Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The first KS familiar is up for raffle!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Man, you guys are too suspicious about this. It's one of the first raffles ever held -- you don't think staff or friends of staff might have saved a KS item for this very occasion? And the person that donated it probably wants to stay anonymous to prevent a deluge of users messaging them and potentially pestering them about other retired items.

I think they deliberately didn't introduce it immediately and gave it a couple weeks to let the new feature settle, but still introduced it early into the feature's lifespan so people know KS items are a real possibility. (Can you imagine if they did this on the first week? There'd be rioting in the streets from confused players.)
Man, you guys are too suspicious about this. It's one of the first raffles ever held -- you don't think staff or friends of staff might have saved a KS item for this very occasion? And the person that donated it probably wants to stay anonymous to prevent a deluge of users messaging them and potentially pestering them about other retired items.

I think they deliberately didn't introduce it immediately and gave it a couple weeks to let the new feature settle, but still introduced it early into the feature's lifespan so people know KS items are a real possibility. (Can you imagine if they did this on the first week? There'd be rioting in the streets from confused players.)
How do people use a site this much and praise the admins and devs for being such nice people and all that, but the second they bring back a retired item (which wasn't even technically brought back mind you) people lose it and don't trust the admins? Why would they lie? Seriously, they have no reason to, and they've made it clear what they're doing. Why aren't yall talking about the fact one of the staff or their families were kind enough to donate the Skycat in the first place?

And please don't mistake my post for being hostile, it's the furthest thing from that. I'm genuinely wondering why people are so quick to distrust.
How do people use a site this much and praise the admins and devs for being such nice people and all that, but the second they bring back a retired item (which wasn't even technically brought back mind you) people lose it and don't trust the admins? Why would they lie? Seriously, they have no reason to, and they've made it clear what they're doing. Why aren't yall talking about the fact one of the staff or their families were kind enough to donate the Skycat in the first place?

And please don't mistake my post for being hostile, it's the furthest thing from that. I'm genuinely wondering why people are so quick to distrust.
im just gonna keep randomly buying around 50 tickets per raffle until i win :>
im just gonna keep randomly buying around 50 tickets per raffle until i win :>
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
[quote name="Klawzor" date="2018-09-12 18:17:40" ] How do people use a site this much and praise the admins and devs for being such nice people and all that, but the second they bring back a retired item (which wasn't even technically brought back mind you) people lose it and don't trust the admins? Why would they lie? Seriously, they have no reason to, and they've made it clear what they're doing. Why aren't yall talking about the fact one of the staff or their families were kind enough to donate the Skycat in the first place? And please don't mistake my post for being hostile, it's the furthest thing from that. I'm genuinely wondering why people are so quick to distrust. [/quote] Imagine if you had a favorite T-shirt company. They printed shirts in an array of colors but after the first year their fan base realized that after their very first shirt run, they'd never again printed anything in green. This was just out of happenstance but the community latched on to the idea and they started memeing about it; some humorous like claiming the owners were leprechauns and were trying too hard to hide it, some trying to make it political claiming the company was making a political statement, while some really out there individuals claiming it was an attack on the Catholic faith. All in all, it becomes part of the community lore that this company doesn't print green shirts. The company owners themselves get in on it and promise to not print any more green shirts. Fast forward five years and as a charity run they decide to print a green shirt. Is there cause for a breach of trust there? The new run is for a good cause, the original promise wasn't really a big deal and does it really matter if a company changes its mind for the better? Well, it depends. Legally, (in the eyes of the US and most similar countries contract law) there is no breach of contract here because there was no contract. Legal contracts require consideration, some form of give and take, to be considered contractual. Note that this doesn't mean signatures or clicking an "I accept" button after lying about reading all the fine print. Buying a bottle of water is a contract, you and the seller engage in mutual offer and acceptance of terms, choosing a price, and there is consideration- your dollar for their water. If your T-shirt company said they'd not make any more green shirts if everybody voted for them in the next awards competition, then they would be held to legal recompense for breach due to there being a contractual agreement that they failed to uphold. They could be held to an promissory estoppel by anyone who had collected the first run shirt that could prove there was a loss of value thereby, but the only measure of damages would be the provable change in price, not any loss of profit. That pretty much covers the legal aspect. As a moral question, trust is a fragile thing. Some are more willing to give and restore it after a potential breach than others. To each their own.
Klawzor wrote on 2018-09-12 18:17:40:

Imagine if you had a favorite T-shirt company. They printed shirts in an array of colors but after the first year their fan base realized that after their very first shirt run, they'd never again printed anything in green. This was just out of happenstance but the community latched on to the idea and they started memeing about it; some humorous like claiming the owners were leprechauns and were trying too hard to hide it, some trying to make it political claiming the company was making a political statement, while some really out there individuals claiming it was an attack on the Catholic faith. All in all, it becomes part of the community lore that this company doesn't print green shirts. The company owners themselves get in on it and promise to not print any more green shirts.

Fast forward five years and as a charity run they decide to print a green shirt.

Is there cause for a breach of trust there? The new run is for a good cause, the original promise wasn't really a big deal and does it really matter if a company changes its mind for the better?

Well, it depends.

Legally, (in the eyes of the US and most similar countries contract law) there is no breach of contract here because there was no contract. Legal contracts require consideration, some form of give and take, to be considered contractual. Note that this doesn't mean signatures or clicking an "I accept" button after lying about reading all the fine print. Buying a bottle of water is a contract, you and the seller engage in mutual offer and acceptance of terms, choosing a price, and there is consideration- your dollar for their water. If your T-shirt company said they'd not make any more green shirts if everybody voted for them in the next awards competition, then they would be held to legal recompense for breach due to there being a contractual agreement that they failed to uphold.

They could be held to an promissory estoppel by anyone who had collected the first run shirt that could prove there was a loss of value thereby, but the only measure of damages would be the provable change in price, not any loss of profit.

That pretty much covers the legal aspect.

As a moral question, trust is a fragile thing. Some are more willing to give and restore it after a potential breach than others.

To each their own.
Wishlist collecting All the things!. Oh dear... Total quest on track!

Always looking for holiday toned UMAs.
[quote]Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG.[/quote] That still means that there were new retired items generated to show up in the prize pool. Retired generally means that there is no further way of the item generating. The fact that there has been more generated for Roundsey means that the retired item was brought back. Unless this is also supposed to be claiming that the retired items are also coming from 'staff' or 'staff friends'?
Quote:
Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG.

That still means that there were new retired items generated to show up in the prize pool. Retired generally means that there is no further way of the item generating. The fact that there has been more generated for Roundsey means that the retired item was brought back.
Unless this is also supposed to be claiming that the retired items are also coming from 'staff' or 'staff friends'?
TOW2n3q.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-09-12 14:30:21" ] Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired. [/quote] @Aequorin care to try and say that five times fast? :D
Aequorin wrote on 2018-09-12 14:30:21:
Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired.

@Aequorin care to try and say that five times fast? :D
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
I dont understand why people are so quick to be suspicious. It reeks of older players having elitism or people working towards these goals feeling undermined that there's now (theoretically) an easier way to get an item they wanted. The latter is incredibly understandable, however.

Honestly? Even if staff isn't pulling from their own accounts or friends and family, (Why would they lie anyways but like, for those with doubts) I'd be willing to bet it's from locked accounts that aren't getting unlocked ever again. Chickensmoothie does that; why shouldn't FR? It's not upsetting the item balance, just putting them back into circulation.
I dont understand why people are so quick to be suspicious. It reeks of older players having elitism or people working towards these goals feeling undermined that there's now (theoretically) an easier way to get an item they wanted. The latter is incredibly understandable, however.

Honestly? Even if staff isn't pulling from their own accounts or friends and family, (Why would they lie anyways but like, for those with doubts) I'd be willing to bet it's from locked accounts that aren't getting unlocked ever again. Chickensmoothie does that; why shouldn't FR? It's not upsetting the item balance, just putting them back into circulation.
kzfQS2f.png
Watch the skycat go to someone who already owns a skycat cause they bought a lot of tickets (^:
Watch the skycat go to someone who already owns a skycat cause they bought a lot of tickets (^:
VGxuHXT.png
[quote]Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired.[/quote] I mean...if they're being brought back through Roundsey, it's kinda hard to say they're still retired. Unless a retired item will only ever appear once ever in the raffle. Ex. red-footed akirbeaks will never be raffled again. Then I would agree with this. [b]I would really love confirmation on this though.[/b] Just throwing out numbers here, but lets say 500 akirbeaks were given out as a downtime gift. It's now retired. Then Roundsey raffles off 5 [i]new[/i] akirbeaks. Now there are 505. This is what people are upset about and why they're saying retired items have been "brought back". It may be in an extremely limited amount, but it's still generating more of an item that was said to be retired. So while I can see where some players have lost a bit of trust, I don't share their view. People have wanted some way to obtain retired items for a long time and this is really the best way to do so. 100% controlled, limited, and randomly gifted. Aequorin/staff, if you do see this, thank you for putting so much work and dedication to this game, and always doing what you think is best.
Quote:
Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired.

I mean...if they're being brought back through Roundsey, it's kinda hard to say they're still retired. Unless a retired item will only ever appear once ever in the raffle. Ex. red-footed akirbeaks will never be raffled again. Then I would agree with this. I would really love confirmation on this though.

Just throwing out numbers here, but lets say 500 akirbeaks were given out as a downtime gift. It's now retired. Then Roundsey raffles off 5 new akirbeaks. Now there are 505. This is what people are upset about and why they're saying retired items have been "brought back". It may be in an extremely limited amount, but it's still generating more of an item that was said to be retired.

So while I can see where some players have lost a bit of trust, I don't share their view. People have wanted some way to obtain retired items for a long time and this is really the best way to do so. 100% controlled, limited, and randomly gifted. Aequorin/staff, if you do see this, thank you for putting so much work and dedication to this game, and always doing what you think is best.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@LicianDragon

In every single post the devs have made, they said they are taking retired items from friends and family as donations, and no more are being made. There are still 500 akirbeaks total on the site, they've just been redistributed.
@LicianDragon

In every single post the devs have made, they said they are taking retired items from friends and family as donations, and no more are being made. There are still 500 akirbeaks total on the site, they've just been redistributed.
93fkMbU.png Lljxkv3.gif My username isn't a reference to Borderlands 2, got it from the killer doll episode of The Twilight Zone! SsBvTtd.gif BiBear.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9