Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Improvement to Captchas?
1 2 3 4 5 6
So, what with the coli maintenance going up tomorrow, there's been a couple of threads floating around about whether or not captchas will get addressed. I just wanted to ask, what do you want changed about the captchas? I've seen [I]so[/I] many complaints over how difficult some of them were, and how they were pretty much impossible to those with disabilities. So what would be better? What would actually make you happy? A couple of requests:[list] [*]Don't ask for a toggle button. Captchas aren't there to inconvenience you, they're there to stop people from illegally botting and screwing over the rest of us. [*]Say what you want [I]changed[/I], not what you hate about them. We all know the captchas aren't the best. I'm asking how you think they could be better. [/list] Edit: I'm adding now that I'm not really talking about the update itself. I only mentioned it because that's what got me thinking about the captchas. Edit: I'd also like to add, if you're here to complain about dragon hit-boxes (that is to say, you feel that you clicked the dragon but the captcha didn't register it), please provide some kind of evidence or something. There's no way to prove you didn't miss perceive where the dragon was with only your word.
So, what with the coli maintenance going up tomorrow, there's been a couple of threads floating around about whether or not captchas will get addressed.

I just wanted to ask, what do you want changed about the captchas? I've seen so many complaints over how difficult some of them were, and how they were pretty much impossible to those with disabilities.

So what would be better? What would actually make you happy?

A couple of requests:
  • Don't ask for a toggle button. Captchas aren't there to inconvenience you, they're there to stop people from illegally botting and screwing over the rest of us.
  • Say what you want changed, not what you hate about them. We all know the captchas aren't the best. I'm asking how you think they could be better.
Edit: I'm adding now that I'm not really talking about the update itself. I only mentioned it because that's what got me thinking about the captchas.

Edit: I'd also like to add, if you're here to complain about dragon hit-boxes (that is to say, you feel that you clicked the dragon but the captcha didn't register it), please provide some kind of evidence or something. There's no way to prove you didn't miss perceive where the dragon was with only your word.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
I want the images on captchas to be bigger because I can't see them. :(
kEygMJz.png
I saw a suggestion a while back about replacing “find the dragon” with “find the runestones from X flight”- it had four or five enlarged runestones (like the ones from RotA), and were much easier to differentiate than the dragons. Even if they were hue shifted, their designs would stay the same.
I saw a suggestion a while back about replacing “find the dragon” with “find the runestones from X flight”- it had four or five enlarged runestones (like the ones from RotA), and were much easier to differentiate than the dragons. Even if they were hue shifted, their designs would stay the same.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Option to refresh if you're having trouble seeing a specific captcha (without using up one of your 'tries'). I've never failed enough times to get locked out, but I can see why it's a worry. [quote name="LordOmmadon" date="2019-02-22 21:52:47" ] I want the images on captchas to be bigger because I can't see them. :( [/quote] And when you click the magnifying glass, they should be [b]actual size[/b] for those dragons and items, not just zoomed-in (therefore blurry).
Option to refresh if you're having trouble seeing a specific captcha (without using up one of your 'tries'). I've never failed enough times to get locked out, but I can see why it's a worry.

LordOmmadon wrote on 2019-02-22 21:52:47:
And when you click the magnifying glass, they should be actual size for those dragons and items, not just zoomed-in (therefore blurry).
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
idk why no one is talking about this but isn't staff bringing back multiplayer coli fighting at some point?

the captchas are fine imo, you just gotta zoom in, no big deal
idk why no one is talking about this but isn't staff bringing back multiplayer coli fighting at some point?

the captchas are fine imo, you just gotta zoom in, no big deal
queen_katoe.gif
zooming in doesn't do much but make it blurry. Doesn't really help.

I can do the capthca's fine enough but they're certainly a problem.

As for maintenance itself it could be anything from minor tweaks, the AGI update that we're still waiting on, captcha fixes people have been asking for since it was introduced, rated matches returning, drop rate tweaks, etc.

I'd prefer if it was either the captcha fix since their implementation a large group of people can't even play the Coli anymore. OR the AGI fix since we've been waiting for that for almost a year.

zooming in doesn't do much but make it blurry. Doesn't really help.

I can do the capthca's fine enough but they're certainly a problem.

As for maintenance itself it could be anything from minor tweaks, the AGI update that we're still waiting on, captcha fixes people have been asking for since it was introduced, rated matches returning, drop rate tweaks, etc.

I'd prefer if it was either the captcha fix since their implementation a large group of people can't even play the Coli anymore. OR the AGI fix since we've been waiting for that for almost a year.

IT7iTv8.png
One game I play just displays a code, I know one time it was PCZ 822 and it's not all squiggly or with a noisy background, just that simple code, and it would stop botters dead. If it could be something like that, it would be so much easier for everyone.
One game I play just displays a code, I know one time it was PCZ 822 and it's not all squiggly or with a noisy background, just that simple code, and it would stop botters dead. If it could be something like that, it would be so much easier for everyone.
H5oS9j0.png
Please ping me even if you're not interested in the dragons I show you :)
Less. Busy. Backgrounds.

That's all I'm asking for. They'd be a lot better just if they remove the backgrounds such as the tentacles vista, that one vista with the fish, and some of the exalted element backgrounds from those. The dragons can be seriously hard to see with those backgrounds, not to mention sometimes the colours of them hurt my eyes x.o
Less. Busy. Backgrounds.

That's all I'm asking for. They'd be a lot better just if they remove the backgrounds such as the tentacles vista, that one vista with the fish, and some of the exalted element backgrounds from those. The dragons can be seriously hard to see with those backgrounds, not to mention sometimes the colours of them hurt my eyes x.o
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Primary hope (even though I find them pretty easy) is captcha modification. Plenty of people do struggle.
Secondary hope PvP, third AGI change.

@Enenica
FYI, that's just about the easiest thing for botters to deal with - even free non-bot-related software like MatLab has free toolboxes that cover things like text recognition.
Primary hope (even though I find them pretty easy) is captcha modification. Plenty of people do struggle.
Secondary hope PvP, third AGI change.

@Enenica
FYI, that's just about the easiest thing for botters to deal with - even free non-bot-related software like MatLab has free toolboxes that cover things like text recognition.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
To just simplify them? They're absolute garbled messes of flipped and color-changed items similar to dragons -that also can wear apparel- PLUS the backgrounds looking like they belong in a fever dream.

ANYTHING will be an improvement! There's no way they could make them worse at this point.
To just simplify them? They're absolute garbled messes of flipped and color-changed items similar to dragons -that also can wear apparel- PLUS the backgrounds looking like they belong in a fever dream.

ANYTHING will be an improvement! There's no way they could make them worse at this point.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
1 2 3 4 5 6