Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 2019: Year of the New Breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-01-10 16:40:20" ] I've been saying the same thing. We'll see a new breed this year. Coatls came out Jan 2014, Nocs Dec 2014, Bogs Sept 2016. It's TIME. [/quote] I didn't even realize it really has been this long since the latest breeds came out. Consider me shook
Jussie wrote on 2019-01-10 16:40:20:
I've been saying the same thing. We'll see a new breed this year. Coatls came out Jan 2014, Nocs Dec 2014, Bogs Sept 2016. It's TIME.
I didn't even realize it really has been this long since the latest breeds came out. Consider me shook
mtHAEL4.png
i1iQAE3.png
BT1N47G.png
sQMcqHN.png
WQA384m.png
WKtl2lb.png
iMR0GJ0.png
JvUa9ma.png
I haven't been on this site long enough to see what goes down when a new breed is released and tbh I'm more excited fro that than the new breed lmao
I haven't been on this site long enough to see what goes down when a new breed is released and tbh I'm more excited fro that than the new breed lmao
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
Sure, I'd love another new breed. I really like how since the site launched, each new breed has it's own way of being obtained. Coatls from the gem marketplace, nocturnes have their own special event, and bogsneaks had an eventual buildup with lore that I don't think will ever be topped!

It would be wishful thinking for the new breed to be obtained from the Coliseum or swipp, and I'm not quite sure how that would be implemented and applied to those two site aspects, but just thinking about it... wouldn't that be fun?

If there is a new breed being released soon though, to be more realistic, it would probably be lore related. As some people are saying in relation to bounty of the elements. I say bring it on! Maybe we'll get something we've heard about before like gaolers? Or something entirely new altogether. Ohh, I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm excited!
Sure, I'd love another new breed. I really like how since the site launched, each new breed has it's own way of being obtained. Coatls from the gem marketplace, nocturnes have their own special event, and bogsneaks had an eventual buildup with lore that I don't think will ever be topped!

It would be wishful thinking for the new breed to be obtained from the Coliseum or swipp, and I'm not quite sure how that would be implemented and applied to those two site aspects, but just thinking about it... wouldn't that be fun?

If there is a new breed being released soon though, to be more realistic, it would probably be lore related. As some people are saying in relation to bounty of the elements. I say bring it on! Maybe we'll get something we've heard about before like gaolers? Or something entirely new altogether. Ohh, I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm excited!
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
We already know it won't be Emperors since we pretty much got those when Imperials came out. Also, for anyone hoping it's Gaolers, I'm sorry but it probably won't be. According to the lore, Tundras are descended from Gaolers, and therefore the art would be too similar.

Assuming that these pictures are from when Flight Rising first came out, it is possible that one of the hidden breeds was the Swiftwing breed. If you consider the first picture, even the breeds that weren't released at the time had apparel plans. The fact that the last four boxes were just dark, with no apparel art in the background, makes me think that maybe they were trying to design the apparel but then decided that it wouldn't work. Of course, if Swiftwings were one of the hidden breeds, that doesn't mean we will never get the other hidden breed.

If I had to guess, there are four ways we could get a new breed: another Baldwin "accident", Tidelord returning with a new dragon, Windsinger finding a new dragon during his adventure which leads up to the map update, or they just come out with a whole new deity and Flight and everything.

Also, just to put this out there. I'm not trying to kill the hype or anything, but when they say "new dragon art" that doesn't necessarily mean that there's automatically going to be a new breed. It could just be updated art for an existing breed, or there's a chance that the staff need more apparel artists and just haven't updated the text since the last time a new breed came out.
We already know it won't be Emperors since we pretty much got those when Imperials came out. Also, for anyone hoping it's Gaolers, I'm sorry but it probably won't be. According to the lore, Tundras are descended from Gaolers, and therefore the art would be too similar.

Assuming that these pictures are from when Flight Rising first came out, it is possible that one of the hidden breeds was the Swiftwing breed. If you consider the first picture, even the breeds that weren't released at the time had apparel plans. The fact that the last four boxes were just dark, with no apparel art in the background, makes me think that maybe they were trying to design the apparel but then decided that it wouldn't work. Of course, if Swiftwings were one of the hidden breeds, that doesn't mean we will never get the other hidden breed.

If I had to guess, there are four ways we could get a new breed: another Baldwin "accident", Tidelord returning with a new dragon, Windsinger finding a new dragon during his adventure which leads up to the map update, or they just come out with a whole new deity and Flight and everything.

Also, just to put this out there. I'm not trying to kill the hype or anything, but when they say "new dragon art" that doesn't necessarily mean that there's automatically going to be a new breed. It could just be updated art for an existing breed, or there's a chance that the staff need more apparel artists and just haven't updated the text since the last time a new breed came out.
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
[quote name="SoapTime" date="2019-03-10 17:59:40" ] Staff slides in December 31st, 11:59:59 PM Hey guys check out this dragon [/quote]
SoapTime wrote on 2019-03-10 17:59:40:
Staff slides in December 31st, 11:59:59 PM Hey guys check out this dragon
t.v. | she/her | fr+0 | pings very welcome!
OKAY NOW YOU ALL HAVE ME VERY EXCITED FOR A NEW BREED? PLS?
OKAY NOW YOU ALL HAVE ME VERY EXCITED FOR A NEW BREED? PLS?
t.v. | she/her | fr+0 | pings very welcome!
whats BOTE?
whats BOTE?
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
@greaticy
Bounty of the Elements. It's a series of lore stories that was released last year(?), with one story for each element (although Nature/Plague were combined in one story). The stories are in the lore section of the Encyclopedia page.
@greaticy
Bounty of the Elements. It's a series of lore stories that was released last year(?), with one story for each element (although Nature/Plague were combined in one story). The stories are in the lore section of the Encyclopedia page.
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
[quote name="@GalacticExplorer" date="2019-03-11 12:58:16" ] Also, just to put this out there. I'm not trying to kill the hype or anything, but when they say "new dragon art" that doesn't necessarily mean that there's automatically going to be a new breed. It could just be updated art for an existing breed, or there's a chance that the staff need more apparel artists and just haven't updated the text since the last time a new breed came out. [/quote] The staff wouldn't update a breed's art though, because that would mess with all the breed's UMAs. If they're asking for new dragon art, they're asking for [i]new dragon[/i] art. And if they were asking for apparel artists, wouldn't they just say apparel artists?
@GalacticExplorer wrote on 2019-03-11 12:58:16:

The staff wouldn't update a breed's art though, because that would mess with all the breed's UMAs.
If they're asking for new dragon art, they're asking for new dragon art.

And if they were asking for apparel artists, wouldn't they just say apparel artists?
I wish for a new breed since forever. Bogsneaks didnt make it for me, so I'm craving for a good new breed.
I wish for a new breed since forever. Bogsneaks didnt make it for me, so I'm craving for a good new breed.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8