Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [DATA] Strange Chest Drop Recording
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
...And that's that!

Well, not really. You have until the ninth to open chests before they disintegrate. I'll probably stop taking responses on the tenth and start cleaning up the data in the next few days. My wrist hurts so I'll stop typing so much now.

We're a few away from 2300 responses; way more than I ever imagined. Seriously, thank you to everyone who's helped. Literally couldn't have done it without you!
...And that's that!

Well, not really. You have until the ninth to open chests before they disintegrate. I'll probably stop taking responses on the tenth and start cleaning up the data in the next few days. My wrist hurts so I'll stop typing so much now.

We're a few away from 2300 responses; way more than I ever imagined. Seriously, thank you to everyone who's helped. Literally couldn't have done it without you!
I have yet to open my chests but will make sure to record them here...

Also current chest prices are rising, 23g or 24kt each in the AH for now, while egg prices are fluctuating a tad bit under 200g~200kt, will probably accentuate later in peak hour as people open the last chests.
I have yet to open my chests but will make sure to record them here...

Also current chest prices are rising, 23g or 24kt each in the AH for now, while egg prices are fluctuating a tad bit under 200g~200kt, will probably accentuate later in peak hour as people open the last chests.
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

Going to enter data for 284 chests tonight!
Going to enter data for 284 chests tonight!
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/C3NSjyv.png[/img] holy responses batman Seems numbers are about as stable as they're gonna be. 50% of drops being familiars...yeesh.
C3NSjyv.png

holy responses batman

Seems numbers are about as stable as they're gonna be. 50% of drops being familiars...yeesh.
Ho boy I was gonna enter stuff in but then I realized I had to do it per item and went nope. Just opened 616 chests and am. Not up for doing that lol.

The stats I have from my personal haul are:

58 Nocturne Eggs
3 Breed Change Scrolls
25 Smirch Scrolls
36 Vistas
- 12 New
183 Apparel Pieces
- 87 new
314 Familiars
- 87 new

Which does parallel the overall drops everyone's been getting. Pretty neat!
Ho boy I was gonna enter stuff in but then I realized I had to do it per item and went nope. Just opened 616 chests and am. Not up for doing that lol.

The stats I have from my personal haul are:

58 Nocturne Eggs
3 Breed Change Scrolls
25 Smirch Scrolls
36 Vistas
- 12 New
183 Apparel Pieces
- 87 new
314 Familiars
- 87 new

Which does parallel the overall drops everyone's been getting. Pretty neat!
uCR5SCW.png
this thing was pretty cool to look at! thanks for making this!
this thing was pretty cool to look at! thanks for making this!

__snek, snek, let down your necc
_ 5RUhw7e.gifmISblcI.gifXjw0MAJ.gif
@sirspiderider I have 1,575 chests' worth of data from my various mass-openings. Would it be possible to enter that all at once, by any chance, rather than the single use form?
@sirspiderider I have 1,575 chests' worth of data from my various mass-openings. Would it be possible to enter that all at once, by any chance, rather than the single use form?
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

@Alestrius

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, that wouldn't update the pie chart that compares drop type frequencies. However, you're more than free to post your results here anyway for others to look through. (Or just record, say, the first 150 chests.)
@Alestrius

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, that wouldn't update the pie chart that compares drop type frequencies. However, you're more than free to post your results here anyway for others to look through. (Or just record, say, the first 150 chests.)
@sirspiderider I'm not sure why it wouldn't update the pie chart. o_O Could you show me how you coded it up so I can take a look under the hood and see why it might disregard non-form data? So far as I can tell, it should be possible to just add the data.
@sirspiderider I'm not sure why it wouldn't update the pie chart. o_O Could you show me how you coded it up so I can take a look under the hood and see why it might disregard non-form data? So far as I can tell, it should be possible to just add the data.
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

@Alestrius As far as I know, Google Forms will display a chart for every question asked, and the type of chart depends on the kind of answers it accepts. Here's what I see on the results page: [img]https://i.imgur.com/svbBMCZ.png[/img] Sorry it's so zoomed out. Anyway, if I were to add questions or even add a new form to allow for multiple entries, it wouldn't automatically add your data to any of the charts here, as the questions would be totally different. And copying and pasting it all to the spreadsheet alone wouldn't alter the chart, either, and that's what most people are probably going to use as a reference. So unless there's a way to make a single chart read from two different questions, the best that can be done is compare the raw numbers. Speaking of which, I still have to fix incorrect entries, so I'll likely post before and after graphs once I'm done with that.
@Alestrius

As far as I know, Google Forms will display a chart for every question asked, and the type of chart depends on the kind of answers it accepts. Here's what I see on the results page:

svbBMCZ.png

Sorry it's so zoomed out. Anyway, if I were to add questions or even add a new form to allow for multiple entries, it wouldn't automatically add your data to any of the charts here, as the questions would be totally different. And copying and pasting it all to the spreadsheet alone wouldn't alter the chart, either, and that's what most people are probably going to use as a reference. So unless there's a way to make a single chart read from two different questions, the best that can be done is compare the raw numbers.

Speaking of which, I still have to fix incorrect entries, so I'll likely post before and after graphs once I'm done with that.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9