Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Recipes - Cookbook For Dragons!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Raspberry Amaranth Bread Warm toasty bread is always a tasty treat to nom on in cold winter (or fall) months. Heres a spin on it for a sweeter, fruitier bread to last harsh winters First, extract the seeds of a [item=Amaranth] and carefully grind them into a smooth grain. Add goat milk and a dash of sugar. Mix well and chill. Next take a clawful or two of [item=Raspberry] and squeeze out the juice. Repeat until you get a cup of raspberry juice. Take out dough and add in juice, mix well, and bake using ashwood until golden brown or the room smells of raspberries. For added flavor, bake in a chopped [item=granny smith apple] or drizzle with warmed honey I may be slightly addicted to this thread as more ideas have already sprang up in my mind Seal stew Seal stew is a favored dish amongst clans in the southern icefields who live close to the icy waters around them. Typically served in fall, blubber and all, to prepare for a sudden loss of food sources in the harsh climate Boil water in a large pot, and add in one or two [item=cumulus seal flipper]s and add in a dash or two of [item=salt]. While boiling the broth, take out one or two [item=striped seal] and a [item=spotted seal]. Remove the hides and debone the seals. Break and add in bones to the boiling broth. Season seal meat with salt or other desired seasonings and roast. When the broth has become brown, remove flipper and add in seal meat. Chop up [item=Wild Onion] and [item=Turnip], Slowly add in to the stew. Cook for an hour and enjoy (Cooks note-It is recommended to add in blubber during fall months)
Raspberry Amaranth Bread
Warm toasty bread is always a tasty treat to nom on in cold winter (or fall) months. Heres a spin on it for a sweeter, fruitier bread to last harsh winters

First, extract the seeds of a Amaranth and carefully grind them into a smooth grain. Add goat milk and a dash of sugar. Mix well and chill. Next take a clawful or two of Raspberry and squeeze out the juice. Repeat until you get a cup of raspberry juice. Take out dough and add in juice, mix well, and bake using ashwood until golden brown or the room smells of raspberries. For added flavor, bake in a chopped Granny Smith Apple or
drizzle with warmed honey

I may be slightly addicted to this thread as more ideas have already sprang up in my mind

Seal stew
Seal stew is a favored dish amongst clans in the southern icefields who live close to the icy waters around them. Typically served in fall, blubber and all, to prepare for a sudden loss of food sources in the harsh climate

Boil water in a large pot, and add in one or two Cumulus Seal Flipper s and add in a dash or two of Salt . While boiling the broth, take out one or two Striped Seal and a Spotted Seal . Remove the hides and debone the seals. Break and add in bones to the boiling broth. Season seal meat with salt or other desired seasonings and roast. When the broth has become brown, remove flipper and add in seal meat. Chop up Wild Onion and Turnip , Slowly add in to the stew. Cook for an hour and enjoy (Cooks note-It is recommended to add in blubber during fall months)
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
@ribbonz
Oh lol I didn't name it let me fix that XD

Uh can I just call it Study Aid?
(After the most caffeinated thing our campus coffee shop would sell you lol)
@ribbonz
Oh lol I didn't name it let me fix that XD

Uh can I just call it Study Aid?
(After the most caffeinated thing our campus coffee shop would sell you lol)
wq9PoXA.png
@ZoeyNova @ BlueJaysFeather @SashaFiredrake @RosyWave @MaplesHaiku @Bui
Raspberry Amaranth Bread

@BlueJaysFeather

Alright, it's been renamed!
@ZoeyNova @ BlueJaysFeather @SashaFiredrake @RosyWave @MaplesHaiku @Bui
Raspberry Amaranth Bread

@BlueJaysFeather

Alright, it's been renamed!
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2018-10-23 07:39:07" ] Thanks :) [/quote] No problem!
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2018-10-23 07:39:07:
No problem!
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
@Ribbonz Recipe: General Denethor’s Stone Soup [i]During a long trek home, General Denethor and her companions found themselves lost in a terrible blizzard deep in the Icewarden’s Domain. After finding shelter in an icy cave, the troops decided to wait for the storm to end. While the snow blew around outside, the troops grew hungrier. Miraculously, the dragons managed to make a warm meal out of a stone! The next day, Denethor and her dragons woke up to find a hidden exit to the cave, illuminated by light. After returning to Dragonhome, Denethor and her companions shared the recipe with others, and it soon became a favorite among Earth Dragons.[/i] [b]Recipe[/b] First, you’ll need your best fire dragon to warm an iron cast cauldron of snow or water. While the water’s warming, have another dragon find a stone, any will do. Once the water is boiling, add he stone to the water. Now, technically the Stone Soup is finished, but it tastes mighty fine when you add a pinch of [item=Salt]. As your soup cooks, continue to add whatever you wish to make the Stone Soup even better. To compliment the stone, some [item=cragside mussels] go particularily well, as does a whole [item=mud turtle]. For vegetarians, simply adding a clawfull of [item=desert scrub] and [item=edamame] is enough; as long as you remember the stone! In the end, it doesn’t matter what rations you add to your stone Soup. And there you have it! Soup from a stone for the coldest of nights, guaranteed to fill any hungry belly! And remember, afterwards the stone can be used to warm your nests or beds.
@Ribbonz

Recipe: General Denethor’s Stone Soup

During a long trek home, General Denethor and her companions found themselves lost in a terrible blizzard deep in the Icewarden’s Domain. After finding shelter in an icy cave, the troops decided to wait for the storm to end.

While the snow blew around outside, the troops grew hungrier. Miraculously, the dragons managed to make a warm meal out of a stone!

The next day, Denethor and her dragons woke up to find a hidden exit to the cave, illuminated by light. After returning to Dragonhome, Denethor and her companions shared the recipe with others, and it soon became a favorite among Earth Dragons.

Recipe

First, you’ll need your best fire dragon to warm an iron cast cauldron of snow or water. While the water’s warming, have another dragon find a stone, any will do.

Once the water is boiling, add he stone to the water. Now, technically the Stone Soup is finished, but it tastes mighty fine when you add a pinch of Salt .

As your soup cooks, continue to add whatever you wish to make the Stone Soup even better. To compliment the stone, some Cragside Mussels go particularily well, as does a whole Mud Turtle .
For vegetarians, simply adding a clawfull of Desert Scrub and Edamame is enough; as long as you remember the stone! In the end, it doesn’t matter what rations you add to your stone Soup.

And there you have it! Soup from a stone for the coldest of nights, guaranteed to fill any hungry belly! And remember, afterwards the stone can be used to warm your nests or beds.
cDDSaqc.png
Oh gosh, I’d love to be added to the pinglist! I should try making a recipe...
Oh gosh, I’d love to be added to the pinglist! I should try making a recipe...
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Recipe: Everwinter Jelly [i]An old and simply recipe to celebrate and sweeten the darkest day on The Souther Icefield for hatchlings and ancients alike. Back then, it was mostly given to fresh hatchlings that were scared of the slowly vanishing sunlight when winter came near until to the point the everlasting snow would not be touched by light for a period of time. It has a refreshing, minty and sweet taste which makes it a highlight for any festival or other event.[/i] [b]Recipe[/b] (designed for 9-12 potions) Starting off, we need a good old [item=Intact Clay Pot] cleaned and heated up with some [item=glowing ember], yes we need heat for this for one. After the pot is almost too hot to touch for us, we add 3 big blocks of [item=blue jelly] and boil it till it turns into liquid, at which we add the fellowing: 2 mashed [item=Minty Jadevine], for picky eaters better peeled before, atleast a guardian claw full of chopped [item=Strawberry] and a faa wing full of pulverized [item=cinnamon], handle with care, a sneez will ruin it. Stir it good together to a wonderful thick mash-like state and add a [item=waterskin] full of water or snow to make it a liquid again. If needed, sweet it up more with different fruits but so far, that's usually enough. Now we need to put it into [item=damaged battlehorn], seal it up and place the filled horns in a huge pile of [item=eternal snow] to cool down. There are now two ways to eat it: As a drink, you can break the horntip for hatchlings that will otherwise make a mess while drinking from the horn normally or, when it cooled down long enough, as jelly to be scoped out of the horn with claws or tongue, can be messy but even tastier!
Recipe: Everwinter Jelly

An old and simply recipe to celebrate and sweeten the darkest day on The Souther Icefield for hatchlings and ancients alike. Back then, it was mostly given to fresh hatchlings that were scared of the slowly vanishing sunlight when winter came near until to the point the everlasting snow would not be touched by light for a period of time.
It has a refreshing, minty and sweet taste which makes it a highlight for any festival or other event.

Recipe (designed for 9-12 potions)

Starting off, we need a good old Intact Clay Pot cleaned and heated up with some Glowing Ember , yes we need heat for this for one.

After the pot is almost too hot to touch for us, we add 3 big blocks of Blue Jelly and boil it till it turns into liquid, at which we add the fellowing: 2 mashed Minty Jadevine , for picky eaters better peeled before, atleast a guardian claw full of chopped Strawberry and a faa wing full of pulverized Cinnamon , handle with care, a sneez will ruin it.

Stir it good together to a wonderful thick mash-like state and add a Waterskin full of water or snow to make it a liquid again. If needed, sweet it up more with different fruits but so far, that's usually enough. Now we need to put it into Damaged Battlehorn , seal it up and place the filled horns in a huge pile of Eternal Snow to cool down.

There are now two ways to eat it: As a drink, you can break the horntip for hatchlings that will otherwise make a mess while drinking from the horn normally or, when it cooled down long enough, as jelly to be scoped out of the horn with claws or tongue, can be messy but even tastier!

plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

[color=7930b5]Spook Stew: a versatile stew that can be made for any dragon! Perfect for Halloween. You will need: [item=ashfall bat][item=cave gecko][item=cursed batling] [item=ashfall prickler][item=glow mushroom][item=dark creeper][item=Star moss][item=salt] [color=7930b5]Seafood version: [item=glass minnows][item=moonbeam sardines][item=darktide jellyfish] [color=7930b5]Replace all meat with these! Insect version: [item=glowbug][item=Grey river jumper][item=Bark centipede] [color=7930b5] To start, have a clean cauldron prepared. Fill with water and bring to a boil, either by Fire dragon or setting in a fireplace. Once the water is boiling, add some Dark Creepers, Star Moss, and Salt to help add some flavor to the broth. While waiting for the broth to cook, dice all meat, seafood, or insects- whatever you prefer. Make sure the chunks will be easily chewable!** When the broth has simmered for 10 minutes, add the diced food. Stir occasionally, and cook for 15 minutes. Add some sauce from the Ashfall Prickler to taste. Then pour into whatever you’d like to serve it in! Garnish with Glow Mushrooms. **If you’d prefer a plant version, simply skip this step- the plant-based broth is plenty delicious on its own! Cook for 15 minutes instead of 25.
Spook Stew: a versatile stew that can be made for any dragon! Perfect for Halloween.
You will need:
Ashfall Bat Cave Gecko Cursed Batling
Ashfall Prickler Glow Mushroom Dark Creeper Star Moss Salt

Seafood version:
Glass Minnows Moonbeam Sardines Darktide Jellyfish
Replace all meat with these!

Insect version:
Glowbug Grey River Jumper Bark Centipede

To start, have a clean cauldron prepared. Fill with water and bring to a boil, either by Fire dragon or setting in a fireplace.

Once the water is boiling, add some Dark Creepers, Star Moss, and Salt to help add some flavor to the broth.

While waiting for the broth to cook, dice all meat, seafood, or insects- whatever you prefer. Make sure the chunks will be easily chewable!**

When the broth has simmered for 10 minutes, add the diced food. Stir occasionally, and cook for 15 minutes.

Add some sauce from the Ashfall Prickler to taste. Then pour into whatever you’d like to serve it in! Garnish with Glow Mushrooms.

**If you’d prefer a plant version, simply skip this step- the plant-based broth is plenty delicious on its own! Cook for 15 minutes instead of 25.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[center][b]Super Simple Foxfire Stew[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43449576] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434496/43449576_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote=Dabih] Are you planning on trekking into The Tangled Wood anytime soon? Perhaps you're a young Shadowling leaving your clan for the first time? Either way if you're ever running out of your rations, want to try some local foods, or are just lazy, I'd say this could be the recipe you need![/quote] First off you'll of course want to get some ingredients, [b]almost any[/b] (for the love of Shadowbinder please don't eat something just because it looks good, always ask a local guide or friend if see something you'd like to try but don't know anything about it) will do but some of my favorites to start with are: [item=Sparkling Crayfish] [item=Moonbeam Sardines] [item=Wetland Ghost] [item=Crow] [item=Black Squirrel] [item=Shale Skitter] [item=Blue Cricket] [item=Dune Vampire] [item=Marsh Choker] [item=Glow Mushroom] Once you have a good amount of any of these start heating up a big pot of water, if you have any poor about a cup of [item=Salt] and/or some [item=Honeycomb Fragment]s into it. These can really help bring out the great gamey flavors that the The Tangled Woods are known for! You'll need to wait till it's bolilng to add anything more so nows a good time to start getting the ingredients ready. I'm going to be working with mostly fish and plants today, but everything is really easy to to with meat and insects, just fish or whatever you want If you're using [item=Moonbeam Sardines] I'd recommend leaving them as is unless you're a fae, the bones are far to tiny to be annoying for most Crop up your [item=Sparkling Crayfish], [item=Wetland Ghost], [item=Marsh Choker], and[item=Glow Mushroom]. By the time your done with this you're water is probably starting to boil. If it is take it off whatever your are heating it up on (if you're using mostly meat you may want to keep it on longer), and just dump in your all of the ingredients. After about five minutes I like to add some [item=Glowbug] if I can find any, they have a really interesting favor that I believe everyone should try at least once! Once five or so more minutes pass it's probably done, enjoy your meal! *If you have any unsweetened [item=Blackberry] bread I'd recommend dipping it into the stew, it goes amazingly.[/center] (Hopefully I did this right ^^,)
Super Simple Foxfire Stew

43449576_350.png
Dabih wrote:
Are you planning on trekking into The Tangled Wood anytime soon? Perhaps you're a young Shadowling leaving your clan for the first time? Either way if you're ever running out of your rations, want to try some local foods, or are just lazy, I'd say this could be the recipe you need!

First off you'll of course want to get some ingredients, almost any (for the love of Shadowbinder please don't eat something just because it looks good, always ask a local guide or friend if see something you'd like to try but don't know anything about it) will do but some of my favorites to start with are:

Sparkling Crayfish Moonbeam Sardines Wetland Ghost Crow Black Squirrel Shale Skitter Blue Cricket Dune Vampire Marsh Choker Glow Mushroom

Once you have a good amount of any of these start heating up a big pot of water, if you have any poor about a cup of Salt and/or some Honeycomb Fragment s into it.
These can really help bring out the great gamey flavors that the The Tangled Woods are known for!

You'll need to wait till it's bolilng to add anything more so nows a good time to start getting the ingredients ready. I'm going to be working with mostly fish and plants today, but everything is really easy to to with meat and insects, just fish or whatever you want

If you're using Moonbeam Sardines I'd recommend leaving them as is unless you're a fae, the bones are far to tiny to be annoying for most

Crop up your Sparkling Crayfish , Wetland Ghost , Marsh Choker , and Glow Mushroom . By the time your done with this you're water is probably starting to boil.

If it is take it off whatever your are heating it up on (if you're using mostly meat you may want to keep it on longer), and just dump in your all of the ingredients.

After about five minutes I like to add some Glowbug if I can find any, they have a really interesting favor that I believe everyone should try at least once!

Once five or so more minutes pass it's probably done, enjoy your meal!

*If you have any unsweetened Blackberry bread I'd recommend dipping it into the stew, it goes amazingly.

(Hopefully I did this right ^^,)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15