Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do the breed change scrolls have lore..?
1 2 3
Just curious if anyone knows if anything has been said lore wise for breed change scrolls, like how they are actually applied/work/limitations. Do they only work on dragons? Or could... like... Any creature desperate enough use them...?

Def not wanting lore for a familiar using a breed change scroll to become a dragon that would be ridiCULOUS
Just curious if anyone knows if anything has been said lore wise for breed change scrolls, like how they are actually applied/work/limitations. Do they only work on dragons? Or could... like... Any creature desperate enough use them...?

Def not wanting lore for a familiar using a breed change scroll to become a dragon that would be ridiCULOUS
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
i dont think theres any sort of official lore for them! for the most part i tend to treat it like they've always been that breed unless them changing breed suits their narrative

ex: Malik has changed from a skydancer to a fae because he's running from something, and changed his name and breed as not to stand out. I did that because he came with some really nice art that i dont want to get rid of
i dont think theres any sort of official lore for them! for the most part i tend to treat it like they've always been that breed unless them changing breed suits their narrative

ex: Malik has changed from a skydancer to a fae because he's running from something, and changed his name and breed as not to stand out. I did that because he came with some really nice art that i dont want to get rid of
Stuffed Mith
||
he/they/she
changed username galdr -> dunmeshi 1/2/24
I almost did that once though! I couldn't find the right dragon unfortunately.
As far as I know all staff has said that the scrolls turn into glittery dust once used.
Ive got a Fae who was a Tundra and his purple wool coat is some leftover fur that he kept
I almost did that once though! I couldn't find the right dragon unfortunately.
As far as I know all staff has said that the scrolls turn into glittery dust once used.
Ive got a Fae who was a Tundra and his purple wool coat is some leftover fur that he kept
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Lore wise, for my Clan, any type of specialty scroll comes from the Arcane flight. They are scrolls infused with ancient magic. When a dragon reads the scroll, along with the right environment ((like, you need three apples or something)) then the dragon can change their breed and appearance.

For changing into rarer breeds, it takes more items along with the scroll. A Nocturne breed change would require more secondary items than a Guardian breed change.
Lore wise, for my Clan, any type of specialty scroll comes from the Arcane flight. They are scrolls infused with ancient magic. When a dragon reads the scroll, along with the right environment ((like, you need three apples or something)) then the dragon can change their breed and appearance.

For changing into rarer breeds, it takes more items along with the scroll. A Nocturne breed change would require more secondary items than a Guardian breed change.
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
Yes! There was a question in the Staff Q&A once, though I'll have to go find it.
Yes! There was a question in the Staff Q&A once, though I'll have to go find it.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
I think they were mentioned in passing in the Baldwin lore? Hold on.... Yep! Here it is! [quote]Baldwin's gradual transformation was fascinating. It wasn't uncommon for dragons to utilize magic-imbued scrolls to change themselves, but those worked nearly instantaneously, and were only successful if one focused all of their own internal magical energy into the process. Seeing someone go through it over the course of a month was very alien, and appeared quite physically taxing. [/quote]
I think they were mentioned in passing in the Baldwin lore? Hold on....

Yep! Here it is!
Quote:
Baldwin's gradual transformation was fascinating. It wasn't uncommon for dragons to utilize magic-imbued scrolls to change themselves, but those worked nearly instantaneously, and were only successful if one focused all of their own internal magical energy into the process. Seeing someone go through it over the course of a month was very alien, and appeared quite physically taxing.
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
[quote name="jennycatmystique" date="2018-09-26 16:14:36" ] Do they only work on dragons? Or could... like... Any creature desperate enough use them...? [/quote] Just think: The Beast Clans turning [i]into[/i] dragons! It is ridiculous [s]but I actually think it’s a super cool idea?![/s]
jennycatmystique wrote on 2018-09-26 16:14:36:
Do they only work on dragons? Or could... like... Any creature desperate enough use them...?

Just think: The Beast Clans turning into dragons! It is ridiculous but I actually think it’s a super cool idea?!
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
@Sludgy one of my dragons has a wincarve fugitive as a familiar that is being chased down by his old clan so I've been mentally toying with the idea of what if he decided to become a dragon to escape
@Sludgy one of my dragons has a wincarve fugitive as a familiar that is being chased down by his old clan so I've been mentally toying with the idea of what if he decided to become a dragon to escape
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
@LittleDoctor oh oh I really like that idea! That makes sense, and makes it a bit more like a ritual than just, unfurling a scroll and -Poof!- suddenly a completely different breed
@LittleDoctor oh oh I really like that idea! That makes sense, and makes it a bit more like a ritual than just, unfurling a scroll and -Poof!- suddenly a completely different breed
Baldwins lore for the bogsneak covers it, as someone else has posted
Baldwins lore for the bogsneak covers it, as someone else has posted
1 2 3