Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Hibernal Den Has Changed Me
1 2
And by me, I mean my play style.

Throughout my time here, I've always tried to devote my lair to breeding pairs and dragons that can make babies that make me money. So mainly, Coatls and Widlclaws, with a few Imps and Skydancers thrown in. All with gem genes, Baldwin genes, and a very few treasure genes. And I liked it that way. Creating breeding pairs that were so close together in colors that their babies were near carbon copies of the parents. The breeding projects were always hard, and took a lot of money and time, but they were worth it.

I still do that, but with the Den my tastes in dragons and genes has changed dramatically. Since I can't breed dragons in my Den, I don't need to stick to "best sellers" anymore. In my den I have dragons of all breeds and a large variety of genes. They have all different color combinations, many of which I never dreamed I'd like, nonetheless keep as perma dragons. Heck, I've even breed changed Imps and Coatls into plentiful breeds, and gene changed over gem genes, because I thought they looked better!

My point being that the Den has been, in my opinion, a wonderful addition to this game. It's expanded on what I considered to be good-looking dragons, and opening my eyes to the beauty of all breeds and genes. I'm grateful for the change, and I hope that Flight Rising continues to take risks and add features that change they way we think about our dragons.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Has the Den at all changed the way anyone else plays this game? I'd really love to hear your stories on how it's altered your style or view of playing.
And by me, I mean my play style.

Throughout my time here, I've always tried to devote my lair to breeding pairs and dragons that can make babies that make me money. So mainly, Coatls and Widlclaws, with a few Imps and Skydancers thrown in. All with gem genes, Baldwin genes, and a very few treasure genes. And I liked it that way. Creating breeding pairs that were so close together in colors that their babies were near carbon copies of the parents. The breeding projects were always hard, and took a lot of money and time, but they were worth it.

I still do that, but with the Den my tastes in dragons and genes has changed dramatically. Since I can't breed dragons in my Den, I don't need to stick to "best sellers" anymore. In my den I have dragons of all breeds and a large variety of genes. They have all different color combinations, many of which I never dreamed I'd like, nonetheless keep as perma dragons. Heck, I've even breed changed Imps and Coatls into plentiful breeds, and gene changed over gem genes, because I thought they looked better!

My point being that the Den has been, in my opinion, a wonderful addition to this game. It's expanded on what I considered to be good-looking dragons, and opening my eyes to the beauty of all breeds and genes. I'm grateful for the change, and I hope that Flight Rising continues to take risks and add features that change they way we think about our dragons.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Has the Den at all changed the way anyone else plays this game? I'd really love to hear your stories on how it's altered your style or view of playing.
NPPeD7D.pngnhHR5tl.png95VXz8X.png
Yeah I've been buying a lot more dragons. I haven't had to exalt dragons that I only kinda cared about as much, and I've been keeping more of the dragons I hatch. I used to sell every hatchling as soon as they were born but now I have room to keep some of them. I've also been writing lore for a few dragons, though I don't know if that's because of the den or because I just finally came up with some ideas I liked.
Yeah I've been buying a lot more dragons. I haven't had to exalt dragons that I only kinda cared about as much, and I've been keeping more of the dragons I hatch. I used to sell every hatchling as soon as they were born but now I have room to keep some of them. I've also been writing lore for a few dragons, though I don't know if that's because of the den or because I just finally came up with some ideas I liked.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
I now have so much fodder
I now have so much fodder
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I can finally pretend my lair is smaller than it actually is without having to boot dragons I don't want to boot.
Also now I have so much space to snipe fodder with <3
I can finally pretend my lair is smaller than it actually is without having to boot dragons I don't want to boot.
Also now I have so much space to snipe fodder with <3
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
Yes, the den has changed my playstyle as well! Before, I never had more than 80 dragons, and usually only about 40-50 unless I was waiting for fodder to grow up. Now I have nearly 160 with space to spare!

I used to hold baby fodder dragons until they grew up, then immediately train and exalt them so I could feed them as little as possible. Now I throw fodder into the den as soon as it's born and wait until I feel like training them to take them out. I don't have to worry about how much food they're eating or feel the need to train them as soon as they grow up!

Before I had to dedicate myself to one or sometimes two breeding projects at a time or I would run out of space. Sometimes I ended up exalting a dragon I wanted to use for a project because I couldn't find it a proper mate and other projects needed the space. Now when I see a dragon that would be good for any of my planned projects I can buy it and keep it in the den for as long as I need to!

I've also been in the coliseum a lot more. I was getting to the point where I had everything I needed for Swipp and Baldwin so I would only go to the mire to train fodder. To get more den space I've been grinding in lower venues. It's been fun and I've gotten lots of great loot!

My lair is much better organized. Before I had to move things around all the time to keep breeding projects on the same page. Now they can each have their own!

I've also been able to keep low priority gene projects when before I would have exalted them by now. Maybe I'll still never get to them, but hey, I can dream!

One negative change is how many gen 1s I've bought and left in the den. I don't even have scries picked out for many of them, let alone a plan to get them any genes! And I don't feel a need to go through them and get rid of some because they aren't eating my food and I don't need the space. I feel like a hoarder.

Overall, I was surprised how much the den changed my playstyle, but I really love it!!
Yes, the den has changed my playstyle as well! Before, I never had more than 80 dragons, and usually only about 40-50 unless I was waiting for fodder to grow up. Now I have nearly 160 with space to spare!

I used to hold baby fodder dragons until they grew up, then immediately train and exalt them so I could feed them as little as possible. Now I throw fodder into the den as soon as it's born and wait until I feel like training them to take them out. I don't have to worry about how much food they're eating or feel the need to train them as soon as they grow up!

Before I had to dedicate myself to one or sometimes two breeding projects at a time or I would run out of space. Sometimes I ended up exalting a dragon I wanted to use for a project because I couldn't find it a proper mate and other projects needed the space. Now when I see a dragon that would be good for any of my planned projects I can buy it and keep it in the den for as long as I need to!

I've also been in the coliseum a lot more. I was getting to the point where I had everything I needed for Swipp and Baldwin so I would only go to the mire to train fodder. To get more den space I've been grinding in lower venues. It's been fun and I've gotten lots of great loot!

My lair is much better organized. Before I had to move things around all the time to keep breeding projects on the same page. Now they can each have their own!

I've also been able to keep low priority gene projects when before I would have exalted them by now. Maybe I'll still never get to them, but hey, I can dream!

One negative change is how many gen 1s I've bought and left in the den. I don't even have scries picked out for many of them, let alone a plan to get them any genes! And I don't feel a need to go through them and get rid of some because they aren't eating my food and I don't need the space. I feel like a hoarder.

Overall, I was surprised how much the den changed my playstyle, but I really love it!!
arcane_small.pnglight_small.pngarcane_small.png
Yup, it changed the way I played too! I have a fodder section and a section devoted to dragons that I will do art for then sell. The art dragons keep me motivated to practice my art, with less lair issues!
Yup, it changed the way I played too! I have a fodder section and a section devoted to dragons that I will do art for then sell. The art dragons keep me motivated to practice my art, with less lair issues!
apagfTT.png
tumblr_njfpzkC48X1tlw9cco2_500.png

8MsS7cV.pngoNdzJAj.png
suzukiayako_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kg3c4.png
I can now hoard as many of my favorite color combinations as I want

And ditto to breeding project space!!
I can now hoard as many of my favorite color combinations as I want

And ditto to breeding project space!!
FkU0xOo.gif
I can expand my lore without losing track of it.
I can expand my lore without losing track of it.
LxbWmll.png
I love being able to organize my dragons into tabs! It's so satisfying haha.
I love being able to organize my dragons into tabs! It's so satisfying haha.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
The tabs are amazing, the fodder room is very appreciated, but the hibernal den changed one real thing for me : tranquil organization. I'm not stressed anymore by room and dragons I want but can't have. Whe nI want a new dragon,I buy it, place in den until I have ideas for them and room in the main lair, and then when I buy an expansion, I make 3 to 5 dragons out of the den. I can keep pretty dragons I hatched just for the pleasure to see them around being pretty. I can really organize myself better and that's great !
The tabs are amazing, the fodder room is very appreciated, but the hibernal den changed one real thing for me : tranquil organization. I'm not stressed anymore by room and dragons I want but can't have. Whe nI want a new dragon,I buy it, place in den until I have ideas for them and room in the main lair, and then when I buy an expansion, I make 3 to 5 dragons out of the den. I can keep pretty dragons I hatched just for the pleasure to see them around being pretty. I can really organize myself better and that's great !
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
1 2