Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When you realize that...
... You're not particularly fond of most of your lair. I was bonding with familiars earlier today when I came to the conclusion that I just... don't like the vast majority of my lair? A lot of my dragons have unnamed children from when I was still a newbie, while others don't look as good in their outfit as I would like.

I'm considering a lair purge, I guess? But I'd feel bad exalting dragons that I've had for so long.

Has any one else done some kind of major lair purge? What made you decide to do it/how did you go about doing so?
... You're not particularly fond of most of your lair. I was bonding with familiars earlier today when I came to the conclusion that I just... don't like the vast majority of my lair? A lot of my dragons have unnamed children from when I was still a newbie, while others don't look as good in their outfit as I would like.

I'm considering a lair purge, I guess? But I'd feel bad exalting dragons that I've had for so long.

Has any one else done some kind of major lair purge? What made you decide to do it/how did you go about doing so?
newsig.png
I had a couple dragons that I was holding onto because they were impulse buys and I forgot about them and/or I kept putting off writing lore for them, and after a while I came to the realization that I was just being a hoarder and I'd never find a legit reason to have them.
I had a couple dragons that I was holding onto because they were impulse buys and I forgot about them and/or I kept putting off writing lore for them, and after a while I came to the realization that I was just being a hoarder and I'd never find a legit reason to have them.
kj3UjDv.jpg
I did fairly decent purge a while back (I may end up doing one now) And usually what I do is toy in the dressing room a little, and try to come up with a decent outfit or idea for lore. And if not? Bye!
Plus it makes it a bit easier to think about how the money from exalting them could go into better things that you'll feel more...attached too!
And if you don't want to exalt, see about selling them in the forums or AH so they can potentially go to a good home if that's your main worriment. Just prepare for a lot of bumping...
I did fairly decent purge a while back (I may end up doing one now) And usually what I do is toy in the dressing room a little, and try to come up with a decent outfit or idea for lore. And if not? Bye!
Plus it makes it a bit easier to think about how the money from exalting them could go into better things that you'll feel more...attached too!
And if you don't want to exalt, see about selling them in the forums or AH so they can potentially go to a good home if that's your main worriment. Just prepare for a lot of bumping...
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I'm still trying to exalt some from my purge. I just looked through my lair to see which ones no longer fit my taste or didn't fit my lore. In the end, I did a couple of exalts at first and that made it easier to exalt more. I would find a couple you know you don't like anymore at all and exalt them. It might help you get started.
I'm still trying to exalt some from my purge. I just looked through my lair to see which ones no longer fit my taste or didn't fit my lore. In the end, I did a couple of exalts at first and that made it easier to exalt more. I would find a couple you know you don't like anymore at all and exalt them. It might help you get started.
i'm in the process of purging my lair but since i've work my blood into these dergs and i dont want to list items on the ah i'm selling them with their apparel.

and purge anyways. look at that space! less food points eaten! you'll be glad.
i'm in the process of purging my lair but since i've work my blood into these dergs and i dont want to list items on the ah i'm selling them with their apparel.

and purge anyways. look at that space! less food points eaten! you'll be glad.
nature.gif SKOGUR
they/them

wishlist
artshop
Oh I feel that. I have a relatively small lair, but I also have sentimental value from attempting to write lore about them. Read: attempting. I would feel bad scrapping all of them, but I've started to think so far ahead and brainstorm so much that I feel like I could not go back and keep up with all my thoughts. :B
Oh I feel that. I have a relatively small lair, but I also have sentimental value from attempting to write lore about them. Read: attempting. I would feel bad scrapping all of them, but I've started to think so far ahead and brainstorm so much that I feel like I could not go back and keep up with all my thoughts. :B
uCR5SCW.png
I've done several. Remember this is a constantly evolving game where the goal is to get dragons you find appealing whether story or looks wise. Let yourself have that goal. Your tastes can change, I know mine did. Purge and fall in lvoe with this game all over again. To be exalted is an honor if they find no other home amongst the clans.

@Azellia
I've done several. Remember this is a constantly evolving game where the goal is to get dragons you find appealing whether story or looks wise. Let yourself have that goal. Your tastes can change, I know mine did. Purge and fall in lvoe with this game all over again. To be exalted is an honor if they find no other home amongst the clans.

@Azellia
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
me too... kind of...
me too... kind of...
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
I've come back from a hiatus and am struggling with loving 90% of my lair the same way I did. As it is I am finding that I strongly dislike almost all of the terts...

I'm slowly working down on paring down my lair though.
I've come back from a hiatus and am struggling with loving 90% of my lair the same way I did. As it is I am finding that I strongly dislike almost all of the terts...

I'm slowly working down on paring down my lair though.
My Nuzlocke!
Seeking Marriage Prospects
I started to feel like that about some of my dragons. At first I really didn't want to exalt them, but then I realized that I didn't like them anymore, it was the idea of them I still wanted to keep. I also realized they had a good run in my lair, and while they were here I enjoyed them. That made it easier to exalt them. I also started a thread in the Fire forums with my exalted permas, so if I want to see them again I can.

I hope that made sense and maybe helps a bit.
I started to feel like that about some of my dragons. At first I really didn't want to exalt them, but then I realized that I didn't like them anymore, it was the idea of them I still wanted to keep. I also realized they had a good run in my lair, and while they were here I enjoyed them. That made it easier to exalt them. I also started a thread in the Fire forums with my exalted permas, so if I want to see them again I can.

I hope that made sense and maybe helps a bit.
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png