Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I made a fae!
1 2
As part of my job in IT on campus, we had a 3d modeling assignment where we had to make something in CAD software and print it out. After many failed prints, I finally have my fae! I made this in Sketchup, which is free and pretty user friendly. It's a bit cruder than I would like but I had a deadline and the powerful CAD software I have is at home and windows-only. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a8341e6f48b4575290449826119de699/tumblr_pgx7jwTFw11s9gduao1_1280.jpg[/img] My plan is to color it exactly like my custom progen, Greninja. I'd love to share the model on Thingiverse, but I don't know about copyright laws all that well. Mods, admins, @Kaepora do you know about this?
As part of my job in IT on campus, we had a 3d modeling assignment where we had to make something in CAD software and print it out. After many failed prints, I finally have my fae!

I made this in Sketchup, which is free and pretty user friendly. It's a bit cruder than I would like but I had a deadline and the powerful CAD software I have is at home and windows-only.

tumblr_pgx7jwTFw11s9gduao1_1280.jpg
My plan is to color it exactly like my custom progen, Greninja.

I'd love to share the model on Thingiverse, but I don't know about copyright laws all that well. Mods, admins, @Kaepora do you know about this?
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
@Chaosarceus

Ooh, very cute.
@Chaosarceus

Ooh, very cute.
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
oh its so cuuuuuute so square i love it
oh its so cuuuuuute so square i love it
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Yes I'd like 20 thanks
Yes I'd like 20 thanks
QjxN3Ta.jpg
it’s so small and SQUARE!!?

I LOVE IT???
it’s so small and SQUARE!!?

I LOVE IT???
neck stick
neck stick
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
the neck is too short jk jk its v cute I love it
the neck is too short jk jk its v cute I love it
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
@VENNY
Yeah, it is. Alas, that was a shortcoming of the software I used since it's not easy to use curves. I realize now I could've made the neck like I did the tail by putting a little stump as the anchor point and then making the curve but oops! It's hard to make sure the size is appropriate that way so I guess it worked out okay overall!

Nothing is more frustrating than modeling something and realizing you were working in milimeters over inches and vise-versa, or noticing that you've gone waaaaaaay beyond the build limit of the printer!
@VENNY
Yeah, it is. Alas, that was a shortcoming of the software I used since it's not easy to use curves. I realize now I could've made the neck like I did the tail by putting a little stump as the anchor point and then making the curve but oops! It's hard to make sure the size is appropriate that way so I guess it worked out okay overall!

Nothing is more frustrating than modeling something and realizing you were working in milimeters over inches and vise-versa, or noticing that you've gone waaaaaaay beyond the build limit of the printer!
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
it's so cute and smol :o
it's so cute and smol :o
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
:0!! So precious
:0!! So precious
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale