Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Deities and flight capabilities
This is a weird little thing that's been in the back of my mind for a while..

I've been wondering if all of the deities are capable of flight. I'm assuming most of them are (some of them, like the Arcanist and Lightweaver, are even shown flying), but some of them I'm guessing may not necessarily be (and these are why I think they may not necessarily be):

Plaguebringer: She has various holes/gaps in her wings.
Earthshaker: He doesn't appear to have any wings, and may be too heavy to fly anyway.
Gladekeeper: She appears to have tree branches in place of wings.

I'm also wondering that, if they can fly, are they completely capable of flight or can they only fly short distances for a small amount of time? Are there any other deities who can't fly or are limited in their flight capabilities?
This is a weird little thing that's been in the back of my mind for a while..

I've been wondering if all of the deities are capable of flight. I'm assuming most of them are (some of them, like the Arcanist and Lightweaver, are even shown flying), but some of them I'm guessing may not necessarily be (and these are why I think they may not necessarily be):

Plaguebringer: She has various holes/gaps in her wings.
Earthshaker: He doesn't appear to have any wings, and may be too heavy to fly anyway.
Gladekeeper: She appears to have tree branches in place of wings.

I'm also wondering that, if they can fly, are they completely capable of flight or can they only fly short distances for a small amount of time? Are there any other deities who can't fly or are limited in their flight capabilities?
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Gladekeeper doesn't fly.

Sits in one spot for ages letting vines and moss grow on her? Yes.
Walks through the forest causing trees and earth to tremble? Yes.
Wades through rivers and lakes, enjoying the cool water? Yes
Basks on sun warmed rocks in clearings like a monitor? Yes.
Scales up massive trees to relax in the canopy? Yes.
Fly? No.
Gladekeeper doesn't fly.

Sits in one spot for ages letting vines and moss grow on her? Yes.
Walks through the forest causing trees and earth to tremble? Yes.
Wades through rivers and lakes, enjoying the cool water? Yes
Basks on sun warmed rocks in clearings like a monitor? Yes.
Scales up massive trees to relax in the canopy? Yes.
Fly? No.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
i think all the deities could fly if they really wanted to...with magic and stuff
i think all the deities could fly if they really wanted to...with magic and stuff
queen_katoe.gif
This is interesting.

Snappers can't fly so maybe Earthsaker can't?

I like to imagine Plaguebringer can fly like dragon liches in media. Does it make sense? No. Is it awesome? Yes.
This is interesting.

Snappers can't fly so maybe Earthsaker can't?

I like to imagine Plaguebringer can fly like dragon liches in media. Does it make sense? No. Is it awesome? Yes.
JSrZ9GU.png