Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 2019: Year of the New Breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I could see two at once if they're created as counterparts, such as a Plague/Nature dual breed release made to combat the threats posed by their adversary in BotE.

Otherwise, any deity could be getting ready to reveal a breed that will probably relate to BotE lore. Gaolers seem like a possibility if they aren't like Emperors and meant as a lore-only breed for worldbuilding and story purposes. Tidelord might be working on a new breed to react to BotE events, Shadowbinder might make something to combat Emperors to gain favor with her sister (I doubt a Light breed because we have two already and staff has said they want to even out breeds per flight before making 3rd ones, though I cannot find where at the moment. Staff Q&A? Words on the Wind? idk.).

Earthshaker could even be hinting at a Shade breed. There's a scary thought.

I'd bet that the next breed will build on BotE lore.

EDIT: huh. I just noticed Voices was unstickied. When did that happen?
I could see two at once if they're created as counterparts, such as a Plague/Nature dual breed release made to combat the threats posed by their adversary in BotE.

Otherwise, any deity could be getting ready to reveal a breed that will probably relate to BotE lore. Gaolers seem like a possibility if they aren't like Emperors and meant as a lore-only breed for worldbuilding and story purposes. Tidelord might be working on a new breed to react to BotE events, Shadowbinder might make something to combat Emperors to gain favor with her sister (I doubt a Light breed because we have two already and staff has said they want to even out breeds per flight before making 3rd ones, though I cannot find where at the moment. Staff Q&A? Words on the Wind? idk.).

Earthshaker could even be hinting at a Shade breed. There's a scary thought.

I'd bet that the next breed will build on BotE lore.

EDIT: huh. I just noticed Voices was unstickied. When did that happen?
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
Thats cool and all but wheres tidelord
zhMvOXK.png
[quote name="EmeraldMew" date="2019-01-10 15:28:37" ] I could see two at once if they're created as counterparts, such as a Plague/Nature dual breed release made to combat the threats posed by their adversary in BotE. [snipped] [/quote] Oh I hope they don't do some kind of dual breed ;; Nature and Plague keep getting shoved together (I understand the lore behind why) but it feels really unfair to both flights. We have to share, while all other flights get to be celebrated individually. Why aren't Earth/Air being stuck together, or Fire/Water? They're classically opposites and you could make a lore case for them to be stuck together too. Same with Shadow/Light. We already shared the BotE story. To me, personally, it feels like we're afterthoughts, that there's not much thought put into our individual flights except as "oh, opposites!" instead of new, individualistic, interesting lore being created.
EmeraldMew wrote on 2019-01-10 15:28:37:

[snipped]

Oh I hope they don't do some kind of dual breed ;; Nature and Plague keep getting shoved together (I understand the lore behind why) but it feels really unfair to both flights. We have to share, while all other flights get to be celebrated individually. Why aren't Earth/Air being stuck together, or Fire/Water? They're classically opposites and you could make a lore case for them to be stuck together too. Same with Shadow/Light. We already shared the BotE story. To me, personally, it feels like we're afterthoughts, that there's not much thought put into our individual flights except as "oh, opposites!" instead of new, individualistic, interesting lore being created.
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
Fair. I was just mentioning it in response to a question of whether other players thought there might be a two-at-once situation, while also addressing that a new breed could be BotE lore continuation rather than competing with it for focus by the staff.

And hey, there is Glimmer and Gloom for other flights that get joint stuff.

(Now I kind of wonder what paired flight Arcane lore would be with. Lightning? Something with their new generator thing paralleling Arcanist's creation? Arcanist is sort of the odd derg out when it comes to paired events.)
Fair. I was just mentioning it in response to a question of whether other players thought there might be a two-at-once situation, while also addressing that a new breed could be BotE lore continuation rather than competing with it for focus by the staff.

And hey, there is Glimmer and Gloom for other flights that get joint stuff.

(Now I kind of wonder what paired flight Arcane lore would be with. Lightning? Something with their new generator thing paralleling Arcanist's creation? Arcanist is sort of the odd derg out when it comes to paired events.)
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
I would love to get a new breed... been itching to change some of my dragons into something different (still want my water based dragon, Spirals just don't cut it for me for water dragons really)
I would love to get a new breed... been itching to change some of my dragons into something different (still want my water based dragon, Spirals just don't cut it for me for water dragons really)
Something here later
Idc when or what it will look like when it comes, all I want is a coli/swipp/pinkerton/raffle exclusive dragon whose breed change/egg can only be obtained via one of those methods.
Idc when or what it will look like when it comes, all I want is a coli/swipp/pinkerton/raffle exclusive dragon whose breed change/egg can only be obtained via one of those methods.
I've been saying the same thing. We'll see a new breed this year. Coatls came out Jan 2014, Nocs Dec 2014, Bogs Sept 2016. It's TIME.
I've been saying the same thing. We'll see a new breed this year. Coatls came out Jan 2014, Nocs Dec 2014, Bogs Sept 2016. It's TIME.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Maybe we'll get the new breed for flight rising's anniversary in June?
Maybe we'll get the new breed for flight rising's anniversary in June?
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
PLEASE BE ACCURATE
PLEASE BE ACCURATE
art shop|he/it/they
QhNru0g.png
[quote name="TheFeatherMage" date="2019-01-10 15:35:15" ] Thats cool and all but wheres tidelord [/quote]
TheFeatherMage wrote on 2019-01-10 15:35:15:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8