Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The first KS familiar is up for raffle!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-09-12 05:19:57" ] I sort of wonder how many of these "friends and family" KS items are in existence. Obviously they can't keep this up forever if they want to stay true to their word. [/quote] There was over 700 people that backed the Kickstarter and got the a Skycat. If just 1/5 of those people were willing to donate theirs, and they did one a month, they'd be able to do this for over 10 years. [quote name="Tinytalkingtina" date="2018-09-12 06:01:43" ] So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust! [/quote]Well said.
Ridara wrote on 2018-09-12 05:19:57:
I sort of wonder how many of these "friends and family" KS items are in existence. Obviously they can't keep this up forever if they want to stay true to their word.
There was over 700 people that backed the Kickstarter and got the a Skycat.
If just 1/5 of those people were willing to donate theirs, and they did one a month, they'd be able to do this for over 10 years.
Tinytalkingtina wrote on 2018-09-12 06:01:43:
So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust!
Well said.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Tinytalkingtina" date="2018-09-12 06:01:43" ] So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust! [/quote]
So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust!
AqaqXxe.png
im shocked someone donated a skycat but at the same time i'd be the person who'd donate it just to see everyone go nuts
im shocked someone donated a skycat but at the same time i'd be the person who'd donate it just to see everyone go nuts
iO2X60T.png
[quote name="Glacecakes" date="2018-09-12 09:09:26" ] im shocked someone donated a skycat but at the same time i'd be the person who'd donate it just to see everyone go nuts [/quote] There are probably a decent amount of people that backed Flight Rising due to a personal relationship with the developers but that don't actually spend much, if any, time playing these days. I'm assuming the KS donations will be coming from these kinds of players.
Glacecakes wrote on 2018-09-12 09:09:26:
There are probably a decent amount of people that backed Flight Rising due to a personal relationship with the developers but that don't actually spend much, if any, time playing these days. I'm assuming the KS donations will be coming from these kinds of players.
ZQGfAQY.png
I can understand people being skeptical about KS items being in the raffle. After all, the raffle including retired items goes against years of the staff saying "retired means retired". While I'm not hating on the staff for that decision, it means they went back on their word. It's only natural there'd be a bit of distrust about their word now.

That being said, I still believe the staff have the very best interest of the game at heart. Unless a KS item happens to be awarded to a player that already has one, it's safe to say they won't be entering circulation for sale. Plus, I'm sure there are legal issues involved with generating more KS items. I highly doubt they risk that kind of trouble just to give a couple of players rare items.
I can understand people being skeptical about KS items being in the raffle. After all, the raffle including retired items goes against years of the staff saying "retired means retired". While I'm not hating on the staff for that decision, it means they went back on their word. It's only natural there'd be a bit of distrust about their word now.

That being said, I still believe the staff have the very best interest of the game at heart. Unless a KS item happens to be awarded to a player that already has one, it's safe to say they won't be entering circulation for sale. Plus, I'm sure there are legal issues involved with generating more KS items. I highly doubt they risk that kind of trouble just to give a couple of players rare items.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@LicianDragon except the KS items are still retired - no new ones are being generated, the Skycat in the raffle was donated by someone who had it previously. in this instance it's the same as a user-run raffle of a KS item in the Raffles and Giveaways forum. [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-08-22 06:01:04" ][b][size=4]Okay, but how about items from the Kickstarter?[/b][/size] As a team, we do not want to increase the amount of these items beyond those that already exist. These items are rewards and thank you gifts to our earliest supporters. If a Kickstarter item becomes an available prize, it will come from the existing count, meaning that they will be [b]voluntarily donated[/b] from play (non-developer) accounts of the [i]Flight Rising[/i] staff and those of our friends and family. [/quote]
@LicianDragon except the KS items are still retired - no new ones are being generated, the Skycat in the raffle was donated by someone who had it previously. in this instance it's the same as a user-run raffle of a KS item in the Raffles and Giveaways forum.
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-08-22 06:01:04:
Okay, but how about items from the Kickstarter?

As a team, we do not want to increase the amount of these items beyond those that already exist. These items are rewards and thank you gifts to our earliest supporters. If a Kickstarter item becomes an available prize, it will come from the existing count, meaning that they will be voluntarily donated from play (non-developer) accounts of the Flight Rising staff and those of our friends and family.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After

Yes, I know. Bad wording on my part, sorry about that. I meant that by bringing back retired items after saying they wouldn't, some trust has been lost with the staff. This lends people to not believe them when they say the KS items are donated. I believe they are donated, and I welcome them being a part of the Raffle. I can just also understand why some people are distrustful. (also thanks for answering my question in the help forum yesterday, I forgot to reply to that earlier!)
@After

Yes, I know. Bad wording on my part, sorry about that. I meant that by bringing back retired items after saying they wouldn't, some trust has been lost with the staff. This lends people to not believe them when they say the KS items are donated. I believe they are donated, and I welcome them being a part of the Raffle. I can just also understand why some people are distrustful. (also thanks for answering my question in the help forum yesterday, I forgot to reply to that earlier!)
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@LicianDragon (no prob!) ahhhh gotcha. yeah, i can understand where people are coming from in that regard, although i don't personally feel the same. hopefully things will work out.
@LicianDragon (no prob!) ahhhh gotcha. yeah, i can understand where people are coming from in that regard, although i don't personally feel the same. hopefully things will work out.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="Tinytalkingtina" date="2018-09-12 06:01:43" ] So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust! [/quote] THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote]bringing back retired items[/quote] Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired. Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG. Buying a ticket is not a guarantee of getting the item or any of that week's prizes. Regarding Kickstarter awards, we've an exact count for each and every KS item on the site - active, vaulted, or on closed accounts. This count won't change. If you see a KS item in Roundsey, it was either removed from a staff account or one of our friends or family's.
Quote:
bringing back retired items

Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired.

Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG. Buying a ticket is not a guarantee of getting the item or any of that week's prizes.

Regarding Kickstarter awards, we've an exact count for each and every KS item on the site - active, vaulted, or on closed accounts. This count won't change. If you see a KS item in Roundsey, it was either removed from a staff account or one of our friends or family's.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9