Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | my journey of attempting a subspecies
1 2 3
this is just a place for me to track my progress until they become official (if they ever do)! the basics are that theyre creatures who mimic dragons in order to survive, except they usually get something wrong giving them that "close enough to look right but wrong enough to be creepy" appearance. the original thread i did is [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2535407/1]here[/url]! you can read through some of my posts to get a better idea of how theyd work. [i]technically[/i], they do exist now since today, i bought a dragon to become the first "official" member of this subspecies! they now have a proper name! meet the [u]Masklings[/u]! since flight rising has specific lineart for each dragon, the part that Masklings get wrong can only be described or drawn yourself. anyway!! the first dragon i chose to be a Maskling is this mirror:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45351653] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/453517/45351653_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s0HgcDfKa7cnReqAuWdePuDmVRrcORF8A3lYMK4hAOY/edit?usp=sharing]heres a link to some information![/url] pinglist: @/okn (ping if hatchlings are sold) @/WishUponADragon @/Kairi @/Gravebloom @/cynosural @/NikoLazuli @/Arimys @/silverwolv [b]10/20/1018 edit for newcomers[/b]: hi! im glad youre interested enough to read all this! updates are slow, unfortunately. as of today, im saving up for secret santa! i wanna be able to spend lots of treasure on this person! aside from that, saving up to fully gene a dragon is hard, even with dom discounts. id also like to get a breeding pair eventually! ill have to go for something with no color limits so that i dont have to worry about ranges and only focus on genes. so, even though updates are slow as heck, they will come! thank you, and enjoy the subspecies ^^
this is just a place for me to track my progress until they become official (if they ever do)!

the basics are that theyre creatures who mimic dragons in order to survive, except they usually get something wrong giving them that "close enough to look right but wrong enough to be creepy" appearance.

the original thread i did is here! you can read through some of my posts to get a better idea of how theyd work.

technically, they do exist now since today, i bought a dragon to become the first "official" member of this subspecies! they now have a proper name! meet the Masklings!

since flight rising has specific lineart for each dragon, the part that Masklings get wrong can only be described or drawn yourself.

anyway!! the first dragon i chose to be a Maskling is this mirror:
45351653_350.png

heres a link to some information!

pinglist:
@/okn (ping if hatchlings are sold)
@/WishUponADragon
@/Kairi
@/Gravebloom
@/cynosural
@/NikoLazuli
@/Arimys
@/silverwolv

10/20/1018 edit for newcomers: hi! im glad youre interested enough to read all this! updates are slow, unfortunately. as of today, im saving up for secret santa! i wanna be able to spend lots of treasure on this person!
aside from that, saving up to fully gene a dragon is hard, even with dom discounts.

id also like to get a breeding pair eventually! ill have to go for something with no color limits so that i dont have to worry about ranges and only focus on genes.

so, even though updates are slow as heck, they will come! thank you, and enjoy the subspecies ^^
they/worm/she | 19 | frt +3 | pings ok!
art shop | wishlist | tumblr | usd commissions
zorua.gif
@Pteranodon @ObsidianMage @Gravebloom
to the people who wanted to be pinged: im trying! not much has happened but since i technically made them a thing by getting a dragon for it i thought i should let you know qwq
theres only 1 "official" member right now but 1 is better than none right?

people who didnt specifically ask to be pinged but showed interest: @okn @WishUponADragon

i feel kinda bad now that theyre "real" bc i dont want them to be hyped up and turn out to be disappointing ;-;
i apologize in advance if they arent what you thought theyd be! im open to suggestions though!!!
@Pteranodon @ObsidianMage @Gravebloom
to the people who wanted to be pinged: im trying! not much has happened but since i technically made them a thing by getting a dragon for it i thought i should let you know qwq
theres only 1 "official" member right now but 1 is better than none right?

people who didnt specifically ask to be pinged but showed interest: @okn @WishUponADragon

i feel kinda bad now that theyre "real" bc i dont want them to be hyped up and turn out to be disappointing ;-;
i apologize in advance if they arent what you thought theyd be! im open to suggestions though!!!
zorua.gif
I'm so glad you're doing this! Mimics is a fantastic name for them. And there's so much you can do with apparel. Are there going to be color/gene/breed identifiers or is this going to be more of a lore-based subspecies? Both are great! I think most subspecies posts are over in dragon share, but I've seen a few over here too! (And, yes, I'd like to be on any pinglists for this, thanks for thinking to add me!)
I'm so glad you're doing this! Mimics is a fantastic name for them. And there's so much you can do with apparel. Are there going to be color/gene/breed identifiers or is this going to be more of a lore-based subspecies? Both are great! I think most subspecies posts are over in dragon share, but I've seen a few over here too! (And, yes, I'd like to be on any pinglists for this, thanks for thinking to add me!)
dczn1qe-7ea5b2bc-c7a9-4a6a-8ea7-1777b6cff32a.png
I'm interested in following this if you would be willing to ping me as well?
I'm interested in following this if you would be willing to ping me as well?
Ov8CDvV.png
She/Her | FR+3

| Art Shop
| Gaoler Adopts
| Brewing & Melting
| Wishlist

can I have a ping if you sell any?
can I have a ping if you sell any?
cowfish.gif
This is great! (the antlers could also be extra horns)
This is great! (the antlers could also be extra horns)
@Torchii

Oooo, I might buy a dragon or two to turn into a mimic, if you don't mind. I'd also be nice to have a list of apparel that could work as things that are wrong with the mimic. I'll look around in a bit the but the first things I think of are the roundhorn/antler apparel, wooly apparel, and the feather wings/tails.
@Torchii

Oooo, I might buy a dragon or two to turn into a mimic, if you don't mind. I'd also be nice to have a list of apparel that could work as things that are wrong with the mimic. I'll look around in a bit the but the first things I think of are the roundhorn/antler apparel, wooly apparel, and the feather wings/tails.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
it would be pretty rad (though, id also imagine, expensive) if there was a set of skins for every dragon that worked to kind of distort the dragon a little bit so that, while the lineart is still the same and it looks like a regular dragon from afar, up close you notice the things wrong with it that apparel just can't portray by itself
it would be pretty rad (though, id also imagine, expensive) if there was a set of skins for every dragon that worked to kind of distort the dragon a little bit so that, while the lineart is still the same and it looks like a regular dragon from afar, up close you notice the things wrong with it that apparel just can't portray by itself
ahh theres so much support qwq

@WishUponADragon i do plan to have gene and color restrictions just so they stay unique! and so it fits their personalities. for example: they know that insides tend to be red so when mimicking capsule, theyd use red/pink ranged colors. id also give them lore to help compensate for the limitations!

@Kairi ill absolutely ping you!

@okn it might take a while before breeding happens but ill definitely let you know!

@HoodieCat thank you!

@V88 i dont mind! though could you wait a bit while the genes are being sorted out? an apparel list is definitely a good idea! ill make one as soon as i can.

@Luckybird7765 i actually was considering skins that copied genes so they could mimic other dragons while keeping their original genes! thats a much better idea though! itd work for extra eyes and things like that! ill try to design something if i can save up for it!
ahh theres so much support qwq

@WishUponADragon i do plan to have gene and color restrictions just so they stay unique! and so it fits their personalities. for example: they know that insides tend to be red so when mimicking capsule, theyd use red/pink ranged colors. id also give them lore to help compensate for the limitations!

@Kairi ill absolutely ping you!

@okn it might take a while before breeding happens but ill definitely let you know!

@HoodieCat thank you!

@V88 i dont mind! though could you wait a bit while the genes are being sorted out? an apparel list is definitely a good idea! ill make one as soon as i can.

@Luckybird7765 i actually was considering skins that copied genes so they could mimic other dragons while keeping their original genes! thats a much better idea though! itd work for extra eyes and things like that! ill try to design something if i can save up for it!
zorua.gif
@Torchii I'm fine for waiting, i'm just a bit excited, haha. Anyways, here are some ideas, any color variants not included in order to save space. [item=Blueberry Plumes][item=rose plumage][item=lights in the dark][item=big bad wolf][item=wild headdress][item=roundhorn roundup][item=hunter's trophies][item=Pillager's Fur Armwraps][item=Pillager's Fur legwraps] [item=Brown Wooly Coat] [item=Brown Wooly antenna] [item=Brown Wooly tail] [item=thresher flatfins] [item=runaway rotclaw]
@Torchii
I'm fine for waiting, i'm just a bit excited, haha.
Anyways, here are some ideas, any color variants not included in order to save space.

Blueberry Plumes Rose Plumage Big Bad Wolf Wild Headdress Roundhorn Roundup Hunter's Trophies Pillager's Fur Armwraps Pillager's Fur Legwraps Brown Wooly Coat Brown Wooly Tail Thresher Flatfins Runaway Rotclaw
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
1 2 3