Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting, a summary.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
At this point, the only reason I would ever exalt a dragon would be if I couldn't sell it...and even then, I probably would just move it to the end of my liar and forever it existed. I really don't like the initial female that moved in with my progenitor but I'd heard you can't get rid of them...
At this point, the only reason I would ever exalt a dragon would be if I couldn't sell it...and even then, I probably would just move it to the end of my liar and forever it existed. I really don't like the initial female that moved in with my progenitor but I'd heard you can't get rid of them...
I'm pretty sure you can exalt your progenitors now (without getting any treasure for it).
I'm pretty sure you can exalt your progenitors now (without getting any treasure for it).
So if exalting starts at 1.5k at level 1, then at level 2 you only get 2k? then after that it's 1k per level so at level 3 it's 3k? I'd love it if a chart per level could be listed somewhere, or yes the great idea someone had of when you hit the exalt button, it tells you how much you would get if you confirm. I don't know if exalting has a confirmation button, it should I hope, but I never clicked it to find out. However as hatchlings are falling incredibly low in the AH, it's something I'm starting to think about more.
So if exalting starts at 1.5k at level 1, then at level 2 you only get 2k? then after that it's 1k per level so at level 3 it's 3k? I'd love it if a chart per level could be listed somewhere, or yes the great idea someone had of when you hit the exalt button, it tells you how much you would get if you confirm. I don't know if exalting has a confirmation button, it should I hope, but I never clicked it to find out. However as hatchlings are falling incredibly low in the AH, it's something I'm starting to think about more.
I am also on T5CmrJd.png
This is a little off topic, but looking through some of the posts on this thread I noticed something. A lot of the player's can't help but feel that exalting their dragons equates to destroying them, or recycling them into money, despite the in-story explanation that they're going to serve their clan. As many people here have pointed out, exalting shouldn't have a huge cash reward because that could mess with various aspects of the game, but maybe there are other issues contributing to the discontent?

Perhaps some players feel the reward for exalting is too low because they are uncomfortable giving up their dragons in such a way, especially since the nature of the game encourages being attached to them. They want a huge reward because they see exalting as a real loss, both in potential assets to your clan (from a game player's perspective) and as characters in their little world, the children of their dragons (from a story teller's view). Many players feel as if by exalting their dragons they are harming or betraying them.

I'm not saying the coin rewards need to be huge to counterbalance this, but maybe there should be some subtle way to make the process feel less like a hard sacrifice for little gain and more like the honor the game lore implies it to be (with a little coin in thanks). Perhaps a gallery of your exalted dragons so you feel as if they still exist even if you can't play with them? Even if it was just the names it might be something, maybe exalted dragons could even be given ranks depending on their level (Captain dragon name, Private dragon name) to encourage exalting higher level dragons for the bragging rights. Or some item specifically given for exalting dragons of a certain number, level, or type. Exalting is an essential part of Flight Rising if the system isn't to become completely glutted with dragons, but maybe there could be some way to make it more a part of the game rather than a recycle bin that spits out money. Maybe people just logically and psychologically need more than an achievement or two to justify it to themselves.
This is a little off topic, but looking through some of the posts on this thread I noticed something. A lot of the player's can't help but feel that exalting their dragons equates to destroying them, or recycling them into money, despite the in-story explanation that they're going to serve their clan. As many people here have pointed out, exalting shouldn't have a huge cash reward because that could mess with various aspects of the game, but maybe there are other issues contributing to the discontent?

Perhaps some players feel the reward for exalting is too low because they are uncomfortable giving up their dragons in such a way, especially since the nature of the game encourages being attached to them. They want a huge reward because they see exalting as a real loss, both in potential assets to your clan (from a game player's perspective) and as characters in their little world, the children of their dragons (from a story teller's view). Many players feel as if by exalting their dragons they are harming or betraying them.

I'm not saying the coin rewards need to be huge to counterbalance this, but maybe there should be some subtle way to make the process feel less like a hard sacrifice for little gain and more like the honor the game lore implies it to be (with a little coin in thanks). Perhaps a gallery of your exalted dragons so you feel as if they still exist even if you can't play with them? Even if it was just the names it might be something, maybe exalted dragons could even be given ranks depending on their level (Captain dragon name, Private dragon name) to encourage exalting higher level dragons for the bragging rights. Or some item specifically given for exalting dragons of a certain number, level, or type. Exalting is an essential part of Flight Rising if the system isn't to become completely glutted with dragons, but maybe there could be some way to make it more a part of the game rather than a recycle bin that spits out money. Maybe people just logically and psychologically need more than an achievement or two to justify it to themselves.
@TheSilverTopHat I think your explanation is pretty spot on, though it helps to consider the amount of time and effort that it takes to level a dragon up (apart from the emotional bond with them). I agree that we need something more to feel like it's worth it to exalt a dragon we have put a lot of effort into and have come to love.

It would be great if the story the game has put forward, that these dragons are being honored and are doing a great service for their clan by being exalted, could have some follow through. Despite the name being given to the action, exalting has come to have a negative connotation. "You bought that dragon just to exalt it." "I feel like I threw my dragon away." "It's like a recycle bin." I'm paraphrasing here, but none of that sounds like something that makes you feel good inside, or like a reward.

If having a higher monetary reward is not the answer, then having some way to commemorate and take pride in the dragons you exalt seems like a good alternative.
@TheSilverTopHat I think your explanation is pretty spot on, though it helps to consider the amount of time and effort that it takes to level a dragon up (apart from the emotional bond with them). I agree that we need something more to feel like it's worth it to exalt a dragon we have put a lot of effort into and have come to love.

It would be great if the story the game has put forward, that these dragons are being honored and are doing a great service for their clan by being exalted, could have some follow through. Despite the name being given to the action, exalting has come to have a negative connotation. "You bought that dragon just to exalt it." "I feel like I threw my dragon away." "It's like a recycle bin." I'm paraphrasing here, but none of that sounds like something that makes you feel good inside, or like a reward.

If having a higher monetary reward is not the answer, then having some way to commemorate and take pride in the dragons you exalt seems like a good alternative.
maybe exalted dragons give a little treasure every day. The higher the level, the more treasure you earn for your clan.
maybe exalted dragons give a little treasure every day. The higher the level, the more treasure you earn for your clan.
hk0zK67.gif
I'm just seconding @TheSilverTopHat. Personally if dragons had little "ranks" or titles after exaltation(and especially if I could show my list off to other people) I'd have a whole new exaltation-related goal in regards to the site. I'd breed for it and train towards it. It... would actually be super awesome, though I don't know what kind of coding would need to go into it.
I'm just seconding @TheSilverTopHat. Personally if dragons had little "ranks" or titles after exaltation(and especially if I could show my list off to other people) I'd have a whole new exaltation-related goal in regards to the site. I'd breed for it and train towards it. It... would actually be super awesome, though I don't know what kind of coding would need to go into it.
288uicn.jpg
Don't mind me a little late to the party, but, are we able to add this to the suggestions forum/does this exist in the suggestions forum?

I absolutely agree that a gallery of exalted dragons would be great, maybe it could count towards achievement points or something.
Don't mind me a little late to the party, but, are we able to add this to the suggestions forum/does this exist in the suggestions forum?

I absolutely agree that a gallery of exalted dragons would be great, maybe it could count towards achievement points or something.
Wow, that sucks. Thank you for showing, never ever ever doing that.
Wow, that sucks. Thank you for showing, never ever ever doing that.
jCVhFoZ.gif
@DoomsdayDragon: It is an old thread. Exaltation payouts were increased, so now you'd get more along the lines of 30k for a lvl 25... Still not much, though.
@DoomsdayDragon: It is an old thread. Exaltation payouts were increased, so now you'd get more along the lines of 30k for a lvl 25... Still not much, though.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7