Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | sort of a rant thing
1 2
My friend is red-green colourblind and I was showing them FR. Though they kinda think it's boring and don't want to make an account, they do enjoy coli-ing. I've taught them how to use the coli and from time to time I let them battle with my dragons. Sometimes they even ask if I have any dragons that need to be trained so that they can battle for a bit. It makes them happy so I let them. They even gave my level 25, Lynch, the nickname "DEATH FAIRY" because he's attached to her now but anyways, back to the actual topic, they dislike the coli captchas with a passion, because sometimes they can't actually see the dragon because they are red-green colourblind. Today at lunch, they were playing on my phone and just stopped and showed me the phone and said that the screen is just splotchy green and asked me to solve the coli captcha. I'm not red-green colourblind, but it was so damn green that even I had trouble seeing the dragon. Friend decided they wanted to make a meme because of it because they only speak in obscure vine references and memes and this is their message to FR [center][img]https://i.imgflip.com/2uem4s.jpg[/img][/center]
My friend is red-green colourblind and I was showing them FR. Though they kinda think it's boring and don't want to make an account, they do enjoy coli-ing. I've taught them how to use the coli and from time to time I let them battle with my dragons. Sometimes they even ask if I have any dragons that need to be trained so that they can battle for a bit. It makes them happy so I let them. They even gave my level 25, Lynch, the nickname "DEATH FAIRY" because he's attached to her now

but anyways, back to the actual topic, they dislike the coli captchas with a passion, because sometimes they can't actually see the dragon because they are red-green colourblind. Today at lunch, they were playing on my phone and just stopped and showed me the phone and said that the screen is just splotchy green and asked me to solve the coli captcha. I'm not red-green colourblind, but it was so damn green that even I had trouble seeing the dragon. Friend decided they wanted to make a meme because of it because they only speak in obscure vine references and memes and this is their message to FR
2uem4s.jpg
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
[font= calibri] [color= #503E33] i am also red/green colorblind, it is incredibly hard to coli with the stupid captcha [emoji=coatl deadpan]
i am also red/green colorblind, it is incredibly hard to coli with the stupid captcha
torture_isaac.png
I'm not even color-blind but coli captchas can be hilariously difficult to solve sometimes (and i do not want to be locked out so...).

I theorize it developed an AI that by every player solving a captcha becomes more and more powerful by selecting the more difficult combinations of dragon items familiars color hues and saturation possible.

Dem, I can BET it gets harder and harder every day (?) Or maybe it's me developing visual impairment due to so many hours of coli each day xD?
I'm not even color-blind but coli captchas can be hilariously difficult to solve sometimes (and i do not want to be locked out so...).

I theorize it developed an AI that by every player solving a captcha becomes more and more powerful by selecting the more difficult combinations of dragon items familiars color hues and saturation possible.

Dem, I can BET it gets harder and harder every day (?) Or maybe it's me developing visual impairment due to so many hours of coli each day xD?
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

:( that sucks

But yeah, they can be difficult even with no blindness
:( that sucks

But yeah, they can be difficult even with no blindness
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
Oof! Those captchas can be ridiculous; half the time I just pick the wrong thing just to get a new one.
Oof! Those captchas can be ridiculous; half the time I just pick the wrong thing just to get a new one.
MT1tHzE.png
It doesn't help that the images are so small, and some of the familiars look an awful lot like dragons at that size...I always wind up leaning within a few inches of my screen and squinting. There's a reason I don't coli much these days....
It doesn't help that the images are so small, and some of the familiars look an awful lot like dragons at that size...I always wind up leaning within a few inches of my screen and squinting. There's a reason I don't coli much these days....
tumblrsig.png accentsig.png CommSig.png
I'm just curious what the alternative to the captchas would be. The last thing I want is bots to take over and destroy the market. (We've already got enough problems with filthy multi-accounters)
I'm just curious what the alternative to the captchas would be. The last thing I want is bots to take over and destroy the market. (We've already got enough problems with filthy multi-accounters)
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
I wish that you had the option to disable captchas

Edit:Colin ones to clarify
I wish that you had the option to disable captchas

Edit:Colin ones to clarify
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
When you get a manticore in one and click it thinking it's a male tundra. I can't be the only one right? [item=manticore]
When you get a manticore in one and click it thinking it's a male tundra. I can't be the only one right?

Manticore
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
Captchas are just hard to solve to begin with. All it is is to be seeing if you're botting, not a "spot this tiny green thing on a background of green" There's so many of these things that I just couldn't solve without squinting at it for a solid 5 minutes. I have no color blindness or incapacitation of any kind. They're just DIFFICULT. What the hell is this? [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4f18f772d5ee3948141443a7ee01715e/tumblr_phc7f76nlR1scvex3o2_540.png[/img]
Captchas are just hard to solve to begin with. All it is is to be seeing if you're botting, not a "spot this tiny green thing on a background of green"

There's so many of these things that I just couldn't solve without squinting at it for a solid 5 minutes. I have no color blindness or incapacitation of any kind. They're just DIFFICULT.

What the hell is this?
tumblr_phc7f76nlR1scvex3o2_540.png
Y3kY2LN.png
1 2