are split apart, relate to the personality aspect of music. Music genres can reflect personality traits, which is often discussed as the reason for why people can be defensive or angry if their preferred genre is attacked. The reason some genres that are completely separate have been placed into a similar category is because the traits reflected by the genre tend to be similar or identical. Other genre sub-categories, like facets of rock, oddly reflect very different traits.

EDIT -- Broadway was added due to its unique nature. Early-on in the poll, so should have only a minor impact on results:

1. Heavy Metal

2. Classical/Instrumental

3. Hip-Hop/Rap

4. Pop

5. Classic Rock

6. Indie Rock

7. Punk Rock

8. Folk/Jazz/Blues

9. Country

10. Dubstep/EDM/Electronic

11. Broadway
The First Poll's Results

The original Poll gave us several conclusions, which we will be checking, now, if they still hold or if they have changed:

Plague Flight has the greatest number of people who prefer Heavy Metal over any other flight. It is extremely fond of Rock Genres in general, with the highest vote counts following Metal being Classic Rock and Indie. Plague Members seemed to avoid easier-listening songs, in general. Out of all the flights, Plague Flight demonstrates one of the strongest affiliations with specific genres.

Lightning Flight's music genres are dominated by Indie Rock and Heavy Metal

Light Flight has a strong affinity for Classical/Instrumental, Pop, and Indie Rock. Light Flight had the most votes of any Flight, hence their data is likely the most accurate.

Wind Flight appears at first glance to strongly prefer easier-listening Pop music, but has a large number of Indie Rock listeners, and the most Punk Rock votes out of any flight

Most remaining Flights either have insufficient vote counts to be considered accurate, or did not appear to reflect any distinct pattern.

...For Graphs and such, I have the original link to the Poll's results, here:http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2504521/1

This out of the way, let's get to the polls!

The Polls

All of these polls will run until the start of Greenskeeper Gathering, and results will be posted soon after it starts! The polls are below!
RESULTS

Please note that the charts are actually much larger than they load in the forums, so feel free to click on the images to get a better look!

Nature-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Light-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Lightning-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Fire-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Arcane-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Plague-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Earth-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Ice-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Shadow-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Wind-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Water-Flight-Poll-Results.png
Conclusions

1. Nature Flight has a lot of Indie Rock listeners, but there are plenty of Punk Rock, Dubstep/EDM, and Instrumental/Classical lovers in the mix, too. Overall, Nature Flight seems to prefer music with complex patterns.

2. Light Flight has the most votes of any flight, and is therefore the most accurate. Light Flight, in a major change from last year, is overwhelmingly consisting of heavy metal fans. This means Lightning Flight is now the most polarized far as music preference.

3. Lightning Flight is dominated by systemizing-type listeners, which prefer complex patterns in their music. Dubstep/EDM is the preferred music of the majority of voters for the poll, but there's lots of rock genres tossed in.

4. Fire Flight has only 31 voters, so this poll is not guaranteed to be a big enough sample to be taken seriously. Most Fire Flight voters displayed a preference for Indie Rock.

5. Arcane has 97 responses, which is a good sample size. While Arcane does seem to have very few people who like Country, or Hip-hop/Rap, this aside, they do not reflect any specific music preference, a similar result to last year.

6. Plague Flight loves Heavy Metal, Indie, and Punk Rock genres. A good number of Dubstep/EDM members are there, too. Plague largely avoids easy-listening music. Most Plague Flight members are likely systemizing listeners, and won't be fond of music unless it has some sort of complexity or pattern to it.

7. Earth Flight strongly prefers indie rock over any other genre.

8. Ice Flight seems to have a similar result to Arcane, not having a strong preference for any one genre, and the members being diverse in their tastes. Ice Flight does seem to avoid Hip-Hop/Rap, though. Not a single member voted for Country.

9. Shadow Flight likes Rock, and Dubstep/EDM. Far more members prefer systemizing-type music to easy-listening.

10. Wind Flight likes Indie Rock, and Dubstep/EDM

11. Water Flight has a strong preference for Indie Rock and Pop music.

Results Pinglist!

If you want to see the results of this poll when they come out, just say so! No pings needed to get my attention, I'm subscribed to the thread!

@Shadowbanish @mithrel @BlueJaysFeather @scqrpion @Alcorin @CitrineCitrus @DemonChild77 @Vulpess @literallyacat @Morningrise @Hauntology @Zhukov @MettatonsLegs @Bast6415 @thace @Saddi @Arsenic33 @peachyrose @SoulShepherd @KrazKitCat @Moreii @Mothstorm @LadyOfTheSkies
FfsFHyt.png
My favorite genre isn't even on this poll...
My favorite genre isn't even on this poll...
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
@DancingHare

What Genre is it? It's still pretty early and I can add it, if it's distinct enough. It may or may not fall under one of the genres there, though.
@DancingHare

What Genre is it? It's still pretty early and I can add it, if it's distinct enough. It may or may not fall under one of the genres there, though.
FfsFHyt.png
Considering I like to listen to blue grass/folk, industrial, new wave and symphonic metal.. I uh.. can't pick?

(best one is Within Temptation and Xzibit, which seemed SO terrible when they first did it, and now it's one of my favorite songs. What's that? Rap symphonic metal? SURE!)
Considering I like to listen to blue grass/folk, industrial, new wave and symphonic metal.. I uh.. can't pick?

(best one is Within Temptation and Xzibit, which seemed SO terrible when they first did it, and now it's one of my favorite songs. What's that? Rap symphonic metal? SURE!)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Broadway.
Broadway.
tundrasig_small.png
@DancingHare

Consider Broadway added. Give me a moment. Gotta add it to all polls.
@DancingHare

Consider Broadway added. Give me a moment. Gotta add it to all polls.
FfsFHyt.png
Plague and Lightning are Metal, seems legit. [emoji=mirror laughing] I guess I'd consier Power Metal [s]Dragonforce[/s] under Heavy Metal? [taken]
Plague and Lightning are Metal, seems legit.

I guess I'd consier Power Metal Dragonforce under Heavy Metal? [taken]
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
Alright, by request, Broadway has been added.

@Deathtoll, Power Metal would probably be under heavy metal.

I have tried to narrow down music genres, but some stuff will have to fall under a broad category.

There is New Age, Metalcore, Newcore, etc. Lots of genres. Rock was already diverse enough in sub-categories with enough unique traits to get several poll options.
Alright, by request, Broadway has been added.

@Deathtoll, Power Metal would probably be under heavy metal.

I have tried to narrow down music genres, but some stuff will have to fall under a broad category.

There is New Age, Metalcore, Newcore, etc. Lots of genres. Rock was already diverse enough in sub-categories with enough unique traits to get several poll options.
FfsFHyt.png
Lol I may be the sole person who picks it, but I picked it! [emoji=tundra laughing] I do kind of wish we could pick more than one though, I would also have listed Classic Rock and Classical if I could have picked three.
Lol I may be the sole person who picks it, but I picked it!

I do kind of wish we could pick more than one though, I would also have listed Classic Rock and Classical if I could have picked three.
tundrasig_small.png
i love so many genres, it was hard to pick lol

i have an equal love for alternative/indie, classic rock, and heavy metal but i went with classic rock since it seemed kind of in the middle between the other two
i love so many genres, it was hard to pick lol

i have an equal love for alternative/indie, classic rock, and heavy metal but i went with classic rock since it seemed kind of in the middle between the other two
queen_katoe.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7