Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Illegal goods in Sornieth?
1 2 3 4 5 6
dragon leather is a thing...i'd imagine that'd be a black market sort of item. [item=Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy]
dragon leather is a thing...i'd imagine that'd be a black market sort of item.

Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy
yzUX307.png
[quote name="Ratiasu" date="2018-10-22 12:34:04" ] dragon leather is a thing...i'd imagine that'd be a black market sort of item. [item=Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy] [/quote] I always assumed 'dragon leather' was special leather that was handcrafted by dragons...
Ratiasu wrote on 2018-10-22 12:34:04:
dragon leather is a thing...i'd imagine that'd be a black market sort of item.

Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy
I always assumed 'dragon leather' was special leather that was handcrafted by dragons...
[quote name="CelestialPrime" date="2018-10-22 08:31:40" ] My lair has a small black market run by Vadalma. It deals in poisons and assassins, but it’s famous for being able to shelter dragons from the Tidelord and his prophets. Desperate parents might come to Vadalma begging to keep a hatchling from being exalted. [/quote] @CelestialPrime That sounds interesting. How does that work?
CelestialPrime wrote on 2018-10-22 08:31:40:
My lair has a small black market run by Vadalma. It deals in poisons and assassins, but it’s famous for being able to shelter dragons from the Tidelord and his prophets. Desperate parents might come to Vadalma begging to keep a hatchling from being exalted.
@CelestialPrime

That sounds interesting. How does that work?
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
@oreomilkshake
My clan lore is all over the place, but it includes dragons that were marked at birth for exalting, depending on the constellation highest in the sky when the egg hatched. The idea is that a prophet of the Tidelord would eventually come and take the hatchling so that it could be exalted.
Vadalma’s lore (which is currently unwritten but it’s definitely formed in my head) is that she was able to hide from the prophets and the Tidelord. She hides other hatchlings and dragons on the condition that they become assassins and traders under her command.
@oreomilkshake
My clan lore is all over the place, but it includes dragons that were marked at birth for exalting, depending on the constellation highest in the sky when the egg hatched. The idea is that a prophet of the Tidelord would eventually come and take the hatchling so that it could be exalted.
Vadalma’s lore (which is currently unwritten but it’s definitely formed in my head) is that she was able to hide from the prophets and the Tidelord. She hides other hatchlings and dragons on the condition that they become assassins and traders under her command.
Clan Lore
Probably anything that comes from dragons (Pearlcatcher pearls, horns, unhatched eggs, hatchlings) and maybe some powerful items.

Eliminate sounds like the kind of thing to be outlawed, since of how strong it is (explaining it's price too).
Probably anything that comes from dragons (Pearlcatcher pearls, horns, unhatched eggs, hatchlings) and maybe some powerful items.

Eliminate sounds like the kind of thing to be outlawed, since of how strong it is (explaining it's price too).
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
honestly as soon as i thought this i thought

"hey hatchie, u want some illegal sornieth goods"

"hecc no get away from me"

honestly as soon as i thought this i thought

"hey hatchie, u want some illegal sornieth goods"

"hecc no get away from me"

Hello LGBT Community
I've got one dragon who's a courier/smuggler (Gioclase), but i dunno what exactly would be considered illegal goods in this world. I imagine it varies wildly by flight and even individual clan territories, for example pieces of dragons like horns, pearls, bones, and skin (such as many other people have listed on this thread) would probably be considered completely fine in a majority of Plague flight.
I've got one dragon who's a courier/smuggler (Gioclase), but i dunno what exactly would be considered illegal goods in this world. I imagine it varies wildly by flight and even individual clan territories, for example pieces of dragons like horns, pearls, bones, and skin (such as many other people have listed on this thread) would probably be considered completely fine in a majority of Plague flight.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Of course, powdered Ridgeback horn = illicit aphrodisiac
Of course, powdered Ridgeback horn = illicit aphrodisiac
Imperial Scrolls

Lightweaver wants to reduce the amount of Imps inhabiting Sorneith, so the scrolls have been outlawed throughout. There's a few on the black market, but they are increasingly rare.
Imperial Scrolls

Lightweaver wants to reduce the amount of Imps inhabiting Sorneith, so the scrolls have been outlawed throughout. There's a few on the black market, but they are increasingly rare.
UwUnl7O.png
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-10-22 07:25:32" ] I read 'illegal Gods' at first, now that would be interesting too Makes me think about items created to worship the shade, I could imagine those to not be legal [/quote] this is really interesting,,, maybe not just the shade but worshipping any other religion that's not the 11 gods could be 'illegal'
Shougoney wrote on 2018-10-22 07:25:32:
I read 'illegal Gods' at first, now that would be interesting too
Makes me think about items created to worship the shade, I could imagine those to not be legal
this is really interesting,,, maybe not just the shade but worshipping any other religion that's not the 11 gods could be 'illegal'
:D
1 2 3 4 5 6