Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Overpopulated
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[size=4]SO[/size] you get home from a long day of school, or work, or whatever daily stresses are plaguing you at the moment. Of course, since this darn game basically owns your soul at this point, you log into Flight Rising. You're not planning on much - bond with familiars, maybe try that Glimmer and Gloom technique going around the Guides. To your surprise it appears staff has made an announcement! No description of what it actually is, though. Just the image of a male Imp against a blurred, starry background. A male Imp with its eyes gently closed. [img]https://i.imgur.com/pKu4O8I.png[/img] Well, you think, that's unusual. A sleeping dragon? Maybe, a little hope suggests, this is the hibernation cave announcement. Thank the Eleven, they've finally finished making lair tabs. There is no mention of lair tabs in the announcement, which is a shame. Still the news is interesting: there's now the option to set a dragon to 'Asleep', upon which it'll gain that eyes-shut effect. While asleep it won't use up food. Maybe this is a replacement to the hibernation cave. You set a few dragons in your lair to sleep - the ones you don't care too much about, impulse buys or gifts from friends you can't bear to exalt. Oddly enough you can set the two dragons you have nesting to sleep. Just as a test, you press the 'Awaken' button and get this message: [img]https://i.imgur.com/LeUM5Tn.png[/img] Well, you think, that's ***. Good thing you only set the unimportant ones to sleep. 4 days later, 26 days till your dragons can wake up. The nest hatches - 4 beautiful hatchlings you'll sell for 4kt on the AH. It's messed up but it's the way the fodder market has to work. One has primal eyes. You check the lowest price for a primal eyed hatchling. 5kt. Ah well. A little disheartened, you feed your dragons. You receive this message: [img]https://i.imgur.com/AydEc3J.png[/img] What the hell? Confused, you go to the front page. The announcement isn't there. The forums are confused and angry. No response from staff as of late. People are talking about the unfed hatchlings, the 30 day cooldown, something called Valerian Root? Sure enough, all your sleeping dragons carry an invisible apparel with no icon or description - it's simply called 'Valerian Root'. The hatchlings of sleeping parents have them too. And a dragon next to a sleeper. So now you're convinced this is just a creepy, annoying glitch that'll go away after a few days. The sleepers cannot be sold or exalted, their bios cannot be edited, they cannot be bred or trained in the Coliseum. 8 of your dragons plus their hatchlings are useless. Two more of your dragons have fallen asleep. The situation gets weirder and weirder, as sleepers’ energy bars drop like flies to zero. You can't feed them - they refuse to eat. Weights drop down and down, like the starvation is having some sort of effect on them. Nonsense, you think, absolute nonsense, you continue believing. Till the genes change. [img]https://i.imgur.com/L6EOzTD.png[/img] The dragons look sallow, and drained. Feathers lie in small piles around them, and the wings are bare. Their eyes refuse to open. You want to exalt them, but they won't leave your lair. To make things worse it's almost like the sleep is infectious - slowly but surely all dragons in your lair fall under its spell. The same scenario is happening all over Flight Rising. No response from staff as of late. On the bright side... On the bright side, egg value has skyrocketed as people hunt for non-sleeping dragons. On the bright side the fodder floor has risen and risen as less dragons are able to breed. On the bright side, the idea of a fodder floor itself is gone, and non-infected hatchling prices keep rising and rising and rising. In a way, the oversaturation, the overpopulation, of Flight Rising has been solved. In another way, the general population is gone. Those who remain wait to fall asleep. And those who sleep, cooldown forgotten, sleep unaware of this scarcely populated site. [size=2]Hope you enjoyed![/size]
SO you get home from a long day of school, or work, or whatever daily stresses are plaguing you at the moment. Of course, since this darn game basically owns your soul at this point, you log into Flight Rising. You're not planning on much - bond with familiars, maybe try that Glimmer and Gloom technique going around the Guides.

To your surprise it appears staff has made an announcement! No description of what it actually is, though. Just the image of a male Imp against a blurred, starry background. A male Imp with its eyes gently closed.

pKu4O8I.png

Well, you think, that's unusual. A sleeping dragon? Maybe, a little hope suggests, this is the hibernation cave announcement. Thank the Eleven, they've finally finished making lair tabs.

There is no mention of lair tabs in the announcement, which is a shame. Still the news is interesting: there's now the option to set a dragon to 'Asleep', upon which it'll gain that eyes-shut effect. While asleep it won't use up food. Maybe this is a replacement to the hibernation cave.

You set a few dragons in your lair to sleep - the ones you don't care too much about, impulse buys or gifts from friends you can't bear to exalt. Oddly enough you can set the two dragons you have nesting to sleep. Just as a test, you press the 'Awaken' button and get this message:
LeUM5Tn.png

Well, you think, that's ***. Good thing you only set the unimportant ones to sleep.

4 days later, 26 days till your dragons can wake up. The nest hatches - 4 beautiful hatchlings you'll sell for 4kt on the AH. It's messed up but it's the way the fodder market has to work. One has primal eyes. You check the lowest price for a primal eyed hatchling.

5kt. Ah well.

A little disheartened, you feed your dragons. You receive this message:
AydEc3J.png

What the hell?

Confused, you go to the front page. The announcement isn't there.

The forums are confused and angry. No response from staff as of late. People are talking about the unfed hatchlings, the 30 day cooldown, something called Valerian Root?

Sure enough, all your sleeping dragons carry an invisible apparel with no icon or description - it's simply called 'Valerian Root'. The hatchlings of sleeping parents have them too.

And a dragon next to a sleeper.

So now you're convinced this is just a creepy, annoying glitch that'll go away after a few days. The sleepers cannot be sold or exalted, their bios cannot be edited, they cannot be bred or trained in the Coliseum. 8 of your dragons plus their hatchlings are useless.

Two more of your dragons have fallen asleep.

The situation gets weirder and weirder, as sleepers’ energy bars drop like flies to zero. You can't feed them - they refuse to eat.

Weights drop down and down, like the starvation is having some sort of effect on them. Nonsense, you think, absolute nonsense, you continue believing. Till the genes change.
L6EOzTD.png

The dragons look sallow, and drained. Feathers lie in small piles around them, and the wings are bare. Their eyes refuse to open. You want to exalt them, but they won't leave your lair. To make things worse it's almost like the sleep is infectious - slowly but surely all dragons in your lair fall under its spell. The same scenario is happening all over Flight Rising. No response from staff as of late.

On the bright side...

On the bright side, egg value has skyrocketed as people hunt for non-sleeping dragons. On the bright side the fodder floor has risen and risen as less dragons are able to breed. On the bright side, the idea of a fodder floor itself is gone, and non-infected hatchling prices keep rising and rising and rising.

In a way, the oversaturation, the overpopulation, of Flight Rising has been solved.
In another way, the general population is gone. Those who remain wait to fall asleep. And those who sleep, cooldown forgotten, sleep unaware of this scarcely populated site.

Hope you enjoyed!
dT9HQge.pngbYt72YT.pngqivITIX.png
UZVTEBc.png
I love this but this is cursed
I love this but this is cursed
looking for someone to make me a rainbow themed sig!
i was not sure what i expected but this wasn't it. love this!
i was not sure what i expected but this wasn't it. love this!
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
This is so cursed I love it
This is so cursed I love it
IMG_8704.png
Eerie and beautiful. Amazing work!
Eerie and beautiful. Amazing work!
WOW this is mega spooky, I love it!!! Amazing job!
WOW this is mega spooky, I love it!!! Amazing job!
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
That was really cool, yet creepy. 10/10 would sleep again.

inb4 this turns into a 'sleepy flight' thread
That was really cool, yet creepy. 10/10 would sleep again.

inb4 this turns into a 'sleepy flight' thread
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
By the Eleven wow
By the Eleven wow
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
Now this is a good creepypasta, amazing work.
Now this is a good creepypasta, amazing work.
wait so if you breed your dergs do they automatically fall asleep
wait so if you breed your dergs do they automatically fall asleep
Uq1cq4S.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9