Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 2019: Year of the New Breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Jayflying
I actually didn't think of the apparel artist thing, that sort of makes sense. But I do remember seeing somewhere that they updated the art for one of the dragons.
@Jayflying
I actually didn't think of the apparel artist thing, that sort of makes sense. But I do remember seeing somewhere that they updated the art for one of the dragons.
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
My guess is: If we do get a new breed this year, it'll be a Water breed, tied to the lore of the Tidelord's disappearance.

(just a theory)
My guess is: If we do get a new breed this year, it'll be a Water breed, tied to the lore of the Tidelord's disappearance.

(just a theory)
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
[quote name="greaticy" date="2019-03-11 16:22:41" ] whats BOTE? [/quote] Bounty of the Elements was a sort of mini-event last year to celebrate the launch of open registration (until last year, you could only join FR during specific ‘Welcome Weeks,’ one per month, to limit the influx of new players). There was a familiar, [item=miniature Sornieth globe], that was released during it, along with a bunch of lore stories that you can see in the Encyclopedia. Lots of them ended on cliffhangers of some sort or another, so we’re all kind of hoping for a continuation. Also, the hype leading up to it was [i]massive[/i]. The deities posted, one each day, cryptic gifs (the messages in which were the sayings currently in their broadcast messages, I believe. ‘Rocks Shift... Ground Quakes’ and ‘The Voltage! It Surges!’ And stuff like that). The in-world story of BotE was an expansion and change of the magical energies in Sornieth, (aka open registration/an influx of new players/etc) leading to a bunch of wacky and mysterious stuff. edit; oh rip I spent a whole bunch of time on this lengthy explanation and the question was already answered oop
greaticy wrote on 2019-03-11 16:22:41:
whats BOTE?
Bounty of the Elements was a sort of mini-event last year to celebrate the launch of open registration (until last year, you could only join FR during specific ‘Welcome Weeks,’ one per month, to limit the influx of new players). There was a familiar,
Miniature Sornieth Globe , that was released during it, along with a bunch of lore stories that you can see in the Encyclopedia. Lots of them ended on cliffhangers of some sort or another, so we’re all kind of hoping for a continuation.

Also, the hype leading up to it was massive. The deities posted, one each day, cryptic gifs (the messages in which were the sayings currently in their broadcast messages, I believe. ‘Rocks Shift... Ground Quakes’ and ‘The Voltage! It Surges!’ And stuff like that). The in-world story of BotE was an expansion and change of the magical energies in Sornieth, (aka open registration/an influx of new players/etc) leading to a bunch of wacky and mysterious stuff.

edit; oh rip I spent a whole bunch of time on this lengthy explanation and the question was already answered oop
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
I really hope so!
I’d love to see a new breed
I really hope so!
I’d love to see a new breed
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
It would be so cool to experience a new breed being added to the site. Imagine the fenzy....

Hoping tidelord comes back with one!
It would be so cool to experience a new breed being added to the site. Imagine the fenzy....

Hoping tidelord comes back with one!
mini-graphics-hearts-255275.gif
I'm willing to bet that the next breed will come with the Adventure update, and that update will tie into all the stuff relating to the BOTE stories.
I'm willing to bet that the next breed will come with the Adventure update, and that update will tie into all the stuff relating to the BOTE stories.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
How many might they release? I swear if it's just one---
How many might they release? I swear if it's just one---
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3071574/1#post_49415734

Check out my art shop^^
Whoa, made me realize it's been three years since bogs. Wack.
Whoa, made me realize it's been three years since bogs. Wack.
5C5FJH0.gif

Fuzzy
He/him
FR+3

AAaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaA
Mm, even though Bogsneaks had been in the works for 3 years prior to release, that doesn't mean they were being given the same attention for apparel releases and suchlike.

The capes were drawn concurrently for all breeds (as were several other sets), but there's plenty of apparel that had to be redrawn for them. It's pretty obvious for the things like the Windbound Plumage since the style is so different. I have to wonder if festival stuff is more affected because it's time-sensitive... not enough time to plan ahead for the future when you have a deadline coming up next sunday.

There's also older apparel that looks very different for Bogsneaks, like the birdskull sets. I would guess those items were drawn prior to the new breeds being designed. Maybe that's part of why the older apparel (like bows) is being gradually updated; if you're going to redraw it anyway you might as well rework it for all breeds.

So even though plenty of genes and apparel are drawn concurrently, I would assume there's still a pretty hefty backlog for the remaining two breeds in that image.
Mm, even though Bogsneaks had been in the works for 3 years prior to release, that doesn't mean they were being given the same attention for apparel releases and suchlike.

The capes were drawn concurrently for all breeds (as were several other sets), but there's plenty of apparel that had to be redrawn for them. It's pretty obvious for the things like the Windbound Plumage since the style is so different. I have to wonder if festival stuff is more affected because it's time-sensitive... not enough time to plan ahead for the future when you have a deadline coming up next sunday.

There's also older apparel that looks very different for Bogsneaks, like the birdskull sets. I would guess those items were drawn prior to the new breeds being designed. Maybe that's part of why the older apparel (like bows) is being gradually updated; if you're going to redraw it anyway you might as well rework it for all breeds.

So even though plenty of genes and apparel are drawn concurrently, I would assume there's still a pretty hefty backlog for the remaining two breeds in that image.
Mom I'm scared of the future.
Mom I'm scared of the future.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8