Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mobile Tooltips Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm interested in seeking some focused feedback on site tooltips when browsing on a mobile device. While I want the discussion to be pretty free-form, I'm most interested in seeking answers to the following question:

• What tooltips currently create the biggest impediment to mobile players trying to perform routine game functions?

To give y'all a bit more clarity: many buttons on Flight Rising have informative tooltips when they are moused over with a desktop cursor, but when the site is viewed on a mobile device, these tooltips act as an "extra step" and the button or function must be tapped an additional time to use it. As we continue to work on the site, we're actively searching for ways to improve the experience for mobile players, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!
I'm interested in seeking some focused feedback on site tooltips when browsing on a mobile device. While I want the discussion to be pretty free-form, I'm most interested in seeking answers to the following question:

• What tooltips currently create the biggest impediment to mobile players trying to perform routine game functions?

To give y'all a bit more clarity: many buttons on Flight Rising have informative tooltips when they are moused over with a desktop cursor, but when the site is viewed on a mobile device, these tooltips act as an "extra step" and the button or function must be tapped an additional time to use it. As we continue to work on the site, we're actively searching for ways to improve the experience for mobile players, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I’m still confused.
May you explain a bit more? I’m tired ^^;

Edit: I usually do FR on mobile, but I’m fine on mobile.

Edit 2: Ah! Do you mean like, blockades? Well, definitely all the pop up ads. Also while doing the coli and the captcha comes up, sometimes I do click on the dragon and it counts it wrong sometimes.
I’m still confused.
May you explain a bit more? I’m tired ^^;

Edit: I usually do FR on mobile, but I’m fine on mobile.

Edit 2: Ah! Do you mean like, blockades? Well, definitely all the pop up ads. Also while doing the coli and the captcha comes up, sometimes I do click on the dragon and it counts it wrong sometimes.
ilTDop3.gif
b0BmMJi.gif
Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got.
Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got.
tumblr_oidh0m676N1tv56zio10_250.png
ReignsWrath
She/Her
HS Student
Meme Dealer
In Eternal Fanderg Hell
Wishlist | Free Cauldron
yx6on7Q.gif
Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^' Also this [quote name="ReignsWrath" date="2019-01-07 14:44:31" ] Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got. [/quote]
Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^'
Also this
ReignsWrath wrote on 2019-01-07 14:44:31:
1_by_cas_a_fras-dcnph08.gif2_by_cas_a_fras-dcnpgzt.gif3_by_cas_a_fras-dcnpgze.gif4_by_cas_a_fras-dcnpgyw.gif5_by_cas_a_fras-dcnpgyk.gif
when i'm checking CRs, i can't quite read what item i've attached on mobile because trying to touch it just brings up the attachment window.

also, skin and accent tooltips are tricky. if i click an accent to read the artist, it'll pop up, but most of the time it gets covered up by the preview window and tapping anything else even once makes the tooltip disappear :v
when i'm checking CRs, i can't quite read what item i've attached on mobile because trying to touch it just brings up the attachment window.

also, skin and accent tooltips are tricky. if i click an accent to read the artist, it'll pop up, but most of the time it gets covered up by the preview window and tapping anything else even once makes the tooltip disappear :v
TN59Q9l.png
[quote name="ReignsWrath" date="2019-01-07 14:44:31" ] Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got. [/quote] Yeah this has already been quoted but this. Edit:I’ve also had issue with tooltips not closing after tapping them on the forums, if that makes any sense.
Yeah this has already been quoted but this.
Edit:I’ve also had issue with tooltips not closing after tapping them on the forums, if that makes any sense.
lP0xncK.png
[quote name="NovaBlu" date="2019-01-07 14:45:02" ] Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^' [/quote] Lots of glitching
NovaBlu wrote on 2019-01-07 14:45:02:
Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^'

Lots of glitching
der verrat an der seele macht leben ungesund

comment/message me about your lore and I'll give feedback c:
[quote name="ReignsWrath" date="2019-01-07 14:44:31" ] Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got. [/quote] IDK if I had that issue with the notification tooltip, maybe I dont care because my first notification is usually obviously baldwin, but the friend request tooltip has done this to me multiple times and blocks seeing or even responding to the friend request

IDK if I had that issue with the notification tooltip, maybe I dont care because my first notification is usually obviously baldwin, but the friend request tooltip has done this to me multiple times and blocks seeing or even responding to the friend request
17501.png .
Danibug!
She/Her
FR+1
17502.png PxkVPb1.png
[quote name="Dieter" date="2019-01-07 14:47:38" ] [quote name="NovaBlu" date="2019-01-07 14:45:02" ] Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^' [/quote] Lots of glitching [/quote] I have tap on that thing four times sometimes. Two to get it open, two to get to the link.
Dieter wrote on 2019-01-07 14:47:38:
NovaBlu wrote on 2019-01-07 14:45:02:

Lots of glitching
I have tap on that thing four times sometimes. Two to get it open, two to get to the link.
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.
Familiar bonding can be a pain on mobile because you have to click twice. And when you have ~160 familiars, that’s a lot of clicking.
Familiar bonding can be a pain on mobile because you have to click twice. And when you have ~160 familiars, that’s a lot of clicking.
so much potential with a blank page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8