Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 2019: Year of the New Breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[img]https://i.imgur.com/iBr9Yvm.png[/img] hey y'all. new year, same old me- which can only mean one thing. [b]Wild Speculation™[/b]. i’m sure some older users may recognize the above screencap- this was from an art stream by undel prior to [b]November 16th, 2013[/b]. the cape apparel shown above was released on Nov. 17th, so the stream above had to have occurred at an earlier time (though the exact date is unknown). it shows the capes previewed on all the now known dragon breeds- at the time, coatls, nocturnes, and bogsneaks were still unreleased (hence the ‘nopes’ over their boxes). this shows that even as early on as this in FR’s history, multiple new breeds were being developed [i]waaaay[/i] prior to their official site debut. bogs weren’t released until [b]September 19th, 2016[/b]. this means they were still in development, even after both of the adult poses were completed as seen above, for [b]around 3 years[/b]. (2 years, 10 months, & 3 days to be exact!) [indent]but, you say, why does this matter? that screencap is old as hell and all the breeds in it are already released, so who cares? its not like any more new breeds are gonna get made at this point, FR staff obviously has too much on their plate for all that work.[/indent] well, i say, you’re wrong, hypothetical opposition for the sake of my argument! wrong!! lets take a closer look at the cape screencap, hm? that bottom right corner... that ‘so much nope’...... suspicious, is it not? if bogs were the only breed they were hiding down there, why the black boxes and text placement like that? its almost as if..... there’s been even [i]more[/i] unreleased breeds in development all this time...! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bspJNvO.png[/img][/center] by overlaying images of the appropriate size, and accounting for image cutoff, we can see that the zone of ‘so much nope’ is [i]exactly[/i] sized to be covering [b]4 new dragon poses[/b]. that’s [b]2 possible new breeds[/b] that have yet to be seen! [indent]ok, but...! you say again, argumentative as ever, how do you [i]know[/i] that there are 4 whole poses hidden down there, rather than just 2? the ‘nope’ zone words only cover enough space for 2 of the images![/indent] well...! i say, that would be a valid point [i]if[/i] the cape apparel was the only piece of evidence available- which it is not! please consider the following screencap, from a different undel art stream that occurred prior to [b]October 2nd, 2013[/b] (as the silk tunics were released on Oct. 3rd). [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/mRTJG5k.png[/img][/center] as you can see here, the ‘so much nope’ text at the bottom is in the [i]exact[/i] same place as the words in the first image. and, seeing as the tunic preview is older, it stands to reason that the text placement here was the original intention for public art streams. its right in the middle of black space that could contain exactly 6 dragon poses. 2 of which of are bogs, ofc, but those other 4 spaces? [i]those could be anything.[/i] while we, uh, don’t know literally anything about these breeds, we [i]do[/i] know that FR staff have had plenty of time to work on them. seeing as the earliest evidence of their existence is from the October 2013 stream, my rigorous scientific calculations estimate that these 2 unreleased breeds have been in development for [b]around 5 & 1/2 half years[/b]. [indent]ok yeah BUT, you say, thats just not a feasible thing to expect FR staff to be working on right now, aren’t they focusing on other projects this year? the lair tabs & hibernal den? the map update/ BOTE lore continuation? its too much work, a new breed just isn’t realistic.[/indent] fair point, my made-up devil’s advocate, but i disagree. seeing that its been roughly [b]around 3 years[/b] again since the last new breed release, which is the same timespan as the bogsneak’s debut, it is perfectly possible for a new breed to be added before the 2019 is over. probably not til after the aforementioned updates, ofc, but its certainly not too much to ask for, considering that the art team has been sitting on [i]at least[/i] one new breed for like 6 years at this point. keep in mind, 2016 also had several major site updates that didn’t hinder the release of a new breed. the crossroads update, colorwheel expansion, progenitor restoration, welcome weeks, & the bogsneak mutagen [i]all[/i] happened that year- certainly a lot of big, time-intensive projects! but did that stop FR? no!! the new breed hype must go on! [b]calling it now- 2019 will be the year of a new breed! mark my words!![/b] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/nPrRNbr.png[/img][/center] [size=5]tldr: we’ve had 2 new breeds in the works for like 6 years FR staff where they at[/size]
iBr9Yvm.png

hey y'all. new year, same old me- which can only mean one thing. Wild Speculation™.

i’m sure some older users may recognize the above screencap- this was from an art stream by undel prior to November 16th, 2013. the cape apparel shown above was released on Nov. 17th, so the stream above had to have occurred at an earlier time (though the exact date is unknown).

it shows the capes previewed on all the now known dragon breeds- at the time, coatls, nocturnes, and bogsneaks were still unreleased (hence the ‘nopes’ over their boxes). this shows that even as early on as this in FR’s history, multiple new breeds were being developed waaaay prior to their official site debut. bogs weren’t released until September 19th, 2016. this means they were still in development, even after both of the adult poses were completed as seen above, for around 3 years. (2 years, 10 months, & 3 days to be exact!)

but, you say, why does this matter? that screencap is old as hell and all the breeds in it are already released, so who cares? its not like any more new breeds are gonna get made at this point, FR staff obviously has too much on their plate for all that work.

well, i say, you’re wrong, hypothetical opposition for the sake of my argument! wrong!!

lets take a closer look at the cape screencap, hm? that bottom right corner... that ‘so much nope’...... suspicious, is it not? if bogs were the only breed they were hiding down there, why the black boxes and text placement like that? its almost as if..... there’s been even more unreleased breeds in development all this time...!

bspJNvO.png

by overlaying images of the appropriate size, and accounting for image cutoff, we can see that the zone of ‘so much nope’ is exactly sized to be covering 4 new dragon poses. that’s 2 possible new breeds that have yet to be seen!

ok, but...! you say again, argumentative as ever, how do you know that there are 4 whole poses hidden down there, rather than just 2? the ‘nope’ zone words only cover enough space for 2 of the images!

well...! i say, that would be a valid point if the cape apparel was the only piece of evidence available- which it is not! please consider the following screencap, from a different undel art stream that occurred prior to October 2nd, 2013 (as the silk tunics were released on Oct. 3rd).

mRTJG5k.png

as you can see here, the ‘so much nope’ text at the bottom is in the exact same place as the words in the first image. and, seeing as the tunic preview is older, it stands to reason that the text placement here was the original intention for public art streams. its right in the middle of black space that could contain exactly 6 dragon poses. 2 of which of are bogs, ofc, but those other 4 spaces? those could be anything.

while we, uh, don’t know literally anything about these breeds, we do know that FR staff have had plenty of time to work on them. seeing as the earliest evidence of their existence is from the October 2013 stream, my rigorous scientific calculations estimate that these 2 unreleased breeds have been in development for around 5 & 1/2 half years.

ok yeah BUT, you say, thats just not a feasible thing to expect FR staff to be working on right now, aren’t they focusing on other projects this year? the lair tabs & hibernal den? the map update/ BOTE lore continuation? its too much work, a new breed just isn’t realistic.

fair point, my made-up devil’s advocate, but i disagree. seeing that its been roughly around 3 years again since the last new breed release, which is the same timespan as the bogsneak’s debut, it is perfectly possible for a new breed to be added before the 2019 is over. probably not til after the aforementioned updates, ofc, but its certainly not too much to ask for, considering that the art team has been sitting on at least one new breed for like 6 years at this point.

keep in mind, 2016 also had several major site updates that didn’t hinder the release of a new breed. the crossroads update, colorwheel expansion, progenitor restoration, welcome weeks, & the bogsneak mutagen all happened that year- certainly a lot of big, time-intensive projects! but did that stop FR? no!! the new breed hype must go on!

calling it now- 2019 will be the year of a new breed! mark my words!!

nPrRNbr.png

tldr: we’ve had 2 new breeds in the works for like 6 years FR staff where they at
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
Wack
Wack
I mean, the staff have said before that they do have new breeds in development. They used to say they wanted it to eventually be 2 a year, but they may now believe differently. Either way, this is the longest we've gone without a breed, so I'm almost certain there will be one this year!

Imagine how rad it would be to get two at once... highly unlikely, but just imagine it...
I mean, the staff have said before that they do have new breeds in development. They used to say they wanted it to eventually be 2 a year, but they may now believe differently. Either way, this is the longest we've gone without a breed, so I'm almost certain there will be one this year!

Imagine how rad it would be to get two at once... highly unlikely, but just imagine it...
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
i'm very excited! staff must be itching to release them- i bet they'll be perfect!
i'm very excited! staff must be itching to release them- i bet they'll be perfect!
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
[quote name="Sylvpix" date="2019-01-10 15:06:09" ] Wack [/quote]
Sylvpix wrote on 2019-01-10 15:06:09:
Wack
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
I want to see my little boy [quote name="EarthTiger" date="2019-01-10 15:09:24" ] Imagine how rad it would be to get two at once... highly unlikely, but just imagine it... [/quote] Personally, I disagree. I feel like it would be too easy for one breed to overshadow the other's hype.
I want to see my little boy
EarthTiger wrote on 2019-01-10 15:09:24:

Personally, I disagree. I feel like it would be too easy for one breed to overshadow the other's hype.
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
Wack
QPhiJOS.png
If we got a new breed absolutely everyone would go ballistic either way, this year or another. I'll just sit in the back and eat popcorn, watching the drama unfold with interest.
If we got a new breed absolutely everyone would go ballistic either way, this year or another. I'll just sit in the back and eat popcorn, watching the drama unfold with interest.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
If you look at the Employment Opportunities link at the footer of the site, you’ll see that two artists were recently hired for “creating illustrations that expand our existing apparel items to cover new dragon illustrations.” So yeah, they’re definitely working on new breeds. Hoping the next one comes out this year!
If you look at the Employment Opportunities link at the footer of the site, you’ll see that two artists were recently hired for “creating illustrations that expand our existing apparel items to cover new dragon illustrations.” So yeah, they’re definitely working on new breeds. Hoping the next one comes out this year!
Wack
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8